Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Is it right, that a folder "lock" is generated in the cache folder by this hack? Is it possible to not generate this folder? It slows down my board massively. Whenever I delete this folder, all goes up with full speed again.

Sponsored Links
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
In case anyone's interested this seems to work fine on 6.2.0 laugh

It is not working fine on my 6.2. It is not picking up the new posts. I have to run let_reset.cgi to get it to pick them up.

I am using it on IIS5 with the Debug Zone turned one and Cache enabled.

SirGrandel, Casper and all,

Latest Threads updates and support is currently halted. Our membership with Infopop has expired and our company hasn't decided if we will continue using UBB.

Last version I was able to get from Infopop was 6.1.0.3.

At this point in time I am unable to do any future testing on the current releases from UBB 6.1.0.4 and above.

If we decide not to continue with UBB then any future support for Latest Threads will be finished. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks
Casual

Please dont stop here...

the script works allmost on 6,2 only it makes a bug so that useres cant edit or delete own messages in the forums used by latest threads..

Please help me vith that bug ;O)

thomas

Version 1.1 works fine with the 6.2.1 Beta.

Or appears to at least tipsy
http://www.ufcw.net/

Sponsored Links
jlb Offline
Another vote in favor of continued Latest Threads development... smile

-jlb

I'm using 1.2.7.1, not the newest version

I noticed that the latest thread still shows the message if I deleted a topic.

Just wonder if this is fixed in the newest version...coz I dunno what "minor bug fixed" means laugh

BT Offline
quote:
Originally posted by Kordegnen:
Please dont stop here...

the script works allmost on 6,2 only it makes a bug so that useres cant edit or delete own messages in the forums used by latest threads..

Please help me vith that bug ;O)

thomas

That bug may be related to another hack?

I use it with 6.2.1 and people can edit their posts without problem!

I too would love to see development continue, though it does pretty much what I want it to do anyway.

As it works with 6.2 maybe a new thread should be started in the 6.2 beta forum?

Hi, I tried to install the hack but it is not working for me.

I changed the needed files and uploaded the .cgi
stuff to the /cgi-bin/ubb dir. Afterwards I chmoded the files to 755 like in the manual but if
I now try to run lt.cgi for testing I am getting a 500 error.

http://www.clanforums.com/cgi-bin/ubb/lt.cgi

I tried to run it manually with 'perl lt.cgi' and this is bringing me an output but only one forum posting ... frown

Can someone please help?

Hello? No one here who can check?

[ 03-14-2002, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: [UCE]iCEMAN ]

I've tested this hack in ubb 6.3 beta and it works just once. After the refresh it returns a software error. This error has something to do with the cachefile. After deleting the last_reply cache file, it works but just once and after refresh....software error. frown
It's a small adjustment to the code i guess to let this work good. Someone?

Sponsored Links
Hi all, i´m trying to download the hack but i´m asked for an username/password from this link:

http://profusion.iwarp.com/latest_threadsv1.2.7.zip

Does anyone what´s the user/pass to get this file? or Is there a mirror somewhere?

Thanks in advance...

I think, you should post this at the 6.2-forum. maybe noone is reading here. I Mean: this with UBB 6.3.0

Thanks SirGrendel, let me try there.

Jesus

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Hi all, i´m trying to download the hack but i´m asked for an username/password from this link:

http://profusion.iwarp.com/latest_threadsv1.2.7.zip

Does anyone what´s the user/pass to get this file? or Is there a mirror somewhere?

Thanks in advance...

Don't try and download the file directly with the link above, it won't work. Instead go to http://profusion.iwarp.com first then click on the link provided.

-------

Also, just want to let everyone know that I will continue updating Latest Threads soon. I've convinced my company to stay with UBB and we should be getting a new UBB member subscription soon. Looking forward to continue the project.

Thanks wink

DjCasual

Hi djcasual thanks for your answer and for the hack, particular i think this its a most have for the UBB.

