Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
This hack displays statistics for your UBB like a separate category at the bottom of forum home and provides a detailed stats page.

Name: Stats Hack 1.4
Description: Adds extensive statistics to UBB.classic
Author: Tovok7 <webmaster@Tovok7.de>
Date: 10-10-2002
Thanks to: LK [ homepage ]
Compatible with: Multihack, XHTML, UBB Cache and UBB Accelerator
Requires: Modification Wordlets™
Link: http://Tovok7.de/

This hack went through an intensive testing process and should be bug free now. If you discover any bugs please post them here.

A demo can be seen at LK\'s Board .

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I did something wrong, but when I try to use a JC Template style, Stat Hack dissapears completly.

As long as I don't use a JC Template, it works fine. Any ideas what this could be?

I think you should hack the JC Templates...

i was X-tend, but i lost my mail and password frown
If you want to use a non-standard template you need to hack those files, too.

Hmmm Using UBB 6.3.1 I am looking in cp_common.pl amd dont find this line:

document.writeln("");

that Im supposed to put this under:

document.writeln("");

Think there is one other as well as I get 2 errors in MultiHack.

Can I just add both lines?

Without the first one I get this:

http://www.thedarkwatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

essentially nothing frown

Sponsored Links
quote:
Originally posted by Chrimera:
[QB]Hmmm Using UBB 6.3.1 I am looking in cp_common.pl amd dont find this line:

document.writeln("");

that Im supposed to put this under:

document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");

should be

document.writeln("");

and

push(@items, qq($vars_wordlets{search_link}));

should be

push(@items, qq($vars_wordlets{search_link}));

This is what I gathered that is necessary for 6.3.1.1, someone else check that though, as I am new to all these mods.

Thanks for all your help smile , but I guess I am going to insist on being stupid.

http://www.thedarkwatch.com/ubb_test/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

this is my sandbox I have rehacked the wordlets twice, so if there is a mistake I cant find it (or more to the point dont know whatIm looking for) but I dont get text. I read the FAQ and found a mistake, but there is anotherone I cannot find

thanks

chrimera, do you have modification wordlets installed?

A wise man Confucious once say, "Man who stands on toilet, high on pot!"
Ttrying to reinstall Wordlets I find this is not is my cp_common.cgi (v6.3.1)

document.writeln("");

so that I may place this below it

document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");
document.writeln("");

What should I be looking for?

chrimera, are you trying to install wordlets here or stats?

Sponsored Links
I was started by installing stats. You asked me if I had installed wordlets, and this is the question I have doing that. I should move this question to wordlets I guess. Sorry. When I get this addressed, and if it does not solve my 'no text' problem left over after trying the fixes in the Stats faq, I'll come back here.

Didnt mean to cross threads frown

Thank you for your patience and understanding

it worked -

(double post)

I have installed under 6.3.1.1.

First, I was getting an error:
Software error:
Global symbol "%vars_statistics" requires
explicit package name at C:websstagingdocscgi-binultimatebb.cgi line 125. BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at C:websstagingdocscgi-binultimatebb.cgi line 396.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Wed Aug 28 10:57:36 2002] C:websstagingdocscgi-binultimatebb.cgi: Global symbol "%vars_statistics" requires explicit package name at C:websstagingdocscgi-binultimatebb.cgi line 125. [Wed Aug 28 10:57:36 2002] C:websstagingdocscgi-binultimatebb.cgi: BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at C:websstagingdocscgi-binultimatebb.cgi line 396.

So I moved the declaration of vars_statistics a little earlier. That seemed to at least keep the board from totally bombing.

Now...the "statistic" link is not showing up on forum pages...and *still* the text is now showing up on the summary at the bottom. I know the wordlets are installed (I can see them in my CP).

http://staging.windyhop.org/cgi-bin/Ultimatebb.cgi is the board.

m.

quote:
Originally posted by Mugsy Malone:
Now...the "statistic" link is not showing up on forum pages...and *still* the text is now showing up on the summary at the bottom.
Seems to work great. Where's the problem?

quote:
Originally posted by Tovok7:
Seems to work great. Where's the problem?
Well, I did get it to work eventually.

However, the issue with the variable declaration (that I mentioned at first) should probably be looked at.

m.

