Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
this might sound like a real dumb question but where do u look to find the link for applicants to fill this out if u are not using the ssi method.

Sponsored Links
Just create a link on your main page which looks something like this:

http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=agreeapplication

I am having the same problem as someone mentioned before.

An error has occured:

/*****/*****/*****/html/forums/cgi-bin/vars_appform_template_worksheet.cgi: syntax error at (eval 11) line 32, at EOF

I've rehacked the files 5 different times now and tried all the different version 2.0 2.01 2.02 and 2.03 and they all have the same error, any help please?

thanks corona works fine smile

Hello Bond, that problem is occuring on some Unix Webservers. I don't know what the problem is -- and can't really solve it until i get a copy of the application forms up and running on a unix box.

Sponsored Links
ah ok, glad to know that it isnt just me then who is having the prob, lol, well it isnt causing me any problems leaving the hack installed in the board, so i shall stay in. I can wait until you get any more info on the unix situation

Corona,

For the color problem.

You are using

$AltColumColor1

Use this

$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}

It fixed it on my board.

Version 2.0.4 Released!

The only update in this release from 2.0.3 is a repair to fix the colors not matching the style template settings. If upgrading from 2.0.3 rehack public_common.pl (only the first addition to public_common.pl needs to be hacked in -- everything else is the same). Nothing else has been changed from version 2.0.3 to 2.0.4.

I recieved a few emails about this problem, and a few questions as well. To answer the question of why the Application forms are using $AltColumnColor1 instead of the default UBB usage of $vars_style{AltColumnColor1} the reason is this --> Application forms can display graphics in the column table cells. To display a column graphic in the application forms, in vars_style_x.cgi add a line which is similar to this:

'AltColumnGraphic1' => 'imagename.jpg',

The graphic needs to be placed into the ubb directory, and imagename.jpg changed to the name of your image. Adding graphics to columns is completely optional, and i don't recomend to use it. However, if you desire to show graphics in the application forms, toy around with this setting.

Corona, I edit the built in template (which is cool, cause this is for Everquest anyway) and try to save it.

I get the following error:

Test UBB Applicant Form Template Worksheet -- Warning! Warning! Warning!
This Template is in use by 2 application(s) and can not be saved or closed until all applications using the template are removed.
Template Save Halted!

This happens whether I choose to Save Worksheet as a Template or Save & Close Worksheet.

I deleted the vars_appform_template_worksheet.cgi file and it cleared the template, but this happens again after I try to modify the template.

When you sin, you don't fall FROM God's grace, you fall INTO it.

Bring In The Geek Consulting Services
I just deleted the vars_appform_template_1.cgi file and then tried again. It gave me the option to create a new blank template. When I did, I got the following error.

Alert! A Template is currently being used by 2 applicant(s)!
You will not be able to write a template from the worksheet with applicants present!
In order to Update or Close the Worksheet, delete all applicants!

Sponsored Links
Mrwebb,

Basically, this warning is telling you that you can't edit a template because the template is currently in use. This is not a bug -- it is intended behavoir to safegaurd against people changing the template and thus corrupting existing applications.

Sorry, with this release, you can not edit or change a template when it is being used.

in order to change your template without recieving the warning/alert messages, enter the forum which the applicant forms are installed to. You should find 2 applications in your forum. Find a submitted application, choose the edit application icon, check the 'delete application' checkbox and click submit.

Delete both applications that are currently in use, and you should then be given the ability to change the template around without recieving the Alert messages.

Version 2.0.5 Released!

This is a minor bug fix to repair ascii emails not being sent when using the messaging function, or when performing any other administrative actions (accept/refuse/decline/vote/invite/edit). Emails should now go out after applying this patch.

If upgrading from v2.0.4 -- replace ubb_applicants.cgi and cp_appform.cgi.

Thank you Dave for letting me know about this bug!

Can't open '/home/wewfhfc/public_html/cgi-bin/roleplay/vars_appform_template_worksheet.cgi'.

Permission was denied - please ask the administrator to check the permissions on that file/directory!

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Permission denied

I just installed to a unix box, set permissions based on UBB's install document as well as the Application Forms install document, and i did not experience the permission problem shown above. i can not even replicate this error unless i change permissions so the scripts can't access the files. Only suggestion i have -- check the permissions in the UBB install document as well as the permissions in the Application Form install document. More then likely, if your getting this error, the permissions on your site are incorrectly setup -- and access to private information on that site, can be obtained.

