Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#174836 04/15/2002 9:17 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2
I've had UBB 6.2.0.0 for a little while now. I noticed looking through your boards that on the topic listings in the forums on the last post it has a "by ". I tried searching around the forums for a hack that would do it, but I found one for an older version of UBB that uses a file or two my version doesn't have. I was wondering if there is a hack for 6.2.0.0 to do the display that I might have missed or if it was a new feature in 6.2.1.2? If it's a new feature that was added, I might look into upgrading.

Sponsored Links
#174837 04/15/2002 3:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
It's not a new feature, but upgrade to 6.2.1.2 anyway. smile

I have NO idea what that hack is called... I can't find it in the beta & finished forums, yet I know it exists - we have it here....


UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#174838 04/15/2002 10:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,848
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,848
It's the last reply in forum display hack by the donut in the 6.1 mods forum. I used it on 6.2 and it works fine...hopefully I didn't break something important doing it.

#174839 04/16/2002 2:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6
Same sorta idea...

Any idea how I can extend the truncating of the last posted topic on the forum summary page?

I centered my cells to add more room, now I need a longer string cause it wraps the posters name and I hate that.

thanks


Why is Gas 64c/L and Pepsi 96c/L?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 3947
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 9
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)