Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O.K ,,, this hack will not works well with LOGIN.CGI hack ,, else its perfect
" i'm talking about 6.04a "

it will works good with the LOGIN.CGI , but after adding any reply to any topic in any forum this will appear in the top of every topic page :
quote:
also the counter will increase if you refresh the topic page , if you used you back & forward buttons .

i guess JB007 you have to work again on this great hack , it worth to re-modify it bcause LOGIN.CGI hack is really one of the most important hacks available ..

Keep the good work

[ April 17, 2001 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Wanted ]

Sponsored Links
quote:

::sniff:: anyone? frown confused

quote:
is it working with 6.04a? people out there who had it installed already ?

anyway - far as I can see: good job JB, good boy ! wink

ICQ# 11307124.
Oh, I'm sorry for being too late .. anyway the hack is working without any problems on 6.04 , and yes .. there are some changes in the cp_lib.cgi file in that version and they were mentioned by AceWheelie ( Thanks ! ) , however.
I'll try to prepare optional instructions add the hits counter anywhere on your UBB.

quote:
is there a revised installation text available for this hack for UBB 6.04 ?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well, now that I got it working I took notice that Netscape doesn't like the forum summary pages. The top headers load and then netscape just freezes and won't load any other pages until reboot. (a common netscape crash when something is coded funny) Everything works fine in MSIE. I not completely sure it's this hack but it started after I installed it.

My best guess is something in the template.. maybe the table layout? I know how they behave differently in netscape and MSIE.. any ideas?

[ April 19, 2001 04:47 PM: Message edited by: tpearl5 ]

quote:
6.04a : DANGEROUS - DON´T DO THIS AT HOME !
Warning to 6.04a-users !

on our site we have a 6.04a version running including the hacks Lastusertpost, Who´s online and ICQ-PopUp v1.5.

the counter hack could be included straight forward. but as we started the cp and turned the counter (just in the forum summary) on and changed to this site all what has shown up was a ugly and unfriendly error 500.

okay..we double-checked all files, had seen no typos , new upload in ASCII, cleared the cache and the problem changed to

Error including required files: No such file or directory in Ultimatebb.cgi and every bookmarked link into a forum has shown up blank sites in MSIE (Netscape said "The server has sent an empty file. Please contact the webmaster.")

we tried to figure out what went wrong checked the files again and with 8 eyes - but nothing.

after a whole day trying to get this hack (and our board) back working, we considered that there is something incompatible in our hack-constellation. we tried to unhack our modified files but we had to found out, that this hack is causing to many changes in to many other files which we hadn´t modified by ourselfes - guess the hack did it while he was trying to work. that´s what he should do - but the result is, that we had to reinstall a ubb "out of the box" `cause our backup-files coudn´t solve that problem. okay..the Error-Msg disappeared - but all what came up was blank sites or an Error 500.

in our reinstall in a new DIR we included the same hacks again in that row : Who´s online, Lastusertopost, ICQ-PopUp v1.5 and then again this hit-counter.
I´m really sorry to say that - but after modifying the files for the hits-counter, who´s online was gone to hell and totally disappeared from our site and beside that - the hit-hack isn`t working at all. (Table appears but no # of hits.)

All in all I don´t wanna say, this hack won´t work in 6.04a - I haven´t tested it yet in a pure version without other hacks.
I just wanna give a feedback to all the other people out there with the same hacks in their ubb´s which are thinking about to install this hit-hack. THINK TWICE !

I only can recommend that any person who wants to install this hack should do it in a testversion of his ubb constellation with all the hacks in it, which are running on his board.
May be we´ve made typos - I don´t believe that by now, but it´s possible that we hadn´t seen the wood because of all the trees and haven´t noticed the error - but before someone runs into this problem, he should check it out in a safe DIR without threatening his complete board like we did.

JB, any ideas what happend to us ? Any suggestions?

