Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
alright here is the problem:

my host's server (i guess) went down yesterday, so my site & their site was down & I wasnt even able to contact them. so this morning i come online & see my site is back up, BUT I cant login into the my board OR the control panel. I went into the FTP to check my password & everything was the same, but I still couldnt get it. So Im checking a post on my board, then I notice everything is messed up. Buttons are gone, custom titles/avatars are gone. barely anything is showing on the posts except for the NAME & text from the post (check the board yourself).

I cant figure out whats wrong, I havent even changed any files lately. Im thinking that either MY HOST did something to mess things up or somebody HACKED in. But it doesnt look like that to me.

Anybody know whats goin on? I emailed my host & im waiting for a reply. but if yall could help out, id appreciate it.

[ 12-24-2001 12:00 PM: Message edited by: DJSharp ]

Sponsored Links
i swear, this is the LAST time im ever gonna ask for help on this board. so damn slow......

It'd be nice if you had it open, and give us the admin user/pass. Other than that, its probably in your FTP.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Did you check the vars_config.cgi file to see if everything was correct there?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by DJSharp:
i swear, this is the LAST time im ever gonna ask for help on this board. so damn slow......

You posted this five hours after your first one. Our average site response time is about twenty-four hours, and so please be more patient next time.

It sounds like you have a problem between yourself and your host, and short of buying you a new one, there's not much that we here can do to help you out.

Sponsored Links
On a board with 15,000 members I would think there would be a good amount of people on here to answer topics quickly. If your average response time is 24 hours, then thats way too slow. Everytime I post a topic on this board, it usually takes more then 24 hours to get a reply, unless I start complaining, then everybody jumps on it & acts like im impatient.

So whateva...I'll get help from somewhere else. Close Topic.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I'm exercising patience right now....

I'm sorry for poking my nose in again but I just can't help it. This is the second RUDE person I've ran into here in the last 5 minutes of searching through postings. I got one question for DJSharp: Do you PAY for this great service here? If not, quit complaining please. These guys/gails are being very curtious to even offer you help dude. They don't have to do any of this. Open your eyes man, these are nice people here...

Rainner

I've been lurking here as a member for a few days now, and lurking as a non member for a few weeks.

This is my first post and it's to engage in a flame.

Would you yell at your neihbor if they didn't load you thier snow blower fast enough? Would you yell at a coworker cause they didn't jumpstart your car in the parking lot fast enought?

Geez man, no one here gets payed to help you. They aren't on the clock. No one gets reponse time reports for evals later.

Be happy they'll help at all. Ask your ISP to restore from the previous day's backup. Maybe a file or 3 are corrupted.

What have you done to resolve the problem other than asking here? Have you attempted anything?

get into the habit of backing up your last working configuration onto your HDD... that way you can reupload it when it ****s up smile

EDIT:
quote:
i swear, this is the LAST time im ever gonna ask for help on this board. so damn slow

ok go somewhere else then

[ 01-01-2002 01:28 PM: Message edited by: pumpkin ]

Just another boring 17-year-old
and yes, I like smilies/graemlins
Sponsored Links
quote:
Originally posted by DJSharp:
On a board with 15,000 members I would think there would be a good amount of people on here to answer topics quickly. If your average response time is 24 hours, then thats way too slow. Everytime I post a topic on this board, it usually takes more then 24 hours to get a reply, unless I start complaining, then everybody jumps on it & acts like im impatient. :rolleyes: I want to add that you get what you pay for....and last time I got paychecks I didn't see ANYTHING from you!!! You wanna pay me to sit here so I can answer your question within 5 minutes? Let me know and I'll tell you where to send the check!!! And follow the advice above...back up your stupid board and when the $*it hits the fan you can fall back and punt! I have dated backups of all the boards I run....AND, when I ask for help I have patience!!

Fell free to contact me by e-mail...but you will be subject to my current hourly charge of, oh, lets round it to an even $75/hr (free for ANYONE else!!!).

how i luv seeing newbies talk **** . i cant believe yall still replying to this topic. get ova it. every damn person on this board is nice, somebody gotta mess wit yall heads once in awhile. lmao...

15,000+ members. 24 hour response time...um, no.

my board...barely 200 active members, 1 hour reponse time...think about it. but whateva, i dont even care what yall say & think...u aint me.

CLOSE TOPIC.

Well this thread could go awhile hehe.

Hey DJ"SHARP" (lol) Do the math man.. Your so sharp! smile

I think your running pretty damn slow for 200 users dude.

Don't you just love it?

Later

Just in a mood, sorry

wtf? somebodys a math nerd. i just noticed this topic was still going today. i dont check on a topic thats supposed to be closed everyday smart guy. geez, i didnt know yall were gon cry like babies about this...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
none of that was necessary...

dj, you have to be more patient, or pay for faster response times, thanks for understanding.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63