But, i still cant´t download the file, when i click on the link, i´m requested for an Authentication (username and password). Do you know that or can you send me the hack by mail?

Congratulations for convince at your company to still use the UBB, the 1st and best forum system on the net wink

Jesus

DjCasual:
That's good news! I'm using this as a major part of a site, to automatically update latest news.

I've noticed an ongoing issue that I haven't been able to track down. On a regular basis, but at indetermined periods, I lose the latest threads from my SSI page. Once every few weeks... boom: no news.

Nothing has changed on the UBB side, and the only way to get the LT back is to update the topics so they get a new date.

Here's the page:
www.skusaonline.com

Note that the "Latest Regional News" is blank, event though there are recent topics. There's also only one topic showing in the main "Latest News" section, when there are many more topics to show ($page_limit set at 4 topics).

Any idea what's causing this? Is there a place in the script where a "time range to display" is defined?

Thanks,
Greg Stasko
GGR Design
SKUSA Online

PS- Since this is a news system with low traffic, I am not using caching, if that affects anything.

quote:
Originally posted by djcasual:
Also, just want to let everyone know that I will continue updating Latest Threads soon. I've convinced my company to stay with UBB and we should be getting a new UBB member subscription soon. Looking forward to continue the project.
Thanks wink
DjCasual

quote:
Originally posted by GetAGrip:

I've noticed an ongoing issue that I haven't been able to track down. On a regular basis, but at indetermined periods, I lose the latest threads from my SSI page. Once every few weeks... boom: no news.

Nothing has changed on the UBB side, and the only way to get the LT back is to update the topics so they get a new date.

Here's the page:
www.skusaonline.com

Note that the "Latest Regional News" is blank, event though there are recent topics. There's also only one topic showing in the main "Latest News" section, when there are many more topics to show ($page_limit set at 4 topics).

Any idea what's causing this? Is there a place in the script where a "time range to display" is defined?

I seem to be having this problem also, seems like things have changed in version 6.1.4 and above. I'll be working on a fix for this but will need to do some changes.

Thanks

DjCasual

Just wanted to report, it works like a charm on UBB 6.2!

https://ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000494#000003

Yors Truly

Who? Me? Worry?
Just wanted to report, it works like a charm on UBB 6.2!

https://ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000494#000003

Yors Truly

Who? Me? Worry?
Hi dj finally i got the hack wink (it was a problem with the download accelerator)

Well, after check and review each of the instructions and installed the file on the server, i just receive a blank page (no information of nothing on my logs), so i don´t know where to start looking to try to fix this. Any help will be really appreciate it.

Thanks wink

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Hi dj finally i got the hack wink (it was a problem with the download accelerator)

Well, after check and review each of the instructions and installed the file on the server, i just receive a blank page (no information of nothing on my logs), so i don´t know where to start looking to try to fix this. Any help will be really appreciate it.

Thanks wink

I made a mistake in the ZIP files (just noticed it)... if you change the "filters" setting from 2 to 0 that should get you going. I'll fix the zip soon.

To everyone:

I've made huge progress with Latest Threads this weekend. I'll be releasing the UBB6.2 official version sometime in the next couple of days and I need beta testers.

The new version of LT will be slightly different but will run more efficiently. The new latest threads will not be called from the lt.cgi script or stream files like before. Instead the new latest threads will run automatically and create an output HTML file only when new posts are created.

Also multiple var files will be used for streams and for the future control panel.

Thanks
Casual

quote:
I've made huge progress with Latest Threads this weekend. I'll be releasing the UBB6.2 official version sometime in the next couple of days and I need beta testers.

Like I said in the other forum (link above), this hack is awesome!

I'll test the new version with 6.2 (which is my main board), and just in case -- i have a 6.3 PB screwboard running (to screw around with UBB), can test on 6.3 too. My homepage is still under construction and this is going to be in the prime real estate on the screen, bang in the middle! So I am interested in seeing this hack get at its best smile

The board already gets 55,000 hits per day, 3000 unique visitors and about 300 posts per day, so what interests me is whether (like a lot of hacks I had installed and then had to deinstall) it can sustain the load without too mcuh stress on the server.

btw, CP integration? Is it in the anvil?

