Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Kahuna
Kahuna
seemed t'do it quite right! smile

thanks, qasic.

Sponsored Links
hwo do i have table borders? great hack btw qasic.

Thanks qasic for this wonderful hack. I got it to work with no problem.

One questions. What do I need to change if I want to use the SSI and I want the list to be seperated by line breaks instead of by commas? Basically, 1 member per line.

Thanks

I don't get it. I installed everything. It said that it worked and nothing has changed on my board. Yes I cleared the cache.

http://shrug73.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

nevermind, got it working.

Sponsored Links
Ack, now I finally had a problem. In my Forums, the WOL Table I have set before the Topics, as hacked in accordance with public_forum.pl, doesn't show up O_O I rehakced and nothing. -_-

qasic

I have discovered something. I dont know if its a bug, but:

The who's online does not show up if you view the fourums by category, like this;
V6 Modifications

What can be done to make it show up here too?

Or to put it correctly, the FRAME does show up, but not the whos online content.

After implementing the ubbdev style from the styleguide, the problem is no longer there.
It seems that it only appear in the orginal installation.

Well, problem solved for me, as I chose to use the styleguide thingy laugh

[ July 12, 2001 02:18 AM: Message edited by: gaulalauk ]

Developer
Developer
Hiya,

That feature was removed a while back smile However it will be back in WOL 4.1.0 when UBB 6.1.0 is released.

qasic

Veteran
Veteran
I use whos online SSI (the include version) and administrator ALWAYS appears as guest (all other people and moderators appear normally.

Is this a known bug or is it due to my server ?

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
[ July 12, 2001 02:38 PM: Message edited by: M-War4590 ]

Sponsored Links
WOL works fine on my board. tipsy

What are the up coming features in WOL 4.1.0?

Qasic,

Please include an 'OFFICIAL' privacy policy on your site, you can get one from Microsoft. You're not legally allowed to collect personal details without one, all websites should have the same by now.

Please do this as no matter what you say, I do have concern for the details you're holding on me. Thanks Q.

Wonderful piece of coding this! Very nice work, our forum members are reveling in the ability to spy on one another. laugh

A question if I may? I tried searching, but had no success in finding whether this has been previously asked/answered, so here goes...

Is there a way for an admin to login, and be invisible to *everyone* (including other admins)? I fear I have shot myself in the foot by implementing this hack, because now I cannot browse the boards without getting hammered with messages from other admins... "I know you're there, I can hear you breathing..." "Why are you hiding?" "Did you get my email?" "Are you avoiding me?" "I know you read this thread, what are your thoughts..." :rolleyes:

AUGHHHHH!!

Help? smile

Developer
Developer
quote:
Chuck, are you talking about yourself? Have you selected Include Yourself in WOL Settings?

q

Developer
Developer
quote:
Why did you use MHK? Did the auto-install fail?

qasic

Developer
Developer
quote:
I'll get this up pronto. I'm a privacy freak too so I should have had one.

Update @ 3:14 PM PST: There is now a privacy policy on my website. Please LMK if you have any problems with it or any questions.

qasic

[ July 12, 2001 05:08 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]

no sorry its not that the auto install failed...i didnt get it the multi hack file is downloadable with out permission and i dont have access to members area any more so i cant log in

Developer
Developer
I do not provide support for that version at all. You're on your own.

qasic

its fine i figured it out....my dumb Oa$$is forgot to clear the cache

I finally got around to upgrading to 4.0. I have noticed something that I'm not sure is normal, this also happend on 3.8q. When I enter one of my forums, the Whose Online List will not appear until I refresh or reenter the page. Is this normal? I'm running UBB 6.04e. My UBB is located at http://www.starfleetplatoon.com/BB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

I should also point out that I can't see my self when I enter the Whos Online Summery Display Page.

[ July 12, 2001 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Sonic ]

{SFP} Sonic
Expecting the Unexpected!
Developer
Developer
Sonic,

What you are experiencing is defintely NOT normal. I recommend you go over the README with a fine comb tooth and see if any lines in there are missing from your UBB installation.

qasic

I just relized that the entire WOL Page doesn't work. Any Ideals that would narrow down my search through my UBB stuff? This was an Upgrade.

{SFP} Sonic
I think I cought it finally. It was an old version of WOL's code in the ultimatebb.cgi that was messing me up. I think it's working ok now.

[ July 12, 2001 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Sonic ]

{SFP} Sonic
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Qasic
I have just noticed something I just need you to verifi it for me
I cant see any of the other machines on my Intranet. Would that be because they all log the router IP. Its like none of my boxes exsist. does whos online use the IPs or the public display names or both?
I hope thats all it is its late now and no one is on my board so Im not certain if anything went wrong..

MY BOARD

Veteran
Veteran
quote:
Yes, include yourself is checked in settings. WOL works perfectly on the forum, it's just with SSI that I seem to be having a problem. Is anyone having the same problem ?

Developer
Developer
speed: Yes, being routed through the router is the main problem. The dirty fix around which will mess with some numbers of the Who's Online table is to remove the grep IP line from ubb_whos_online.cgi.

Chuck: I'll look into your problem and see if I can duplicate it myself.

qasic

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Qasic
Thanks Ill just leave it as long as it only affects my Intranet and not my Internet

Developer
Developer
ZIP file has been updated with a few changes to the installer to address issues raised in this thread: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=19&t=001462 .. Please report any problems you have with it here.

