Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Adv. Server

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
hmmm ....

I get a strange bug, when he checks for validity of a hack (search for some code and needs to add a line afterwards) he gives me a red cross but if I use a texteditor I find the EXACT text he was supposed to find

any idea ?

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
chuck reinstall multihack
only this way can you eliminate the problem

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Chuck,

Actually that is usually due to what you think is an exact match, not being one.

For instance, tabs instead of spaces. Or an extra space at the end of a line, or a carriage return when there isn't one in the actual file. MultiHack searches for an EXACT match other than case. I honestly haven't seen yet where one of the above(or something like it) was not the actual problem.

MCSEguide, I'll get back to ya tommorow. My air conditioning died today and well, almost 600 bucks, several hours and it is now fixed... anyway, I'm going to bed. But I can test on that platform so I'll let ya know what happens.

Using win98 and also getting an error during the last percent of the installation-progress:

'an error occured while registering the file c:windowssystemmsjro.dll'

what to do?
best regards from sunny munich/germany,
chris

Sponsored Links
technoforum you have already this dll and any program use it close all program before install multihack

Quick question...when configuring, are you supposed to specify absolute paths for remote locations, or are those to remain relative paths?

2topiland, just downloaded the 7,6mbyte microsoft-file as read @ the multihack-support-board and now it works quite fine - as soon as i do know if i can overwrite my hacked 6.01 files with the 6.05 from the zip-package we're gonna test multihack to install a bunch of 'important' hacks... thanks!
chris

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Foncé Chevalier: Use the relative path, starting from your "root" login as a user. Basically from your starting directory from when you login.

technoforum.de: Glad it works for ya now. Let me know if you need anything.

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
MCSEguide & anyone else with Win2k MultiHack problems.

I installed Multihack 1.5.1, the exact version up for download on the web site on a Win2k Adv. Server machine. This machine is really generic with only a few 3'rd party apps installed.

MultiHack installed and ran perfectly. I am unsure as to what may be causing the problems that you are encountering. I will see what else I can come up with, but as of right now I have no idea.

Sponsored Links
quote:
You need to update your system before running the setup. There's a link to microsoft's web site in the Multihack.doc. Follow it and update your system. It helped me.

Thanks for trying Troy. It really is strange because when I analyze it comes back saying everything passed. Multihack doesn't write to any log files, does it?

Got it. It works now. Thanks!

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
MCSEguide: No it doesn't. This only happens when you try to install? It sounds like a bad/missing/invalid version of an OCX or something... I'll run some traces on the install and see what OCXs it hits and try to narrow it down.

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
MultiHack 1.5.2 Update Released

This is only a bug fix. It corrects a problem with any hacks that use the "Other" selection for mods file location or support file locations. All prior hacks are still compatible. However any hacks created using the "Other" settings must have this version or higher.

I am having some trouble with multihack too. I was trying to start up a dummy board so that I can test out the hacks first and then just copy the files over to my real board...but whenever I try to hack something it gives me a lot of red x's. This is onto a fresh ubb6.05 install. No files have been tampered with at all? Can anyone help?

Here are two links to pics that you can see what I mean...Thanks!!!

Error Pic
Config Pic

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
tw122: I replied to your message on my forums already. Please see there. =)

Well Done! Anyways, i was bored and wanted to install DPK's Memberlist so i made an MHK file for it.. you can get it here Memberlist 6.3.8 i hope you dont mind me posting this.. anyways i'll be converting alot of hacks in MHK format cause i have nothing else to do tipsy

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Sounds great to me. =) I already did Jordo's Calendar hack. I need to put it up though. The more MHX/P files the better. smile Thanks for the help!

Thanks Troy! I guess the files were modified somehow because when I did what you asked(started a fresh 6.05) it worked out fine. I did need to install the hacks in a particular order though...mod_wordlets, avatar, custom rank(jimbo), then who's online. For some reason, who's online seemed to mess up the way files were looking. Thanks again!! smile

I hate people like you troy, Who are so good at everydamn thing. Makes lifesaveing programs, Makes website layouts that kick ass, make images that kick ass, Ohh, Im gonna kick your ass! wink

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
tw1112: I thought that was the reason. smile Glad it is all working for you now. There will always be some problems with specific hacks having to be installed in order, etc... I am working on a way to at the least help minimize the problem though. I won't ever be able to fix it I don't think, but I can help it.

NitrusDesigns: I can only take credit for the program. smile The graphics and website design were done by OpalCat(Sig is on the bottom of the site, click for link).

I honestly suck at graphics and webdesign, which is why thankfully someone(OpalCat) helped me out and at least put a pretty face for everyone to see. heh

So don't worry, I suck at the same amount of things as the next person, I just try to make it look like I know what the hell I am doing. hehe wink

i'm not sure if its a bug or not.. but when i add support files and click on Cancel it still gets added.. confused is it suppose to be like that?

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
ruph: You found a bug. =) No, cancel is supposed to cancel. heh Thanks much!

did you squash it? and what does the "Other" feature do exactly? i havent used it yet..

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Yeah, it is fixed. Hasn't warrented a .3 verison release yet though.

The "Other" feature is basically for those hacks that have "Other" folders/paths that their hacks look for files in. The best example of this is the Calendar Hack. There are files that need to be moved into the "calendar" folder, etc...

im new to this so i will check it out

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63