Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This is a huge program that I have written in Delphi to communicate with the UBB board it has the following advantage:
1. View user profile
2. You can modify every thing in the user profile such as user name, public name, password, e-mail ….
3. add a user to the board
4. look at the user PM with out he/she knows about it
5. only the administrator of the board can use this program
6. the style of the PM id the same as the one you use
7. all the user and there public name and e-mail are imported to the program and you can access the user by any of these identifiers by a drop down menu.
The program is beta 1.0.0.0
To setup this program download the program from: http://66.113.218.51/wwb95.zip
1. It is a ZIP file containing the following file:
a. wwb95.exe
b. wwb95.cgi
2. Change the first line of wwb95.cgi to match your PERL path
3. Place wwb95.cgi in the vars cgi path of your board and change its mod to 0777
4. run the wwb95.exe {you have to extracted firs}
a. the program will ask you for your user name and pass word enter your admin user name and password
b. the program will ask you if you want to save the user name and password if you do not want to enter it in the future
c. the program will ask you for the html path of the wwb95.cgi program enter it it will be something like (http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/wwb95.cgi)
d. the program will tray to login to your board to get the user list and the word for the program {the vars_wordlets file).
e. The program will store all the information in a local file in the same path the wwb95.exe file called ww95.setup you can change some of the word in it to match your language but remember it is vital that you don't delete a line in it but you can modify any line. The change will take place in the next run of the program
f. You can use the program now
A screenshot of the program

[Linked Image]

Since my board language is Arabic the words in the program are imported from my board and shown in the picture in Arabic language

[ 01-25-2002 11:06 AM: Message edited by: wwb95 ]

Sponsored Links
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
It's unethical to see others' PMs IMO, but you can release it if you wish

You already can modify user profile from the CP.

I think you should release it because I dont allow people to advertise their site on my board but have a problem with people PMing other users telling them to visit their site.
This way I can prove it, where as before I could only question them about it and they denied it.

Great Hack

Pascal?

can't find peace of mind but every corner's got a mcdonalds?!
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I guess you can see it from the command line. (MS-DOS)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but can't you program it in CGI?

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
It's unethical to see others' PMs IMO

I have to agree with that. In my job I have access to read anyones e-mail, but I don't. I also don't read members PM's.

As far as people advertising their sites on my boards, I don't have a problem with it if they register and make it a one time thing though I encourage affiliations. I advertise my site elsewhere. That's how sites grow when they're new. I don't shamelessly pimp though, I try to add something to the places I visit...not just take away.

LK:
Thanks for allowing me to post this program
----------------------------
Nokia666:
I have release it
Soul Survivor:
The user interface is in Pascal but the hack is in cgi
LK:
No it is a communication program not a command line program
GotaN:
It is in CGI the part that you use. The exe program is only the interface
XPerT:
Tray it it will save you time

quote:
but have a problem with people PMing other users telling them to visit their site.

all you need to do is go into the cp, find their password, then log in as them and read their pm's! simple as that

[ 01-25-2002 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Wando™ ]

Audi-Sport.net the only forum guaranteed to kill any server!
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
quote:
Originally posted by Wando™:

all you need to do is go into the cp, find their password, then log in as them and read their pm's! simple as that

That's MUCH more unethical!!! DON'T do it! Oh, and they can also see unread PMs are read tipsy

Sponsored Links
quote:
unethical!!!

hey it's my bandwidth, so !
that's the way I figure, and I'd only do it if I thought something fishy was going on!

quote:
Oh, and they can also see unread PMs are read

So! you've wait till they've read them!

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Well, I wanted to see it work so I tried it on a test server and it didn't like IIS at all. It also has misspelling and table tags showing up in odd places. I can see some uses for this kind of interface but it needs to be cleaned up.

XperT

Make sour that the cgi program works first by clicking the following : http://localhost/cgi-bin/ww3.cgi
if the following appear in the browser then it is working
“Invalid user name and password”

I have developed this program using the IIS so it should work for you
Make sour that the PERL path and the permeation for the file are set correctly.
The misspelling can be corrected by editing the file wwb95.setup and edit the corresponding word to your language.

Important note
This program is not only for reading the users PM it is also for ubdating the user profile such as. Give him an authority to enter a forum. Changing his public name, password, e-mail,….
Making him am administrator …..

I believe that this program is just an easier way to read the PM's.
Like Wando said you can just login their account or (since most off you are admins with ftp access) read them on the ftp.

But that's not why this program is developed wink

I like it very much, now I can change the users public name fairly easy (it's locked on my board so everyone sticks with their own name) and you can't edit the public name from the CP.

So great job on this hack

One more thing! Is it possible to add (cause you already implemented posting and member restrictions) a field for moderator and admin rights?
Then it would be complete laugh

Thanks Hagar

Hagar
You are the only person how rely understand what this hack is all about {until naw I think}.
Will the pretty about this hack is when you read the users PM's the user will never know about that since the hack read the file that contain the PM's and it will not change the stat of the PM, {it will not change the flag that shows if it was read or not}.

I have done the moderator and admin rights you can change the user type by gust clicking on the user type filed { the one in the picture written in it “junior Member”} and it will change it first to administrator and next as moderator. I have made this as a read only edit box but when you click on it, it will change the user to what ever you want
You do not have to re download this hack the moderator and admin rights is contain in it

doesn't work on my computer. it starts out by counting the "received *** of 10000" and usually when it gets to 450 of 10000 it'll say "received -1 of 10000" and then stop. if i click anything on the program face, it'll freeze up and say "program not responding".

just wanted to give you some feedback on this. i would've like to have been able to use it. -dustin

i get the smae thing ^

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63