Hi there

Can some one tell me what I am supposed to add in cp_common.pl using 6.3.1.1 under

document.writeln("");

this seems different as mentioned above

document.writeln("");

can some give me an updated version of what i am supposed to add please

thanx

slev

What needs to be hacked so this works with a JCTemplate? Thought I saw something earlier. . .

(edited)

Here's what I get using the JCTemplates. I was hoping to get them squished over to the left.

The Dark Watch

what do you use to open the mph files on your site? I need a program that can edit this hack for me please. I have been screwing up with it, by doing it by myself. Please help. THanks.

I just installed this MOD (from the text file) on my test board - works perfect first time around!

Great MOD and great instructions - even I could follow them!

quote:
Originally posted by slev:
Hi there

Can some one tell me what I am supposed to add in cp_common.pl using 6.3.1.1 under

document.writeln("");

this seems different as mentioned above

document.writeln("");

can some give me an updated version of what i am supposed to add please

thanx

slev
slev, It is the same thing as the above except instead of calling to a wordlets file to get the title of the menu (Statistics Settings). It's just putting it in there as is to save a step.

I added this hack using MultiHack. A couple of suggestions:
- Don't upload the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file. I had to backup and change the mhp file to modify vars_wordlets_mods.cgi. Not tough, but it probably should probably be in the mhp file as an edit rather than just an upload.

- I had the same errors as posted by others. Perhaps you should tie the document.writeln... to a line that everyone will have (I don't have the graemlin line either).

My question:
I have the statistics working beautifully on the category page (forum home displays categories only), but they don't appear on the forum summary pages. Any suggestions?

URL: http://www.naaf.com/UBBtest/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Login ID: Test
Password: test

I've got an issue. It seems like although I set the correct style in the control panel, I can't get the correct $standard_title_table to show up, and also, I'm not getting the nice graphics that I included in $TBT, $TBB. Why is it not reading those?

Okay. I've figured out this much: the stats hack is pointing to the standard version of public_common.pl. I'm using an HTML template, so the public_common.pl file I want to reference is actually in {noncgi}/templates/{html template name related to style}

I think the issue is that unlike all other sections in UBB, this does not have a "HTML Template" option. But before I go dig deep into this code and spend hours making it work, does anyone have the fix ready... err... already!

quote:
Originally posted by JayM:
I added this hack using MultiHack. A couple of suggestions
Thank you for your suggestions!

quote:
[qb]Originally posted by JayM:
I have the statistics working beautifully on the category page (forum home displays categories only), but they don't appear on the forum summary pages. Any suggestions?[/qb]
You used multihack to install Stats Hack. Right? The problem is probably in ubb_forum_summary.cgi. You can try to go through it manually and search for the problem.

quote:
Originally posted by Shriveled Toe:
does anyone have the fix ready... err... already!
Please provide an URL for your forums!

I found the problem. In the mhp file, edit 12, has just:
code:
Code
	&DisplayStats;  

with Add After selected.

In edit 13, the code is:

code:
[qb]
Code
 	$ShColSpan2 = $vars_statistics{'ShColSpan2'};
$vars_statistics{'ShColSpan2'} = 0;
&DisplayStats;
[/qb]
with Add Before selected.

Changing edit 12 to be the same as 13 solves the problem.

***Notice: I reviewed the following carefully, after several people pointed out how stupid and completely out of line it was. Although I wish to publicly retract the statement, I will not delete it from the record and try to pretend it never happened. Please see my Public Apology to Tovok in the Chit Chat section***

quote:
Originally posted by Tovok7:
Please provide an URL for your forums!
Why, so you can trouble-shoot it? I already know what the problem is. The problem is your hack doesn't allow me to select an HTML template to go with my style. I've tested and verified this.

Besides, I spent a lot of time ripping out all of your Copyright stuff, and it wouldn't be fair for you to see how beautiful it looks without it! tipsy

That was easier than I thought. If you want your stats page to pick up JCTemplates:
Code
# Open cp_templates_advanced.pl
# Location: NonCGI/Templates
#
# Find:

} elsif ($key eq "registration") {
$Type = "Registration Pages";

# Under it add:

} elsif ($key eq "statistics") {
$Type = "Statistics Page";

# Open vars_template_match.cgi
# location: CGI-BIN
#
# Find:

%template_match = (

# Under it add:

q!statistics! => q!!,

# Find:

%template_html = (

# Under it add:

q!statistics! => q!!,
Then go into the control panel --> primary settings --> Style Templates --> Edit Template Associations. Set the Style Template and the HTML Template you wish to use with the stats page.

