Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
mod_wordlets_install.cgi requires that you have UBB v6.1. Shouldn't this be moved to the 6.1 hacks section if that is the case?

Sponsored Links
quote:
XPerT,

Already tried your forum, it's registration only again. Need one that allows un-registered members to post.

i think i got a lil prob here with the hack.....i installed it all right but when i went to reply to a topic to test it this is what i get

Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::SM_smilie called at /home/szlegacy/public_html/ac/ubb/Templates/public_new_reply_form.pl line 7.

any idea whats wrong i really would like some help thanks in advance smile

Developer
Developer
Zip fixed and updated. I think my mind was just friend by the heat around here. Have no idea why I included a 6.1 based wordlet system for a 6.0 based mod. Ah well, its fixed now and the universe is appeased.... for now.

Thanx rinkrat for pointing that out or I wouldn't have known.

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: DPK ]

Having a problem getting the d/l for this mod. I'd love to give it a shot, anyone have it mirrored to a diff host?

Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
http://dpk.b000.net/?action=get_download&download=smiliemod_1.1.zip

That won't work? You can also just goto dpk.b000.net and click the download link for the mod.

* scratches head and says 'it works for me' *

screwy internet... didn't work at home last night, at work it came in like lightning..

Well, either way, I was able to install it w/o a hitch, very nice, just what I was looking for.

Thanks anyhow, and gl

-Kosi

Edit: Corrected my problems by completing the mods wordlets install (my goof) :rolleyes:

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: ericruhl ]

seems to be down man ... anywhere else i could grab it ???

Developer
Developer
There might be another database somewhere that has it for download, but as far as I know there isnt. I dont publically distribute my mods to other sites.

My downloads were pulled by my host due to an issue with infopop that is currently being discussed. Hopefully I will have an answer to it sometime today and I can get the files back up. Until then just wait I guess. I am sorry for any problems I caused.

Sponsored Links
man , i downloaded the updated zip , i still get the 6.1 wordlet installation system , ????

The link to the zip file does work,and it doesn't.If you are using something like download accelerator it won't get it,you will probably have to bypass it by pressing 'ALT' and clicking the link.

Developer
Developer
quote:
The logical reason is that when my host deleted my site about a week or so ago, they deleted the zip. Now, when I reuploaded my site I uploaded the old zip. I apologize. It is fixed.... again.

Hi Guyz!!

I've installed smilie mod v1.0 and avatar hack 0.00007e and recently having a small problem with smilies showing up in quotes.For eg: is being shown rather than the picture itself.

(Ok..i solved the problem by enabling HTML in the forum settings in control panel.
However, is there anyway i could disable html and yet have the picture over there using ubb codes? i.e when members press quote, ubb code would be chosen instead of a html link)

I was hoping someone would know and help me get around it..

Thanks a lot!! smile

Boss_Hugo
Unimatters.com
Forums
ubb 6.05

(p.s: juz realised that this has nothing to do with the mods i've installed..datz why i'm editing the post..would hv deleted it if i could.
sorrie!!)

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Boss_Hugo ]

Well hack is working great got tons of smilies now BUT.. i am missing the Instant UBB code buttons below the topic window not sure why as i did install the hack from the readme titled "smiliemod_ubbcodebuttons_install" and to go even further it has this warning inside readme at the top
Code
code:
i have allready searched this topic for an answer yet every time this problem is brought up its just thrown aside by someone stateing "read the manual" or something so if there is any help to this problem i have reinstalled twice now and just getting worn on it here is what the new reply, new topic, and edit post templates look like as of right now go have a look i am clueless HERE IS LINK thanx. smile

does anyone know how to organize the smilies alphabetically after uploading a few batches?

The same "dissappearing ubb code buttons" thing happened to me too, please help!
thanks!

Developer
Developer
Fonz: the quickest way to make them all sorted by a->z would be to in the cp remove all the smilies and then reload them all. They will be sorted.

Developer
Developer
inkfreak & bloggerman: you installed smiliemod using the wrong file. there is a mod called UBBCodebuttons. the ubbcodebuttons install file is for boards that have that mod installed. this is the reason that your buttons have vanished.

oh shoot... how can I get them back?

please?

Woa, the redesign is sweet

The same "dissappearing ubb code buttons" thing happened to me too, please help!
thanks!

Developer
Developer
ok oke

if you installed the mod wrong and have now lost your instant ubb code buttons, open up public_common.pl and find:

sub SM_instant { # code in here # }

...block of code. Now open up smiliemod_install.txt and find the block of code:

sub SM_instant { # code in here # }

...and insert it where your old SM_instant block of code was in public_common.pl. This should fix the problem you are having. I think.

Ah, it worked! Except, I think the sections for that portion of the code got switched around! wink

[ 12-22-2001 09:57 PM: Message edited by: BloggerMan ]

OMG! This mod went south and now I can't pull the board up!!

Board URL: http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I'm just sick about this!
I told a friend I'd install the SmilieMod v1.1 for UbbCodebuttons for him. I'd redone his whole site, so I already had access. Anyway, I downloaded the pertinent files (all of this is via FTP) - backed them up - made the mods to copies of the files - uploaded the modified files - double checked the CHMOD's - board bonked out - and I uploaded the backup files - now I can't get into the board, can't log into cp.cgi ==> Nothing.

Please, please, please help me!!

[ 12-24-2001 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Tiger Lily ]

CHMOD .cgi files 755
CHMOD vars.cgi files to 777

That should fix your problem with the backup .

OBRIGADO

hi this is a great hack, but im having a little prob. everything goes great with the hack i have the options in the cp to upload new smiles what smiles i have in the folder and i can see them, but when i go to the board andf post neither the link or the drop down menu is there the origional smiles are still there but nothing else. im running xp is there an issue that i can't see .

Have you added the smilies in the CP? Double check you have.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Forum Statistics
Forums63