Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Developer
Developer
Running IE 4.5 on a Mac. I see the text fine but there's no fade ... it just changes. The White Background Graphic (for the layer iirc), is a little bix extended pass the table but that's a minor design issue (i.e, the white overlaps the table on the right so that there's a tiny bit of white that goes past your red border and onto the black background of your forum). This white stuff only extends to the right AND NOT to the bottom.

Hope this helps.

q

qasic

Sponsored Links
Slurpee in my contol panel. the alignment/image/ect is there in text but, i cant click on them or anything, what could be the prob?

Thnanks man! frown

Ok 1.3 now contains an upgrade.txt files so that you can quickly get from 1.2 to 1.3 without guessing what to change. NOTE: I will be releasing 1.4 later today, trying to clean up the table codes a bit more with some variables.

Qasic, really it runs over on the right?? Crap I have worked hard to stop that, I HATE that. Will look into that, and thanks. Doesn't show up that way on a PC.

decimator - I'm not quite following. When you go into the News Fader setting, the new settings are there, but you can't click on them?? Well you should only have to toggle the image on/off, the align and image input. What isn't working?

Yes thank you!

But I still can't edit it from the CP and make it stick, and for some reason it seems limited on how much stuff I can type when I edit the txt file in notepad. Too much, and nothing shows up at all....

Ok, used 1.3 zip and its working fine. Nice job. I love this hack.

Mr. Bill
Sponsored Links
Thanx, this is cool but I need help. I can't get it to display my message. I type it in and it keeps repeating the message the other admin put in. But when I open up my control panel, it says it is displaying what I typed. Please help.

Slurpee none of links are working the text is there, but the links are not active...

OK guys SEVERAL things:

1. I just noticed that the new align option that Jigga implemented isn't actually called anywhere so that isn't working. Easy fix, I will have that done in seconds.

2. I am fixing the table colspan tags to work a little better.

3. Also fixing another width issue so that the fader doesn't run over the right table border on some browsers.

4. So 1.4 is coming out, so if you have 1.3 you might want to upgrade to 1.4 to be sure everything is working right. I will have it done in about 20 mins.

Qasic - Could you look at my forum again on that Mac and verify that that white isn't running over the border again.

decimator - You mean on the fader, you have put URL's in and they aren't showing up on it?? Make sure that you don't use " inside each headline, but '. Links should look like this, Yahoo.com

Slim - Clear out your cache and see if your headlines are being written to the newsfader.txt file in your non-cgi folder.

[ March 23, 2001: Message edited by: Slurpee ]

No what i mean slurpee is that Quote: number one in your topic above, same aplies to the image settings, nothing happens when to click on them, they are not active links, meaning they are just usless text.. With no use...

Thanks frown

quote:
JM Addons: image on/off, image url, align left/right/center
(none of these work)

Sponsored Links
OH OH OH!! The align part is not working because Jigga forgot to include the variable in the proper place in the public_forum_summary.pl file. I have already fixed that for 1.4, so hang on there. smile Now the image thing absolutely works in 1.3, once you turn it on, put the URL to your image in the the space. You also have to make some changes to the public_forum_summary.pl file. Download the my 1.3 zip again and follow the upgrade instructions completely, or wait about 30 minutes for 1.4 (which is what I would do if I were you).

[ March 23, 2001: Message edited by: Slurpee ]

hey, good work on the enws fader, i was wodering whther it could be placed in my header code instead of on the ultimatebb.cgi page, i realise this would take quite a lot of editing, but c wot u can do wink
thx wink
no1knows

hey, good work on the news fader, i was wodering whether it could be placed in my header code so it could be displayed accross the whole site instead of on the ultimatebb.cgi page, i realise this would take quite a lot of editing, but c wot u can do wink
thx
no1knows

Ok 1.4 is out, I highly recommend everyone switch to this version as it is much improved. Some of the things in this version:

* Fixed Fader Align Variable Problem
* Cleaned Up Table Codes
* Adjusted News Fader Image Path (complete URL input is not necessary)
* Changed some wording in the control panel

There are update instructions for those that are updating from 1.3. For those that have 1.2, you will probably want to look at the readme.txt file for the changes or upgrade to 1.3 and then 1.4. Changing my first post and the thread title...again.