Stats Hack 1.4
Changes:
  • Fixed several install problems
  • Added control panel's new design
  • Rewrote Style Template Association
  • Fixed multihack errors

If you have no problems with Stats Hack and use v1.3, there will be no need to upgrade. This release is for new installs only.
quote:
Besides, I spent a lot of time ripping out all of your Copyright stuff, and it wouldn't be fair for you to see how beautiful it looks without it! tipsy
This isn't funny at all. If you are such a clever guy, why don't you write your own Stats Hack instead of stealing mine?

***Notice: I reviewed the following carefully, after several people pointed out how stupid and completely out of line it was. Although I wish to publicly retract the statement, I will not delete it from the record and try to pretend it never happened. Please see my Public Apology to Tovok in the Chit Chat section***

Stealing? I didn't know there was a cost associated with your code. How does infopop feel about your "copyright" of something based on their intellectual property? Based on what you're doing, I'd say I've made enough modifications to your hack to call it my own and put my own copyright there.

I've been more than impressed with the general attitude about sharing and programming for the good of all around here, and out of all the great hacks available, yours seems to be the only one with a copyright line.

God know's, If LK enforced the same idea about copyrights, We would all have a list of copyright notices about 6 or 7 deep at the bottom of each page (he's probably also incorporate a copyright notice we couldn't figure out how to undo).

I think you are being extremely foolish, and selfish. You should take extreme pride in knowing that the stats hack is very good and that, judging by this thread, many people are using it with satisfaction.

I think that out of all the people who are going to look at the stats page, none of the common users are going to give a flying #$#%@ who holds the copyright. The only people for whom your name recognition will count are those of us around here that are actually using the hack.

I don't know, I'm just trying to understand your motive for putting there in the first place, and I just can't figure it out. Maybe you can tell us why this is so *extremely* important to you, or make us understand why your hacks are so different from everyone elses? Until then, don't break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back.

quote:
Stealing? I didn't know there was a cost associated with your code.
Well, Mr. Toe there is no cost associated with my code, but it's my intellectual property and I share it with hundreds of other UBB fanatics for free. I worked many hours on Stats Hack and used a lot of my free time to create it and to keep it up to date. The only thing I want for that in response is this little link which isn't even a real copyright on the bottom of a sub page which nobody ever vists.

quote:
[qb]Originally posted by Shriveled Toe:
How does infopop feel about your "copyright" of something based on their intellectual property?[/qb]
I can't see this sign © in connection with my name in Stats Hack. It just says Stats Hack v1.3 for UBB6 by Tovok7. Infopop's copyright to the board is still there and not controverted.

quote:
Based on what you're doing, I'd say I've made enough modifications to your hack to call it my own and put my own copyright there.
Shriveled, what I did is an addition to the UBB and only there is the little hint that this addtion is written by myself. If you wrote a second Stats Page, feel free to add your own copyright to it.

quote:
I've been more than impressed with the general attitude about sharing and programming for the good of all around here, and out of all the great hacks available, yours seems to be the only one with a copyright line.[/qb]
Maybe you can give me some examples? When I got into the UBB scene it was more than common to add a little copyright to your hack. Despite of that I didn't add copyrights to my early hacks. Stats Hack is with distance the most extensive hack I wrote and that's why it is the only one with a small hint to the author of it.

quote:
God know's, If LK enforced the same idea about copyrights, We would all have a list of copyright notices about 6 or 7 deep at the bottom of each page.
Hyperbole isn't a stylistic device that fits you.

quote:
I think you are being extremely foolish, and selfish. You should take extreme pride in knowing that the stats hack is very good and that, judging by this thread, many people are using it with satisfaction.[/qb]
How should other people profit from this if they don't know where to get this hack, if there isn't a link to the source of it? That there is the little word Tovok7 which nobody knows has nothing to do with selfishness.

