Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#133093 05/21/2001 10:10 AM
notta, your problem is known and caused by the HitHack and not by my hack. It doesn't even changes something on the other pages but forum home.

Cyberdude8472, the featured member isn't the member of the day it just changes everytime forum home is rebuilded.

dbode, this hack don't alter the cp_common.pl, the problem must be somwhere else.

Sponsored Links
um ok how do i do this i only got this for the instructions it doesnt tell me what file to mod?

# search for: #
###############

# get featured members public display name

#################
# replace with: #
#################

chomp($FeaturedMember[1]);
# get featured members public display name

######################################################
# If want to use italian wordlets, you will find the #
# vars_wordlets_mods_it.cgi file in the zip. #
# If want to use french wordlets, you will find the #
# vars_wordlets_mods_fr.cgi file in the zip. #
######################################################

[insert irony here]
Murassmeblade, fixed!

I have already talked to you but thank you again

Scott

[insert irony here]
Tovok,

Did you ever get anywhere with the SSI statistics output?

Sponsored Links
Mark, I'm currently very very busy, I have only a few free minutes every day and that's not enough to write this hack, besides I have some things more importent to do in this free time.

If some one can figure out how do do this via SSI it would be grate.

QUOTES: by Link2001-------------------------"I see under the road.""When will the path end?""Boy Im tired."-------------------------
RTM Offline
Greetings everyone!

Just a quick note to let you all know that we succesfully installed this hack at The Temple of Blues running UBB 6.04e - works great, a great hack that took all of 15 easy minutes to install.

smile

RTM

yeah good work on a good hack. but several problems...

firstly, on my board we have a archive forum which no users can post to but it has a high number of posts in it. this throws out the "average posts per forum" stat. is there a way to not include that forum?

also i have caching enabled, and the featured member changes regularly. i know you're probably very busy but is a control panel addon in the works where we can select the featured member, and what forums the stats apply to.

once again, good work though.

#133102 06/06/2001 10:46 AM
quote:
There is one but some programming is involved wink
quote:
A cp addon isn't planned just because I think that it's completely unnecessary. I hate hacking a lot after a new UBB is relesed that's why I did it without cp. Variable featured member would be possible but not very useful and that the stats only count special forum is a too big deal.

Sponsored Links
thats ok dude, thanks anyway!

Tovok7,

Firstly thans to ur hack(0.95)! It is nice!

However, I have a little problem. I found that when I click on the page, then i back to the cp to see the hit rate. EVERY hit counts in 2 times(means that I just one click but got 2 hits). then I go to the summary page to see the statistic, it give the same result, one click get 2 hits.

Maybe this is not an essential bug to be erased, but I hope can fix it as to reveal the real statistics of my board. Please give me some idea, I think there is some mistake I made when I installed the hack or something else.

PS:my ubb is 6.04e, and below is my hack list:

Avatar Pull Down Hack v0.00007e Final
Custom Title/Rank v0.0004
Statistic Hack 0.95
Last Username To Post In Forum version 2.03
Hit Hack 1.12e
Member List v6.3.8
Country Flag Hack 1.0
Hyper Cell 2
Active Topics 1.8d

[ June 09, 2001 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Windheart ]

I just installed this hack bit it does nothing? It is on my main forum empty? No numbers at all.

Dont mind me. I hacked ubb.forum.cgi not the summary one. wink

Anyway has anyone fixed the feature member thing yet. Mine is featuring a member who registered and never posted. Please how stupid is that. I would like to be able to pick this option.

Windheart, it counts every hit even controlpanel hits (I guess) and maybe someone else is on you UBB that's why you got two hits.

omegatron, it is possible to query every memberfile and choose only the good ones but the cpu load would be unnecessary increased.
The same with keeping the featured member for one day, there I had to save the last one with the current day in a special file.

If the majority of you think that server load and number of files doesn't matter I maybe add these improvements in a few weeks.

How bout what was suggested before? a control panel interface allowing admins to pick the member?

Tovok7 , thx ur reply! well, just a small problem.. let it be. if it is possible.. try to look on the problem in next version.(i know it is quite a complex programming) thx again for ur help~
smile

omegatron I may include that feature in an upcoming version.

Oops nevermind

[ June 25, 2001 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Rinkrat ]

Everytime i try to install this hack i get this error

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Illegal division by zero at /home/ezdesign/public_html/cgi-bin/ubb_forum_summary.cgi line 153.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Does anyone know how to fix this, i'm using 6.0f maybe that's the problem i'm not really sure, and i'm kinda a newbie to this . . .thanx ahead of time smile

dizturbd, It's possible that your UBB is completely new installed that's why there are no posts or other things that are used to calculate statistic data. This may causes a division by zero which isn't catched.

Install the Hack again if you've made some test posts, if it doesn't work again please reinstall the hack carefully or send me your ubb_forum_summary.cgi via mail.

#133114 06/29/2001 12:41 PM
I installed this hack using MultiHack v1.5 but for some reason it does not show on my ubb forums list page but if I click on a category it will show at the bottom of the category.

