Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Name: UBB Poll v6 beta

Description: This is a stand-alone poll script that utilizes the UBB members structure and the styles. A user must be registered on your UBB in order to vote in the poll. A slick administration utility is also included with the script allowing for opening and closing of polls, and adding and deleting of polls.

Original Author: Andy Tomaka

Demo: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll

Link: https://www.ubbdev.com/hacks/6/ubbpoll.zip

(Updated 06/11/2001)

Requires: DPK's Wordlet Dev Kit to be installed first.

Development Roadmap

Alpha 1 - begin upgrading

Beta 1 - begin ubb6 integration

Beta 2

- will work on using the pre-built ubb sub's more later this week so the design/layout looks more like your forum

- will push to the beta 2 use of template files for the same reason as well...

<<<< we are here

- beta 3 will have the text in wordlets

- beta 4 will be in finished form as a "standalone" script and will have an auto-install file built for it. Primary changes over beta 3 will be code optimization (there's a good bit of redundancy in sub/variable usage that could just be pulled from the ubb itself). HTML validation will be completed with css support integrated.

- beta 5 will be considered finished (release 1), moved to the finished forum, with a UBB™ Poll Moduile offered as a completely stand-alone poll script.

There are no dates as of yet on any of these stages, since several people are working on it as time allows.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
- new thread started to keep confusion down between the 2 versions of poll scripts.

- Files updated, now all public pages:

[*]validate to html 4.01 transitional (with exception of page margins which will be fixed in final version).

[*]have wordlets done

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
AIght thanks I was getting a bit confused. there . I was like why did you go up one version and then back down .. wow its late where I am ..

Hey Allen.. Am I supposed to make any of files CHMODed? All you said was that they must be in a certain directory.

I have VERSION: 1.5 public beta, so if I wanna upgrade do I just upload the files again ??

Burn
Sponsored Links
is there any way you can make this hack open for everyone? so everyone can post a new poll?

hey any chance there is a multi hack file for this?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
afterlab - set permissions on the .cgi and .pl files uploaded to 755 or 777, for anyone to be able to post a poll, you may want to check on the thread-integrated poll script in this same forum, it works really nice.

Burn - yes, just upload the files, you may need to update your wordlets

Spitz - not yet, that I know of. One will be made when this is final, but someone may have made one already.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
When I tried to install this, it appeared to go in fine, but on
/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll neither results nor vote showed up with a hyperlink.

[ June 05, 2001 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Ellen ]

Hi Allen,

I have been waiting for the next stage before I load this one up. I know it is difficult to say (especially as this is a labour of love wink ) when this will be ready, but can you give us a clue?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Does this hack have anything to do with the Thread Poll hack??

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Ellen, wanna pm me with a link? I have been to your site a few times before, but it's been a while. I'd like to see what it's doing.

Poacher, asap, there really isn't much left to do, mainly worldets for the cp, making a completly standalone option again, and working out the css. If I have time, sometime this week. If you are installing it integrated into your ubb (and speak English), what's up now is complete except for the css.

ruph, that's a seperate modification. They may be integrated in the future...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Ellen, it looks like you haven't done the wordlets yet... you will need to install DPK's wordlets modification found here:

http://www.nfscheats.com/users/DPK/scripts/cgi_perl/mods_wordlet_devkit_0.1.zip

Fairly easy to install, both polls scripts require this to have links to results, etc... Install the wordlet dev kit then add the wordlets in the instructions to it.

I need to make that more clear in the instructions, thanks for helping me find a documentation bug.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I'm glad I could help you find a bug, but, umm, that wasn't the problem. I did/do have them all in there. Any other thoughts? But thanks for trying!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
smile Do you have them configurable from your control panel? Do you have a selection under "Wordlets" in the drop-down box for "Modifications Wordlets"? Those are the ones the 2 poll scripts look for when needing to call the wordlets... if the wordlets aren't there, you get blank space.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
All the wordlets appear in the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file, but they do not show up in the control panel as configurable wordlets.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
exactly, you need to install them so your ubb can find them, check the instructions in the link I provided, it's a fairly simple install, and should correct most/all of your problems.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
"syntax error at cgi-bin/vars_wordlets_mods.cgi line 2, near "_"

When I did that here's the error message I got.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
remove that line in the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file, it's just a guide to how to write the wordlets...

make sure you add the wordlets from the (bottom of the) poll instructions to the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file... or just upload the one that came with the poll zips, since you haven't installed them before and aren't using them yet for anything else like who's online, yet.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Boy, do I feel sorry for you working with people like me! Am I stupid, I had added the wordlets to the wrong file. But I'm glad I could be of assistance anyway in my stupidity...works great now! Thank you so much!!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
smile no problem, glad you got it to work.. they are needed in quite a few modifications... smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
pretty easy to install.. but theres no button whatsoever that links to the polls page.. how am i suppose to know if it even worked??.. actually i already figured out the link by guessing.. tipsy just a suggestion that you guys should atleast add a button for the next version.. cause i've installed the previous beta and didnt see any diff so i took it out. anyways, great hack!