quote:
I think that out of all the people who are going to look at the stats page, none of the common users are going to give a flying #$#%@ who holds the copyright. The only people for whom your name recognition will count are those of us around here that are actually using the hack.
What about people being not from UBBDev who never heard of Stats Hack and maybe want to get this hack, too? How should they know that it's not part of UBB and where to get it?

quote:
Maybe you can tell us why this is so *extremely* important to you, or make us understand why your hacks are so different from everyone elses? Until then, don't break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back.[/qb]
In general, my hack_ isn't different from the others but I used many of my free hours to code for the communtiy. Hours which other people get payed with many bucks. The only payment I wanted to have was this little notice. I shared my work with the condition that the copyright has to remain intact. And if there is somebody who doesn't agree to this, he will not be forced to use my hack.

Edited by LK: Toe asked me to remove his real name

OK. You win. I'll either create my own Stats hack or concede and put your shameless free advertisement back in. Hmmm... I'd like to keep it clean though. Perhaps, If I put an entire separate page to my site listing the hacks and their authors, and put a link on every page (something like "UBB Modification Details"). Could I put your information on that page instead of on the bottom of the statistics page itself.

Do you think that would be a fair arrangement?

Also, regarding the Hyperbole, I'm not so sure. If you look around, you see alot of Calendars and Spellcheck buttons on UBB forums. The guy's got something like 20 hacks posted.

quote:
Do you think that would be a fair arrangement?
I would agree to this.

quote:
Also, regarding the Hyperbole, I'm not so sure. If you look around, you see alot of Calendars and Spellcheck buttons on UBB forums. The guy's got something like 20 hacks posted.[/qb]
I'm not sure wheather I understood you in the right way. I don't want to have copyrights all around UBB, just if you have a seperate page added by a hack f.ex. Memberlist, old Who's Online or Stats Hack. The Spellcheck or the TimeZone Hack don't need a public copyright because there is no room for it. IMO copyrights shouldn't violate the aesthetical look of UBB, so just one little hint at the bottom of a seperate page.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
OK. You win. I'll either create my own Stats hack or concede and put your shameless free advertisement back in.

Or just not use his hack...or you might even consider not acting like an idiot.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
Stealing? I didn't know there was a cost associated with your code. How does infopop feel about your "copyright" of something based on their intellectual property? Based on what you're doing, I'd say I've made enough modifications to your hack to call it my own and put my own copyright there.

I've been more than impressed with the general attitude about sharing and programming for the good of all around here, and out of all the great hacks available, yours seems to be the only one with a copyright line.

God know's, If LK enforced the same idea about copyrights, We would all have a list of copyright notices about 6 or 7 deep at the bottom of each page (he's probably also incorporate a copyright notice we couldn't figure out how to undo).

I think you are being extremely foolish, and selfish. You should take extreme pride in knowing that the stats hack is very good and that, judging by this thread, many people are using it with satisfaction.

I don't know, I'm just trying to understand your motive for putting there in the first place, and I just can't figure it out. Maybe you can tell us why this is so *extremely* important to you, or make us understand why your hacks are so different from everyone elses? Until then, don't break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back.
Never mind, it's too late...just ban the moron.

I think shriveled ***** needs to learn some manners. It is people like you that discourage others from doing a good job. You make me sick and if you were here right now I would ***** slap ya like the little ***** that you are. So put that in your pipe and smoke it homie. mad

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Bizkit, there is a reason some words are censored, don't try to override censor check! frown

Please check your PMs bizkit -- LK

Sorry. didn't realize there were youngsters here with UBB licenses. Will not happen again.

Code
###############################################################################
# if you have wol list hack, open public_pntf_summary.pl (template) and find: #
###############################################################################

$location = qq($vars_wordlets_pntf{pntf_forum}: <a href="$ULTIMATEBB?ubb=forum;f=$f">) . (&GetForumRecord($f))[1] . qq(</a>);

##############
# add below: #
##############

} elsif($gah eq "5.7475" && !$in{f}) {
$location = qq(<a href="$vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=statistics">$vars_wordlets_mods{statistics_pntf}</a>);
Is that supposed to be "public_display_profile.pl" because I can't find that line in the "public_pntf_summary.pl" file. Only in the "public_display_profile.pl" file...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63