Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Cool code... I had been looking for how to do this for quite some time. It takes a long time to cut and paste all the appropriate code into the existing code....but was worth it...

I would suggest that the docs for the changes be re-written (sorted) to list all the CGI's in alphabetical order first for the code changes and then all the noncgi directory files...again in alphabetical order.... for the templates etc... the current method was tedious due to having to go back and forth between the cgi and noncgi directory. I was most of the way through when I realized how it was going back and forth so often...

Also as a "new feature" in it... I'd like to see a way to add "Holidays" to it that do not show as an event...I assume that would be Calendar 3.0 wink

Anyway.. finally... I know there's been some talk about the cgi exec thing not working for some as well as the include not working. I suspect this is due to people running on IIS w/ ASP pages instead of html/shtml/etc pages. If this is the case I offer the following suggestion:

Create a file called smallcal.asp (or other name and different cgi for the plain text output as indicated in instructions) and insert a

in your asp page where you'd like to insert it...

In smallcal.asp:
[code][/code]I am unsure of how this works for older IIS but I am using it on a Win2k Server w/ IIS 5.0 and it works fine. This obviously shows the small calendar but could be used for the plain text output as well. Technically this will pipe anything cgi into a ASP page that displays by itself... the <%=shtml%> is the same as a "Response.write shtml" fyi.. if you wish to do processing to the shtml string you would do it prior to the <%=shtml%> for example searching and replacing a particular color value in case you wish for say the event days to be a different color then what is standard in your forums already for colors but to leave the full sized calendar the same...etc...

you can see it running on my website at

http://www.littlefishtank.com

Unfortunately my site has alot of live generated content from various places so speed is not so great all the time... but the process normally is rather quick so do not be concerned that it will significantly adding this one thing to your website...

Sponsored Links
LK - nice hack. This is my first time installing it. I have noticed a problem, and the server here seems to be running slow today, so I haven't read through ALL of the posts on this thread.

First, I noticed that existing users' birthdays are not added into the calendar until they edit, or submit, their profiles after the hack.

Second, because of the first problem, I was asking some users for their birthdays and entering them myself through the CP. Sounded like it would work, but everyone I did added an entry "admin's birthday" to the calendar on the appropriate day. When I went into their profiles through the board, logging in as them, and re-submitted their profile it added the correct name in the calendar, but kept the "admin's birthday" as well.

Is this a known problem? What's the fix?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
1) it has to be like that tipsy

2) that's a bug tipsy try to rehack cp_users.cgi now?

cp_users.cgi has the problem? What can I do to fix the bug?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Rehack from the updated instructions (re-download the zip file)? tipsy

Sponsored Links
It seems to not have fixed the bug. Should the re-hack have removed the duplicate birthday's?

I tested it by going to the cp again, opening a user's profile, and submitting changes. After visiting the calendar month of the birthday I found that the old "admin's birthday" was still there and there is a new one now called "'s birthday." Did I do something wrong?

p.s. Thanks for the earlier clarification LK.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I didn't test it, but... hmm... I tested it now and it worked tipsy

Please open a support ticket wink

[edit: oh, and if you didn't understand, I mean that you should gimme your ICQ number tipsy (or aim, msn, yahoo!)]

It works great now. I have a new, more challenging, question for you now.

Is it possible to connect this calendar to an Exchange Server calendar?

Hey Guys... i was wondering if anyone knew how to add a icon to the calender table on the main intro page much thanks

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63