Thanks to your help, it's working perfectly now. What I originally did is put the wordlets in vars_wordlets instead of vars_wordlets_mods.

RTM Offline
We must have majorly screwed up our installation of this hack, since it is working in a majorly broken way;

1) it is allowing multiple votes by the same member - 777 on polls directory.

2) serious HTML alignment problems on confirmation and transitional screens, including variables not being translated correctly

This is odd, since this seems like a great hack and we are so looking forward to it. Perhaps we have majorly SNAFU'd the installation.

Currently installed hacks include:

Statistics 0.95
Rate This Topic 1.1a
Who's Online (latest release as of posting)

Any assistance greatly appreciated - see www.templeofblues.com/cgi-bin/agora/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
More wordlets done to control panel side, version # added to assist in bug testing.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
What the.....
Your mod is incomplete I put this mod it onliy interact with the control panel but there is no effect in my forum,

Tell me what will I do to have poll like in this site.

Or maybe can you update the intallation text

Hi there! I have version 6.04e of UBB and I must say that it is working quite well. I felt that UBB by itself just didn't have the functionality it could, so I decided to install a few mods. One of which was this one!

I followed all directions and YES I have the Mod Wordlets Dev Kit and it displays perfectly, along with 12 other mods, but when I attempt to add a poll it gives me this error:

$vars_wordlets_mods{polls_cp_thanks}

All I know is that this is one of the wordlets for this hack. I checked it out in the wordlets settings section in CP and all it said was "Thank you". I just assumed that it was missing or something.

I decided to check out the other functions of this hack and discovered that when I go to the delete poll section it displays the poll that I just made.

I decided to go ahead ahead and delete it. I then recieved this message:

The .cgi file could not be deleteed because: No such file or directory.

I find this odd becuase all .cgi files are in thier respective areas.

Also, one more thing, the post poll button is also not displaying. frown

Any help would be highly appreciated. This looks like an excellent hack!

What are exactly the diferences between this hack and the "thread-integrated ubb poll 1.4"?

umm i am having the same problem... its seems to be all installd and its there in my CP. I can make a poll no problem however it has no effect on the forum??? where do the polls go? Something else i have noticed when i make a new poll and update the page the cp says

$vars_wordlets_mods{polls_cp_thanks}

after i have clicked the add poll

has any one had this problem or know what it may be?

-joey
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
We need to fix a few more bugs... it's printing the code for the wordlet there instead of the wordlet itself. There's not a "add poll" or "polls" button either, we were doing it manually... an ssi version for the front page of a site would be nice as well, it just hasn't been done yet. smile

If I have time this weekend, I'll put some more work into it and fix a few bugs...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
thanx a lot allen! smile

-joey
Kick a$$!!! Thanks, bro!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
little modi. in ubb_poll.cgi

www.axtien.de/database/ubb_poll_1.zip
and can u change the text " tc for voting - click HERE to ..." into the §standart form like here if u have add reply ... ?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
danke melder... in looking at your file it looks like you did a lot of work on an older version. Quite a few of the wordlets are just not there. Whole sections are changed from this version...

I am afraid to upload it and try it out...:) Do you have a link to it working on your site?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
test poll in [ www.chat-board.de ] ...

>>> UBB-hacker >>> UMFRAGEN >>> there is the link to the test poll

(only this way - i save the frames)

--------------

can u splitt the ubb_poll.cgi in ubb_poll.cgi and ubb_poll.pl (templates) 4 a better working ?

... and the userlink in the comments are not right.

test by user: test1 - password: test1 wink if u like

quote:
bump

Hi Dudes !

I installed the pollhack like discribed in the install.txt
BTW: Your installationguide says:

Code
code:

This needs the "Who is online" hack installed, huh ?

Back...
I can add, delete, open and close polls but get that errors discribed by that other members before...

After interacting with the cp.cgi (adding polls) it says $vars_wordlets_mods{polls_cp_opened}.

How to see, vote polls ?
When browsing to ......ubb=poll i get only a blank screen, and yes i have that dev_kit installed , 2 other hacks are using it..

How to interact with this hack usersided ?

So long...the cp-stuff is done well..maybe you can help..

Sorry 4 my bad english laugh laugh

kyo Offline
suggestion ^^ : how about a col mentioning about how much votes have been casted on the poll on poll summary laugh

i have install the hack, but when to cp and click on Primary Settings -> Configure Poll Settings, i get an error saying "You do not have permission to access this area.
» Use your browser's back button to return."

Can anyone help me?
tnx
winnie

I downloaded the poll "thought it looked neat" but couldn`t get any wordlets when I clicked this link.
Requires: DPK's Wordlet Dev Kit to be installed first.
Any help here where there is not a broken link?
Thanks,
JokerZ

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63