Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I'm having lots of trouble after upgrading from 5.46 to 6.01 UBB. The most relavant of them is the fact the members files are not showing up correctly for their usernames. In place of the user name is the actual url path that points to an avatar the user selected. This was part of an avatar add-on that the ubb 5.46 used and it modified the members files to show their selection.

What I need to know is how do you re-build your member files so it just reads the information needed and ignores data that shouldn't be included (like in mods that were done). I've read all the files at infopop and even done all the maintainence commands twice, but nothing is an actual rebuild of the member files. I need to reset all my members so it works correct. As it is now, all members user names are not showing up at all even though they can log in/out. It just shows the url path to the avatar in place of the user name. Thus, a full re-build of the member list is required to purge the old data. Can this be done and how?

Please help with this, thanks.

Jeff

Sponsored Links
as far as I know easiest way to do it is to just tell all users to fix it in their profile, I had the same thing happen to me when I upgraded. I had the icq/aim hack and it was making everyones display names show up as their AIM s/n's. You can go through and do it manually but I dont know of anyway to automatically do it.

SkoobySkates:

Thanks for the reply. I've been going over and over this issue. There appears to be no other answer to this problem as you have seen for yourself. I even tried the program "rebuildmems6" and all it did was copied the exact same info inside my members files.

What Infopop needs is to rework this file so an option is included to "reset to default". That way it just reads the member username, password, number and permission and outputs new files IGNORING any other info contained in the member file. I hate to think I'm going to have to do this to every member file by hand - sheesh!

Going to pass this along to Infopop as well, others should report it too.

frown

Jeff

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hey Jeff... good to see you. In the chit chat forum, there is a thread called "ubb6 revealed" or something very similar. you can find it in jan-feb time period. on the second page at the top is a script by copycat called "deletehackline.pl" use that to fix your membner's profiles... we used it here without problems.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Allen:

Hello, good to talk with you again. I tried the script, but I had already upgraded the UBB to 6.01. The error I encountered with it was "memberslist.cgi" file not found. I put the direct path to it in the file and that worked for the first part, but it still didn't work for rest. Should all instances be replaced with the full path?

I don't have many members files to be edited, so i'll most likely just setup a search and replace string and run though the member.cgi files and delete the extra. I can see which ones to edit from the member list view control panel because it displays the extra information for all users that have those options.

Thanks,

Jeff

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Ruben Rocha
Ruben Rocha
Lutz,FL,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63