Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This mod gives you the ability to edit User Login Name, User Password, Users email, Users Publically Displayed Name, Users Registration Date, Users Post Totals and see Moderators/Administrators passowrds from the CP.

Post totals is by ExtremeTim/LK, Registration Date is by tryx/Clankiller, See Moderator/Admin Passwords is by Gamer. If any of you have a problem with me including your hack info in this all in one hack let me know, I will remove it.

This is written so you can add each item idividually, so you can add what you want.

WARNING!!!! - Changing username, Publically Displayed Name and email address from the CP does not do any checks for duplicate names, It is up to you as an Administrator to use caution when using these. You must also rebuild member stat files to update the necessary support files for these changes. It does include warnings in the CP for these actions. Changing user login name is not recommended, and may cause ghost posts. It should be done only if the user has not posted and accidently misspells the desired username when registering.

Before you go spouting this is a security risk, and/or you don't like all admins being able to see passwords or edit this stuff, let me say this - IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DO NOT INSTALL IT! I am not twisting anyones arm to do this stuff. This code is presented as is, if you want ability for only some admins to be able to do it, then code it and send it to me and I'll update this, but don't ask me to write the code for that, cause I don't need that ability and will not do it.

Text Instructions

Note: multihack file does all modifications, so if you don't want some of these, do it by hand using the text file.
Multihack File

updated to add See Moderator/Admin Passwords, added multihack file

Sponsored Links
hi thx 4 this tutorial laugh

here you can add this:

open cp_users.cgi

FIND and Delte it:

[code][/code]then you can see admin passwords in the profile too wink

see ya

Borni2k

File updated to add See Moderator/Admin Passwords

Moderator / Kingpin
Moderator / Kingpin
Awesome! By any chance, is a multihack file available? smile

Multihack added

Sponsored Links
multihack link didnt work for me...

link for multihack and text work now... both of them didnt b4 smile

Sorry folks, site is experiencing some trouble this weekend, some folks are getting connected to a different server that has a week old data, My host moved me without my knowledge. Anything put on the server in the last week may not be accessible. I will update the new server with all my files once things are stable.

I would appriciate if you asked me first before including my hack in this.

Sorry eXtremeTim, I just included it as a all in one hack. I didn't change your hack, so I didn't see the harm. Besides, wasn't this LK's hack that you posted too? I gave you credit for it in the hack and on the post. I could see getting upset if I said it was mine. By the way, your link to the hack in the classic series was down. If you really have a hard spot with this let me know and I will remove it.

And for everyone elses info: My site problems from this weekend have been resolved temporarily, but I will be changing hosts next week due to the lack of service by the old one, I will post again when it will be down and update this when its back up again.

Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
It's a case of common courtesy of ask first, unless that person has been noticeably absent from UBBDev and an inquire via e-mail did not result in anything (case in point, my improvement's on Borg's WOL).

Nevertheless, I _seriously_ recommend that you do not alter anyone's login name. PDN is fine by login name IS NOT. Changing the login name can lead to ghost posts and strange oddities. Definetely not recommended.

qasic

I just included this in the case where someone registers and accidently misspells thier login name and emails you to ask you to fix it, You are right, changing the login name can lead to ghost post and should never be used for anyone that has made posts. I would recommend using this for any newly registered person only and only if they don't have any posts as of yet or you delete all post for this member number prior to making the change.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
1. Even though I also made it, I agree with eXtremeTim.

2. I think it should have 1 instruction, instead of seperate hacks in one file.

3. I think you should add a note (even use font color="red") not to change the login name just for the fun.

4. I DISAGREE WITH SEEING OR MODIFYING MODERATOR OR ADMINISTRATOR USER/PASS. (sorry for the caps wink )

5. I disagree with password modification from the CP.

Sorry guys, I really didn't mean to step on anybodies toes. My comment above about it being LK's also is just saying that more than one person has posted this hack, I gave credit to both of you and I did not change it in any way, just included it in my post by reposting it, so again, I'm sorry I didn't say "mother may I" first.

I made it seperate instructions so people could add only the parts they wanted. That way if they agree with you LK that passwords for admins/moderators should not be viewable or passwords should not be changable, then they don't have to add that part. If I put them all together someone would complain that they only want parts of it. It's so dang hard pleasing everybody these days smile .

LK, I changed all warnings to use red font color and changed user Login Name modification to say:

Please note, Changing this does NOT Check for duplicate Login Name.
Changing user Login Name is not recommended, and may cause ghost posts. It should be done only if the user has not posted and accidently misspells the desired Login Name when registering.

I don't mind i would just like if you asked me first next time thats all. smile

quote:
Originally posted by eXtremeTim:
I would appriciate if you asked me first before including my hack in this.

The same way you ask to change/alter other peoples hacks then release them? :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say "thanks" for this mod, and for the way you posted it. I just wanted the ability to edit the Public Name from the CP so I wouldn't have to be so intrusive as to log in as that user to make the change.

will this work with 6.3?
the multihack gives me an error

how can i make this work on 6.3 please

does anyone have a solution for this?

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Hard:
The same way you ask to change/alter other peoples hacks then release them? :rolleyes:

Where's the complaint from the owner? tipsy

I'm quite a n00b when it comes to PHP and forum tweaking, but i am having some probs.
I was reading your Instructions MrStormyNights, when i got stuck. I cant seem to find my "cp_edit_profile.pl" file. Can someone help me?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63