Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#174336 03/21/2002 3:31 AM
I've got two questions for you all. I've tried looking around for the answers but haven't had any luck yet. So I apologize in advance if they've already been answered [and if you could point me in the right direction, much thanx].

First problem: I would like to make the "my profile, register, search" etc. links to be images. Basically make an all-new header so my board looks more customized. But I can't seem to figure out how to remove the "|" between the links. I'm also not really sure what to edit so I can have one of those nifty headers that span the whole page.

Second problem: IP Logging. I'd like to have it set up like it is on these boards [where admins can click the link to see the user's IP]. I went through the CP and enabled logging for admins and mods, but it doesn't show up on the posts. I've cleared cache, etc. Is it in the $AuthorExtra command, or do I have to manually type something in [$AuthorIP or something] where I want it to appear.

Thank you again!

Sponsored Links
#174337 03/21/2002 4:40 AM
WASSUP ANTH!

You can make your links as images several ways...First you can manually edit those links in ubb_lib.cgi (cgi-bin) in which I did before...Or you can use the Cosmetic Links hack which is awesome. The place you will find the codes are somewhere in the middle of the .cgi file. Extremely easy to install...Just need to find the correct UBB version you have.

The header you can either manually for each .pl and some .cgi files (chat, who's online) or go into your control panel and go to Style Templates and in the header and footer you can add whatever scripts you want and it will show up on every page.

Depending on your UBB version but in 6.2.1 it automatically logs the IPs of users on registration or any member you have currently.
If you have an older version like 6.0x you can also dl a mod called IP Registration. The file you mentioned is $IP_wording in (topic_page.pl) and if I recall should be in the ubb_lib_posting.cgi and ubb_registration.cgi. If you enabled it however it should work when you press the link.

My suggestion is if you haven't yet install 6.2.1...Although there are a few things I liked better in the 6.05 (my fav version).

THANKS!
PrimeTime

#174338 03/21/2002 5:51 AM
I'll answer this in simpler terms...

1. Use the Cosmetic Links hack.

2. The IP should show up when you click IP Logged. It doesn't show up on the post unless you enable everyone to see it.

Hope this helps.

#174339 03/21/2002 2:49 PM
Thanks! I'll do a search for the Cosmetic Links hack ASAP.

I'm using version 6.02, just for the record. My question about the IP thing was that when I tell it to log the IPs, it doesn't even show the "IP: Logged" link on the posts. Wasn't sure what was going on there. Heh.

#174340 03/22/2002 1:21 PM
Still, for the life of me, can't figure out how to get the "IP: Logged" link to show up in posts. Any help/suggestions? Using UBB 6.02

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63