If you already have WOL 4.0.0 on your site, do NOT re-download this ZIP file; there are no changes whatsoever in the UBB files.

qasic

Developer
Developer
Chuck: I've only experienced that problem when an Administrator is logged on in invisible mode. Are you an admin logged in invisible mode by any chance when you're visiting the SSI?

In fact, the problem even occurs with regular users logged in invisible mode too! This leads me to believe that the designed behaviour is that ANY invisible users are hidden in the SSI listing.

qasic

[ July 13, 2001 11:50 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]

Veteran
Veteran
I logged out and in again making sure invisible mode was off (it's off in control panel anyway)

[EDIT]Tried to switch invisible on in CP but it doesn't make any difference[/EDIT]

still get the error. Could it come from the fact that I use the include SSI instead of exec ?

[EDIT2] When I run ssi directly from adress bar it works (ubb=whos_online_ssi) but when I include this same page in a webpage I get guest ...[/EDIT2]

[EDIT3] Ok I asked a normal user to tell me what he saw and he sees himself as guest, it seems that as soon as you go from board to the webpage with SSI you become guest when normally you should not logged out of WOS before 10 min [/EDIT3]

[ July 14, 2001 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Chuck ]

quote:
??? soz for being impatient but i figure u missed this post.

I would prefer an option to install everything manually. Somehow, using the auto-installer, I've managed to annihilate my boards. I get Internal Server Errors every time I attempt to go back to the control panel. At least ultimatebb.cgi still displays the "forum down" message. The new Template files were never created. Overall, this has been the most catastrophic installation of any UBB mod to date. Sorry, but my board is pretty messed up right now and I can't even figure out what to do about it.

I have:

* Attempted to run the auto-installer. It failed.
* I hacked all of the files according to the instructions.
* I uploaded and CHMODded them.
* I ran the auto-installer for Templates.
* It installed ubb_whos_online.cgi, vars_whos_online.cgi, and cp_whos_online.cgi, but nothing else.

BTW, the installer told me the following:

Unpacking cp_vars_whos_online.pl ...Done
Installing cp_vars_whos_online.pl ...Done.

Unpacking ubb_whos_online.cgi ...Done
Installing ubb_whos_online.cgi ...Done.

Unpacking cp_whos_online.cgi ...Done
Installing cp_whos_online.cgi ...Done.

Unpacking Who's Online Variables ...Done
Installing Who's Online Variables ...Done.
Result: Install Complete. Thank you for installing/upgarding Who's Online! Head to your UBB's control panel to set your Who's Online Settings and to clear your cache to finalize your installation of Who's Online!

WOL's Backed up files are available on the server in this directory: /usr/sites/feedback.blackisle.com/cgi-bin/WOLBackup.

For security reasons, this install script has already been deleted by the server.

For the life of me, I cannot find cp_vars_whos_online.pl anywhere on the server. It's certainly not in the Templates folder.

BTW, my boards are at http://feedback.blackisle.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

EDIT: cp_vars_whos_online.pl is now in my Templates folder. Despite refreshing the directory repeatedly, it never appeared. However, after disconnecting and reconnecting to the server, it's there now. I still am getting ISEs when I try to go to the control panel.

[ July 14, 2001 05:10 PM: Message edited by: pet cobra ]

Developer
Developer
pet cobra: try CHMODDING 755 your UBB CGI dir, 755 cp.cgi and 755 ultimatebb.cgi and see if that fixes your problem. If that doesn't, I suspect you have hacked your files incorrectly and thus re-hack from known good backups.

qasic

[ July 14, 2001 06:55 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]

Thanks for the help, but it didn't change anything. I'm still getting the same ISE. If I go to ultimatebb.cgi, it gives the "message board down" message, but if I try to go to cp.cgi, I get the ISE. I don't think I did anything differently.

Developer
Developer
What happens when you reload the original cp.cgi?

qasic

Nothing happens. I re-uploaded backups of every original .cgi and Template file beginning with cp_ and it still doesn't work at all.

This is a nightmare. I've re-uploaded backup versions of every .cgi file and Template file. Nothing works now. Everything is giving me Internal Server Errors. My board has 8,500 active users and they've been using the boards for months. Now, they're ruined. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I've tried CHMODing every directory to different settings, different files to different settings... it's just completely jacked.

[ July 14, 2001 07:35 PM: Message edited by: pet cobra ]

Developer
Developer
Time for me to look @ the server. May I get FTP access? AIM/ICQ me.

qasic

Developer
Developer
Chuck

What's the URL to a page with the SSI? I'll like to take a look myself.

Try this. First of all, go into your Control Panel and disable invisible mode. For your SSI, select List Mode. Save your Who's Online Settings. Then download ubb_whos_online.cgi from your UBB CGI directory. Find:

quote:
Add below:

quote:
Save and re-upload.

qasic

[ July 14, 2001 08:16 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]

Well, my boards are operational again thanks to qasic. I'm going to try to install Who's Online again tonight and see if I run into similar problems.

Thanks again to qasic for providing assistance that I can't repay him for.

Qasic, I've noticed a slight bug happening on my Private Forum. I haven't noticed this on any of my other Forums yet but heres the problem. I login and I'm the only user currently at the board, hence "Hell Sonic, there is currently 1 Member Browsing the Boards". Well I go into my Private forum and under Users Online: This Forum Only!, I don't see my self, but I see another user. So I check the WOL page, and it still says I'm the only one. This can be fixed by either Clearing the Cache or Posting a Topic of Reply. Any Ideals? Thanks for you help, I love this hack!

{SFP} Sonic
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63