Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4
I'm not sure if this is the correct palce to post this topic, but I'm sure if it's not, someone will point me in the right direction.

We have a large text document consisting of 500 entries each with a date, time, title and a short bullet point.

We would like to add this to the forum but it would take days to write out all of the information (or cut and paste it). Is there a way to load this text document onto the forum automatically?

Would it work, if we wrote a small conversion program to convert the text document into the right format for the website, if so, what do I need to do?

Sponsored Links
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 815
Moderator / Kingpin
Moderator / Kingpin
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 815
I'm not aware of anything that can automatically convert a document to UBBCode. I've could have found something like that useful on a several occasions too.

The best advice I can offer is to use the Find & Replace option available on most Text Editors. For example, use it to covert the bullets to [* ].

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4
Well it doesn't need to automatically load a document onto a form. Because we could write a program to convert the text document into the correct format, where would I find what the correct format should be, and when I have the document in the correct format where do I put it so that it will load it onto the page?

Any help would be great?


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 3947
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 9
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)