Ok, don't get mad at me, but Im posting ASP functions to retrieve "Todays Active Topics". This is definitely a Beta release. It is configured to work with the latest version 6.1.0 or later. Furthermore, it was written for UBBs that have the following file architecture:
w/in the forum director, /ubb for non-cgi, /bin for cgi.
Its written in VBScript.
Basically, there are groups of functions to do generic tasks and a few functions that actually form the HTML, etc.
If you know ASP to any degree, you should be able to figure out how to modify the functions to fit a UBB w/ different file architecture.
Essentially, it works in the following manner:
1. Determines the latest Cache Folder
2. Determines the latest search index file
3. Scrapes out that Active Topics info.
4. Loops through that and retrieves the post for each Active Topic
5. Armed w/ the forum #, thread # and UBB Dir, a function loops through all Active Topics and gets the last post and related info. from that thread file.
6. Finally, a function to write the posts and write the Forum Name if its passed a Forum#
There are other functions as well, such as trimmers, a julian date converter, etc.
It should be pretty simple to modify the syntax and make this a .vbs file to be run by your task scheduler if your are concerned about performance.
Let me appologize in advance for all you Gnerds that might be offended by M$-related postings here\'s
Here's the URL cuz this style sheet pretty much makes HREFs invisible: http://www24.brinkster.com/ospensky/activetopics.asp.txt
Email me at [email protected]
if you have questions. I reserve the right to not respond
[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: ospensky ]