If someone is experiencing this problem, and knows thier site is setup with the correct permissions, and wishes to allow me access to the ftp site to look at the problem, please send an email to: [email protected] with access info.

If you are still experiencing this problem after checking all permissions, please post the version of Perl as well as the version of Apache you are using. You can check your version of perl and apache by running the ubb6_test.cgi script. I tested on Perl 5.006001, and Apache 1.3.23 (Unix).

sorry frown

Version 2.1.0 Released!

This version adds Wordlets to set the description of the Email Message Field, and fixes several indicators which were displaying required fields inappropriately.

To upgrade from v2.0.5, replace:
cp_vars_appform.pl
cp_appform.cgi
ubb_applicants.cgi

Enter the control panel, and Select Application Form Settings.

Blank values which need to be filled in will be found in several locations -- For the fields (Accept/Refuse/Vote/Decline and Invite) Email Message Field Wordlet fill the field with the following:

All contents of the Email Message field will be posted on the Applicants thread, as well as sent to the applicant via email. No other information will be sent and the author will remain anonymous to the applicant unless a name is added to the message field by you.

For the Message Email Message Field Wordlet, fill the field with the following:
All contents of the Email Message field will be posted on the Applicants thread, as well as sent to the applicant via email.

IMPORTANT: Your Email address will be used as a reply address.

And press submit.

Corona, is there any way to have more than one form at a time?

maybe have one template from for Forum 1 and another one for Forum 2?

quote:
Originally posted by mrwebb:
Corona, is there any way to have more than one form at a time?

maybe have one template from for Forum 1 and another one for Forum 2?

Not yet frown

Ok, ran into a snag trying to put this on UBB 6.3.

Can't find this section in the ultimatebb.cgi.

## Find:
$templatefile = $template_match{email};

## Add Under:
} elsif ($in{ubb} =~ m/^(agreeapplication|register_application_page|submit_registration_application|loginapplication)$/) {
$templatefile = $vars_appform{template};

quote:
Originally posted by Galactic:
Ok, ran into a snag trying to put this on UBB 6.3.

Can't find this section in the ultimatebb.cgi.

## Find:
$templatefile = $template_match{email};

## Add Under:
} elsif ($in{ubb} =~ m/^(agreeapplication|register_application_page|submit_registration_application|loginapplication)$/) {
$templatefile = $vars_appform{template};
Appforms V2.x do not work properly on ubb6.3. Im working on a version that is compatable with ubb6.3 at the present time. You can download Appforms V3.x for Ubb 6.3 here: Http://test.altereddestiny.net

I have tested it on one board so far -- and it seems to work. If you add it to your boards, please let me know of the results.

Corona,
Have you tried this on 6.3.1? I am tring to install your latest version on a fresh install of 6.1.3 and seem to be having trouble finding sections in
cp_common.pl
public_forum_page.pl
and a few others

Edit,
Ok I seem to have it working about 99% under 6.3.1 The only problem I am having atm is that the form will not pull from the proper display template. The forum colors are defaulting to the default ubb standard and it is making it very tough to see.

I went to the style templates and re associated everything per the instructions but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

quote:
Originally posted by Mashie:
Corona,
Have you tried this on 6.3.1? I am tring to install your latest version on a fresh install of 6.1.3 and seem to be having trouble finding sections in
cp_common.pl
public_forum_page.pl
and a few others

Edit,
Ok I seem to have it working about 99% under 6.3.1 The only problem I am having atm is that the form will not pull from the proper display template. The forum colors are defaulting to the default ubb standard and it is making it very tough to see.

I went to the style templates and re associated everything per the instructions but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
I haven't tested the Applicant Forms v3.1.0+ personally yet for 6.3.1. But, others are reporting that its working fine. The ubbdev thread for the Applicant forms hack which is built to operate on v6.3 is here: https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000042

About the appropriate template not being used (seems to default to the standard template used on all forums), it was indeed a bug, and has been repaired in v3.1.2.

Heres the current thread to the latest version of the Application Forms mod: (Sorry for missing the post here -- been active in the version specifically for 6.3x) https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000042

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63