I am using v6.05 and obviously have categories turned on.

Any idea on what's happening?

I also noticed that with my last category the statistics are not displaying. This got me thinking and I remembered that I have two forums that are turned off in that last category.

When I turn these two categories on, the statistics will now show on the forum summary page and for that particular category.

I guess this would be considered a bug, though not a big one.

If I want the statistics to show for the forum front page I cannot have any forums turned off. (Note: the forums are not even the last forums in that category either.)

So it would be nice to get this little problem fixed.

I have forums that are for special purposes and are only turned on during those times (contests) so it would be nice if this hack would display even though there are forums turned off.

For now... I guess I will delete those forums.

ok now for a further interesting development...

those two forums I had turned off did not have any posts in them...

I turned them on, made one post in each, then just for the heck of it turned them back off (to see if the forum count changed)...

the forum count changed and now the statistics show up on the forum front page...

go figure!

anyways... it is working so thanks for the great MOD!!!!

CaCoffin - I visited Ur UBB ans saw that all seems to work properly. Is there still any problem with this hack?

For those who are intersted in that: I'll start to enhance this hack in a week and try to include all requested features.

Suggestion:

It would be great to have the hack display last months monthly hits too, so users can compare a little on how the board is going.

At the moment this has to be done manually.
Can someone tell me witch variable that contain the previous(june) monthly hits, and in what file the number is stored? confused

gaulalauk - I think it's easy to add this feature and I gonna add this in next release.
By the way you won't find earlier monthly hits in a variable.

I was thinkig of a seperated statistics page which displays all statistic data and a small summary under the forums (like it is now) which just displays the important ones, what do you think of this idea?

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Tovok,

Great idea on the stats page. However make sure that you make it so that the admin of the BB can select WHAT stats they wanna show. Not everyone wants to show everything. Just a suggestion. =)

Tovok7,

Well since you're the stats man and this is slightly unrelated... You know how there's a totalposts.cgi file or something in the /Members root, could you code a tiny script to call this into an external HTML page?

Somebody did it with PHP, but I couldn't do it under perl and you can't call the file directly due to permission issues, changing them would be a serious security flaw.

Troy - But how should I do it for the summary on forum home? There it's important that right are the same number of values like left.

mark99 - I've already heard something about that file but I haven't it in my members directory, there's only a members_total file.

#133123 07/01/2001 12:51 PM
quote:
Sorry I wasnt thinking straight about that variabel laugh

Your plans for next version is very nice. It sounds VERY GOOD with a seperated statistic page saving and showing all the statistics for a year or two, and that little summary on the bottom as it is now :-)
Also it would be nice if the admin can control what to show to the public, and what to show up for the admins and mods.

So I will wait for your next superb release

laugh laugh

Btw...while waiting...in what file can I find the hits for last month. I forgot to take a note on it, and have been digging around without finding anything?

quote:
You can find the values in that directory: noncgicache-SJL3DXXXubb_filescounter

So many features eek
That may last a while.
What do you find better? Releasing a first version with not all featuers or releasing the complete version?

Tovok7,

It might be members_total, I don't know, but it doesn't change the fact that you need to make that data public somehow since you can't call it directly as it doesn't work.

Hmmm I'll keep trying, there must be a simple solution.

mark99 - My hack already displays the total Members.

You have a short memory, I'm talking about calling it so you can include the output in an external HTML page via SSI.

What I mean is that since there's a physical file for total members then there must be a simple way to output that, although permissions seem to get in the way so we need another solution.

Was just asking for any ideas.

Ahh that is it what you mean.

I coded that in seconds and it needs some final coding but then it should work if it's called via ssi.

Code
code:

Hello...
Great site guys.....its places like this that make the world keep spinning! I have a quick question in regards to labels showing up.
for my statistics display at the bottom of my page, i have all the values showing up, but once again, no text displays( no text for 'monthly hits, etc).
Can someone explain what is going on? what i am doing? And if i need to add something to some code, can you specify which file exactly? i have been using the multihack program(which is wonderful thank you!!).

just wanted to add that i am kinda newbie'ish, so dont get too techinical on me just yet!! hopefully ill be in full swing within the end of the month!

i sorry i didnt include this, here is my address: WEBPAGE

[ July 03, 2001 08:12 AM: Message edited by: The_baptizer ]

Rehack vars_wordlets_mods.cgi

You forgot to add the wordlets.

I ran it about 4 times, and still everytime, i get the same result. I also get the same results when i run the 'whos online' multihack. It doesnt display the 'User's currently online'...you can sadly see the results on my webpage frown frown
i am very frustrated... frown frown

uh oh....is this my problem? here is what i had for my vars_wordlets_mods file before performing the mutlihack task:
Code
code:

Is this the correct code i should have BEFORE multihacking? Just want to verify i didnt already mess things up! frown frown frown

[ July 03, 2001 08:18 AM: Message edited by: The_baptizer ]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63