[ April 20, 2001 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Marvin ]

ICQ# 11307124.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
There are some incompatibilities with this and the "who's online".. they are changing some of the same files. We have it working on our database (6.04a) without problem, but we don't have much installed there...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
btw, Allen - where have you changed the size for the "[ April 20, 2001 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Marvin ]" ?

ICQ# 11307124.
I have Who's Online, Avatars, E-mail, post reply, pm notification, nick ban, and last reply running in 6.03. I noticed that when I installed the counter that some of script was different in ubb_forum.cgi. Such as the second print "$ThisHTML"; already gone. I compromised and everything seems to work now. Except in Netscape!

For a while I didn't have anything displayed on the forum pages, but it was because of the placement of the coding in ubb_forum.cgi.
Now that I rearranged everything it all the hacks that I have seem to work fine.

[ April 20, 2001 01:48 PM: Message edited by: tpearl5 ]

Sponsored Links
Oops.. looks like there's some other conflict with Who's Online.. once in a while (I assume it has something to do with the cache) a forum is displayed twice; one with no numbers under the 'views', and the 'Currently Browsing' header, and one without that header and the #'s in the views. When the page is reloaded everything is fine.

Any suggestions?

[ April 20, 2001 02:21 PM: Message edited by: tpearl5 ]

Sorry again, for info are you working on hits in summary page?? tnx in advance

Obviously, there is a little conflict with who's online and the counter.

Well, it seemed my netscape was just acting funky in conjunction with a ****ty hard drive. That problem is solved when I put in a new hard drive running at ata100.. strange..

Anyway, I took the coding of Who's Online out of forum summary and the views seem to work fine now. Yes, there was an obvious conflict between the two scripts, I just don't know how to code a fix for it. Hopefully that'll be solved at some point... I don't know perl very well

What's the difference between this one and Easy's hack? And do both work on 6.04b? Seems like this one is having some errors.

Infinite

quote:
Confirmed. Same on our board.

EDIT: and I´m using MSIE 5.5. - not Netscape..

[ April 24, 2001 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Marvin ]

ICQ# 11307124.
After i added your total views hack to my board, it now shows the forum page
twice, the first showing of it doesnt show the total views, but the second
one does, theyre straight after each other on the same page

please email me at [email protected] if u know how to fix this

the site is http://nexusfxp.cjb.net - before u ask, i had a licence for the site, but now its expired (thats why i cant upgrade anymore) and can prove this if you dont believe me, so dont go on about piracy please.

seeing ur posts i tried removing the code for whos online from public_forum_page.pl (which was a single bracket) - it didnt solve the problem....

FIXED IT!!

Ok, if you have who's online installed open up ubb_forum.cgi find :

$ThisHTML .= &page_bottom; # some HTML
$ThisHTML .= $Footer;

local($ThatHTML);
$ThatHTML = $ThisHTML;
$ThatHTML =~ s//$replace/g;
print "$ThatHTML";
undef($ThatHTML);

and replace it with:

$ThisHTML .= &page_bottom; # some HTML
$ThisHTML .= $Footer;
if ($vars_misc{count_views} ne 'no') {
&processVIEWS($ThisHTML);
}

local($ThatHTML);
$ThatHTML = $ThisHTML;
$ThatHTML =~ s//$replace/g;
print "$ThatHTML";
undef($ThatHTML);

next scroll to the bottom of the file and find

if ($vars_misc{count_views} ne 'no') {
&processVIEWS($ThisHTML);
}

print "$ThisHTML";

and delete it.

The problem was that who's online changed $ThisHTML to $ThatHTML so that the cgi script loaded both, and that caused it to load 2 instances of the page. What i've done is incorporated the code for the views, which used $ThisHTML - and made it so that it was added to $ThatHTML - which was then shown.

