Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Content Queen
Content Queen
I was able to install the Authority List w/out too many problems (most of them were created my moi tipsy )--I even created a Multihack file as I went along doing the manual hacking.

Installed it w/the Multihack.

Sweet! laugh

I then tried to tackle the Mega Mod, and I encountered an error ... I don't know if it was my hacking or the hack itself. My brain was too fried to check it out.

This is what the error said:
quote:
An error has occured:
/home/adwoff/ubb-test/cgi/ubb_forum_summary.cgi: Missing right bracket at /home/adwoff/ubb-test/cgi/ubb_forum_summary.cgi line 703, at end of linesyntax error at /home/adwoff/ubb-test/cgi/ubb_forum_summary.cgi line 703, at EOF

I also am confused. I was thinking the Mega Mod hack was the "8 Mods to a Forum" hack. I was wrong. laugh

What exactly does the MM hack do? I'll try to debug what I did if I know exactly why I'm installing it! laugh

So ... is there an "8 Mods to the Forum" hack designed for the UBB 6.2+ series?

Sue
adwoff.com
Sponsored Links
quote:
Originally posted by ADWOFF:

What exactly does the MM hack do? I'll try to debug what I did if I know exactly why I'm installing it! laugh

So ... is there an "8 Mods to the Forum" hack designed for the UBB 6.2+ series?

ADWOFF, go here to get to page 2 of the 6.2 hacks, there is a bug with 6.2.2 that prevents it from being displayed, the 8 moderators is there. Mega mod Creates a new status like an administrator to the boards, but limited access to control panel, if desired, in other words, moderators can be made jr admins. I also have a multihack that does 16 moderators per forum if you want that.

Content Queen
Content Queen
Thanks, Mr. SN ... I think I'll wait for the MegaMods' hack until the UBB is released and that one file is included.

Clankiller directed me to the 8 Mod hack ... if I would use your Multihack to install the 16, what would it do to my presently installed Authority List?

Sue
adwoff.com
ADWOFF, I think you are confusing these three hacks.

Megamod makes moderators have more power.

Authority list just shows who is moderators and admins and I think it shows who is megamods too, but not sure on that one.

8 moderators or 16 moderators will not affect authority list in any way. How many moderators per forum do you want, if 8 is enough stick with the 8, if you want more I have the 16 thing.

correctie: (this is dutch tipsy )

megamod adds a NEW 'rank' to you UBB. An megamoderator has more permission than a moderator but less then an admin.

Sponsored Links
http://www.ps2gaming.net/

it is possible...keep the hope alive laugh

quote:
Originally posted by lauren:

megamod adds a NEW 'rank' to you UBB. An megamoderator has more permission than a moderator but less then an admin.

To be more specific, they can mod all forums and have the same CP power as a moderator. I'm glad that forum you posted has the MegaMod addon working. Unless they changed any mistakes I may have made.

Lord Dexter

i had a few probs puting in your megamodaddon but i got it all worked out now and working.

Have a look

your txt had a few probs with it so i updated it
you can add it to your zip so it don't happen to outhers.

megamodaddon.txt

Thank you ClanKiller! laugh
I will update the zip tomorrow. wink

EDIT-Zip Updated.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Final version: https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000023

Topic closed smile

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63