Yors Truly

Who? Me? Worry?
Hi I have a question.

I installed the v1.2.7 on my forum and it's working fine, but I want something special I guess.

Instead of seeing every last post, I only want to display the body of the first post. So basically I need the Variable "$first_post" instead of the "$last_post". Except that "$first_post" doesn't exsist. Can anybody help me with the correct var????

Thanks, otto

I will test it in 6.3.0 - my members are asking every single day for this hack.

Works beautifully on a 6.2.1 forum...
Tried it on the 6.3.0 beta 1 without success but I wouldn't know enough to go under the hood....

By the sounds of things, getting it to work automatically is exactly what i would like...
i am trying to display the lates posts on my home page which is default.asp
You can't include a .cgi file into an asp page, nor can you include a .htm page that includes a .cgi file into an .asp page.... if you know what I mean....

My work-around is to have lt save to file, have an img src="cgi-bin/lt.cgi" on the home page and then include the saved html file.... so it's not exactly current, or efficient for that matter.

[Linked Image] Keep up the good work, I look forward to the next release.

By the way, This is the only hack that I use... the other one I might like is the email notification....

Mark.

quote:
I seem to be having this problem also, seems like things have changed in version 6.1.4 and above. I'll be working on a fix for this but will need to do some changes. Thanks DjCasual

I also have this problem on a site running 6.2.0.

In fact, I just had it happen right in front of my eyes! Here's what happened:

1) I posted a new item
2) Refreshed the page calling LT
3) Page correctly showed the new item, and bumped off the older item (page limit 2)
4) Moments later, while testng some other pages, I noticed the LT script SSI was displaying "Software Error".
5) Clicked refresh, and only the most recent thread showed. The older item (#2 in the page limit) had dissapeared.

Here's the page:
http://www.patricklong.com/

There should be two threads in the header, but there's only the one from today...

I use LT in the header of the splash page, and a copy in the top frame of the following pages with a different public_lt file.

Any chnce you'll put out a fix for this to the current version of LT? It sounds like the changes to the new version means it will take some time to implement. Does it look like we'll need to change the SSI calls in every page that uses LT?

Perhaps a script like lt_refresh that repairs the time stamps to again show the correct number of recent threads?

Thanks,
Greg Stasko
PS - I'd love to test the new Beta...

quote:
Originally posted by GetAGrip:
I also have this problem on a site running 6.2.0.

I use LT in the header of the splash page, and a copy in the top frame of the following pages with a different public_lt file.

Any chnce you'll put out a fix for this to the current version of LT? It sounds like the changes to the new version means it will take some time to implement. Does it look like we'll need to change the SSI calls in every page that uses LT?

Perhaps a script like lt_refresh that repairs the time stamps to again show the correct number of recent threads?

Thanks,
Greg Stasko
PS - I'd love to test the new Beta...

Sorry but a fix for the current version of LT will not be available. Due to my limited time and the fact that Latest Threads v2.0 (beta) is right around the corner I see no reason to go back to the older code.

LT v2.0 is cleaner code, will run more efficiently, and cause less headaches. Yes with the new version you will need to change your SSI calls to point to the HTML output file instead of calling and running the lt.cgi script every single time. The script lt_reset will be removed from the package because LTv2.0 will no longer use cache files.

That's right no more cache files, the new code will only run when a new POST is submitted and an output HTML file is created on the fly.

Look for the package in the next couple of days, perhaps tonight in the UBBv2 mods.

Thanks
Casual

v2.0 is released... You can find the link for it in the V6.2 Beta Mods forum.

Please report bugs, typos, feedback and suggestion there.

https://ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=33;t=000111

Thanks
Casual

Sorry, Just realized there's a new thread for this... :0

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63