[ May 04, 2001 01:01 PM: Message edited by: berzerka ]

I don´t see the hitcounter in my main forum page, but in all forum i see the counter
what hapen?

i have de who is on line and you modify its very good.

sorry for my english

The reason is that the hack wasnt made to show a counter on the main forum page, only in the individual forums - hope this helps!

berzerka,

thx for the WOL-fix - works like a charm.

but there´s now another problem appearing in the posting itself.

the hitcounter is activated for both - the forums_summary and the posting itself. but after doing your fix for WOL, the hits in the posting are gone.. any suggestions?

ICQ# 11307124.
hi JB,

here´s a little problem with your counter-hack.
i installed your hack on my previous version 6.04a and had the problem there too.

every time i´m making changes in cp->misc settings i´m crashing the board and i receive this message :

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
syntax error at ..../htdocs/ubbcgi/cgi-bin/vars_misc.cgi line 31, near "runOnLimit"

the bug is (i call it that but may be the hack is simply not working proper with WOL) that the code in vars_misc.cgi is rewritten after submitting - unfortunality: wrong.

the code appears like this:

Code
code:

but it should be:
Code
code:

any idea how to fix this?

[ May 15, 2001 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Marvin ]

ICQ# 11307124.
It's missing a comma.
To fix it, go to cp_lib.cgi and FIND:

print FILE qq!show_topics_views => '$in{show_topics_views}'n!;

REPLACE that with:

print FILE qq!show_topics_views => '$in{show_topics_views}',n!;

quote:
argh...
i´m a complete idiot - or the nightshift f***ed me up..
today i was looking for that line in ubb-Lib.cgi

thx for leading me blind guy..

[ May 15, 2001 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Marvin ]

ICQ# 11307124.
All right guys, I'm gonna deploy Who's Online and my hack so that I can do some error trapping and release a clean code.

The version I've tested this hack on with Who's Online is 6.04d. For those who are having troubles with Who's Online hack, check the updated instructions in the ubb_forum.cgi page.

Hi,

I build the Hits Counter code into my ubb 6.04e and now it's "totally ****ed up" in modern words.

After I restored the backup files - no change. You could see it here: http://www.terrabay.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

When I try to logon cp.cgi than this happens:

---
Software error:
syntax error at c:/web/terrabay/ubb/vars_misc.cgi line 22, near "runOnLimit"
Compilation failed in require at c:webterrabayubb/cp_lib.cgi line 373.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
---

I wonder why I cannot restore my board with the original files.

Could somebody help ?

im having the same problem as the previes post above

when i edit my misc settings for the first time after i install the hit counter it goes thru fine then i check my ubb board and its say
Error including required files:
Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

then i go back to my control panel and go to the misc settings to edit it and it says
Script output was:
[Sat May 26 12:06:10 2001] cp.cgi: syntax error at /www/gamersspot/cgi-bin/vars_misc.cgi line 22, near "runOnLimit"

i am running 6.04a and i have the ratings hack, avatar hack, who's online hacks installed?
can someone help me

Something weird happens...the counter resets back to 0 after a certain amount of views..Any ideas?

Même prb pour moi, le compteur de forum ce replace à 0 frown

would be great, if someone could make a file for multihack...

i currently do use " HITS COUNTER VERSION 4.0 BETA 1.3". But wanna upgrade my ubb to v.6.04 and use this hack again.
(but don't wanna change it by hand...)

That error happens because new versions of UBB have some change in vars_misc.cgi file structure, I've upaded the instructions. All you've to do is to re-do the steps in the cp_lib.cgi.

Great i have it to work but i had to disable the cache and then it works

i am using ubb6.04e | who is online 3.9qa | cp registration | newfader 2.0 | viewPMinfo 1.2 | UBB Integrated Polls 1.3 and now Hitcounter 4

[ June 06, 2001 04:50 PM: Message edited by: boondock ]

Does this mean I have to turn of cache to get this to work . not a problem just a question before I install..

Tech-Ni-Kal

after i installed it, it lookt oke no problems hits works only when i entered a thread and after that i want to return it came back with a blank site.

So i turned off the ubb cache in misc settings after that i cleared the cache and everything was (is) working laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63