Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,703
CTM
Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,703
The day after I departed the country to go on holiday, my UBB decided to stop working (that is, ultimatebb.cgi could not be accessed; it gave a ´missing or corrupt member file´ error). I had a look round in my FTP program, and found that member 283´s member file was deleted for no reason... I rebuilt member stat files to try to get rid of the problem, but then found that I couldn´t log in to the CP or access the board. And, to add insult to injury, there´s no error message there now.

All CGI scripts and Wordlet files are in their correct places, and all are CHMODded correctly.

Little help please? smile

(And this would happen at the time of the Content Rulez contest, too... frown )

Sponsored Links
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
rename this file as 00000283.cgi and upload in ascii, setting permissions to 777.

https://ubbdev.com/00000283.txt

rebuild member stats and see if that fixes it.


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,703
CTM
Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,703
Still not working... I still can't access the CP. frown

Quote
quote:

Sorry, we have no one registered with that name. Use your browser's back button to try again. ()

» Use your browser's back button to return.
(By the way, Allen, the T-Shirt arrived this morning.. Thanks laugh )

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 12
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 12
CTM, did you start out with UBB series 5 and then upgrade to UBB series 6?

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,703
CTM
Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,703
Nope, I started with 6.04d, and I've just overwritten files in the past to upgrade. I haven't upgraded for ages though...

Sponsored Links
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,703
CTM
Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,703
Finally, I've got the thing to work again... It seems as if a null-sized topic in my UD Sub-Team forum stopped the entire UBB working.

*twitch*

(Sorry to steal your phrase, Charles, but I think it deserved it this time [Linked Image])

Anyway, thanks for the help Allen/DavidW smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Posts: 449
Joined: February 2008
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 5263
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 5
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)