Download: News Fader V1.4

Old Versions:
Download: News Fader V1.3
Download: News Fader V1.2
Download: News Fader V1.1

sorry bout the problems!
upgraded!

The 1.4 is great slurpee i upgraded from 1.3
But now when i choose center align it dosnt actually go in the center its slightly off.

Why is this?
Thanks in advance

some bugs in the html tables stuff which is unnecesary!
i can fix it but i dont want to disrupt slurpee, he might be working on that?

Yeah, everything is confirmed working for 1.4 except that alignment issue. smile

Very nice work, guys.

Fix when ya can...

Administrator / WTF.com / IWantMy80s.com
http://www.wtf.com
http://www.iwantmy80s.com
Jigga - Let me see what you got. smile

The thing is aligning but keep this in mind....The fixed width for the NewsFader is 480, which you will see in two places on your public_forum_summary.pl file. That width makes the fader fit perfectly on an 800 x 600 in display. So the thing is centering correctly, just based on the 480 width, you can change that width to whatever you want, but keep in mind that people viewing on smaller resolutions will have the thing sticking out past your table which looks awful! So picked 480 to be on the safe side. If ANYONE knows another way to do this, so that it will actually center across the entire table and not stick out past the end no matter the res, let me know.

1e of all great work we did miss this all , but now something else i run 6.0 gold version and as me a lot of people do to, now i dont want to upgrade and upgrade annymore so i want to stay 4 now with 6.0 now the problem , the new versions you make are 4 6.01 etc etc Great , but please dont forget the people who run the 6.0 version or the beta's thats what i did want to say and 2e man i love this hack the 6.0 version that is ;))

Thanks and keep it up Slurpee '

Grtx
Wizkid

[Linked Image]

~;
} else {
$NewsTable = "";
}
if ($vars_news_fader{nfon} eq "ON") {
$newslinefader= qq~

$NewsTable

~;
} else {
$newslinefader = "";
} # Run The News Fader
&ReadNews;

# End News Fader Stuff

Replace that code with:

# Start News Fader Stuff

# determine colspan
$ColSpan = 3;
if ($vars_display{ShowMods} eq 'yes') { $ColSpan++; }
if ($vars_display{ForumTotalOption} eq 'Both') {
$ColSpan = $ColSpan + 2;
} else {
$ColSpan++;
}

if ($vars_news_fader{nfgreet} ne "") {
$NewsGreet = qq~"$vars_news_fader{nfgreet}","",~;
} else {
$NewsGreet = "";
}

if ($vars_news_fader{nfimgon} ne "OFF") {
$NewsImg = qq~~;
} else {
$NewsImg = "";
}
$NewsTable = qq~
~;
} else {
$NewsTable = "";
}

if ($vars_news_fader{nfimgon} eq "OFF") {
$NewsCols = $ColSpan;
} else {
$NewsCols = $ColSpan - 1;
}

if ($vars_news_fader{nfon} eq "ON") {
$newslinefader= qq~

$NewsTable

~;
} else {
$newslinefader = "";
}

# Run The News Fader
&ReadNews;

# End News Fader Stuff

--------------------------------------------

And typo in FDRtxtAln = "center";

Replace it with:
FDRtxtAln = "$vars_news_fader{nfalign}";

The text - FDRtxtAln = "$vars_news_fader{nfalign}"; is already in the repacement code..

So if you was to look for FDRtxtAln = "center"; you woulnt find it..

[ March 23, 2001: Message edited by: decimator ]
typo in 1.4 upgrade txt: Look for this:
Replace that code with:

should be
Look for this:
# Start News Fader Stuff
if ($vars_news_fader{nfgreet} ne "") {
$NewsGreet = qq~"$vars_news_fader{nfgreet}","",~;
} else {
$NewsGreet = "";
}
$NewsImg = qq~~;
} else {
$NewsImg = "";
}
$NewsTable = qq~
$NewsImg

$vars_news_fader{nftitle}

$NewsImg

$vars_news_fader{nftitle}

Great work slurp but the centre alignment is all over the place, you need to re look at this issue...

Im usin 800x600 and is isnt center, eve though its set as centre, cache was cleared, your nearly there mate, as image and everthing else is working!!

What do you think is the problem?

Good man!

Decimator - Take a screen shot of it "centered" on your board and let me see it. Will look at the upgrade script for my couple typos.

BTW - Those using 6.0 should be able to use this code too.

Ok typos fixed, zip file updated. Decimator I was confused on what you thought the second typo was, didn't quite understand that one.

hey slurpee, i was wondering how hard it would be to place the news fader in the header/footer of the ubb so it can be displayed throughout the site?

cheers
no1knows

In the header??? Hmmmm.....I really don't know, might require a little thought.

Guys take a look at this screenshot of my board. I have the fader aligned "center," on 800 X 600 resolution, and it is completely centered. So you guys aren't getting this result?

yeh thats wot i thought, but the news fader throughout the site would be nice wink

i dont see how it could be that hard, but then again i cant do nuffin in cgi, so u tell me wink

Sure its centered for you - your board is much narrower than a normal 800x600 because of the menu-frame on the right side.

In a normal fullscreen board the newsfader uses only half of the screen (at 800x600) I changed the width to 700 and that worked well with 800x600. What a pity that I normally run higher resolutions wink Isnt it possible to change the absolute number to a relative one - e.g. 95% or so?

And then I have a question - is it possible to center the text vertically??? If so, how do I make this work? *g*

some questions are better left unasked ...
Stinky - Exactly, that's the problem with the fader, that you can't seem to use like a 100% or something on it like a table, you have to put in absolute values, so I use like 480. I would suggest if you aren't using your board with a menu next to it like me to change those two instances of 480 to 700, unless someone knows a better way, which I asked before. I would love to know a way to do this where it would work universally for any resolution and table size.

To center the fader vertically, change the valign in the cell the fader is in from "top" to "center." (That is in the public_forum_summary.pl template file)

Sorry slurpee the typo i mensioned was wrong, im tierd. lol
** EDIT PUBLIC_FORUM_SUMMARY.PL TEMPLATE **

(Here is what you put in the first instance)
Look for this:
Replace that code with:

Should be

Look for this:

And slurpee before you upgraded to 1.4 the alinment was ok, its just that is wasnt centred vecticaly in the table, now it is centred but not aligned horizontaly, im sure you know what i mean, so if you revert back to 1.3 or 1.2 where it was aligned proper horizonticaly couldnt you then add whatever you did in 1.4 to vertically align it?

wink

Ok found, corrected, and updated zip.

Slurpee I just re-downloaded the zips and did the hack for 1.4 and if you look at my news fader it's not centered properly even when I do the center in the Control Panel. How do I fix this?

http://forums.ultanime.net

//i wanna scream, show the world i have an inside.
i wanna bleed, let the blood flow, that keeps me alive.
was Offline
i set my table at 900 and it center the text perfect after that laugh
Great work on the hack guys

Still not centered for me in center mode.
If it helps it was perfect on newsfader 1.3 once upgraded to 1.4 it went funny.
I look at the page with 1024x768 res which seems to be the norm these days
Thanks slurpee

[ March 23, 2001: Message edited by: ascully ]

~;

to center the image smile

q
Developer
Developer
I would change $NewTable to this

$NewsTable = qq~
$NewsImg
A couple things:

If your fader isn't centering properly, it is because the width of the fader text is too narrow. Change the two occurrences of "480" in public_forum_summary.pl to a larger value until the text is centered. Unfortunately that's the only way to fix that issue, it really depends on what screen resolution you view the board at. Unfortunately as well you can't use a term like 100% (like on tables) on those fader values which would really help. But I have a workaround in process, see below.

Now I am going to work on a V 2.0 this weekend, which will be vastly improved, and include the following:

* More cleaned up HTML code.
* Ability to display total topics and total posts in the fader.
* Ability to vertically align the fader, either top, bottom, or center.
* Ability to change the fader width depending on what resolution you want. For example, a 800 x 600 display, a 1024 x 768, etc.

Should be done by Sunday.

Thankd slurpee ill leave it as it is and upgrade to 2.0 at weekend when your done

Your help is much appreciatted
thanks

this hack is really something, great job. it looks so good, and makes my board look much more professional.

JM, how come the news image not appear on my board? where do i turn it on?

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63