Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Situation:

Currently, my UBB is running 6.04e with several hacks.

Problem Description:

When using the 6.05 upgrade package, and following the upgrade process as specified in the upgrade instructions, I come across this problem -- when attempting to access cp.cgi or ultimatebb.cgi, it will prompt me if I want to download the file! e.g., Do you wish to open or save this file, select a location, etc.

I realize that following the upgrade instructions, vs. using Beyond Compare, will cause me to lose most, if not all, of my installed hacks. This is OK, since I would like to start "fresh" anyhow.

Perhaps, if there is already a resource available, someone could point me to a reference that will guide me in setting up a new UBB (6.05), and simply import my existing members and forums settings and messages?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links
Should also mention, that I get prompted to download cp.cgi only after I try to login. (e.g., once I enter in my admin user name and password and click on the "Submit identification now" button.)

Update:

- I've checked all permissions, etc. Using ubb6_test.cgi, it informs me that everything is OK.

- I've even tried upgrading via the full zip file for 6.05, and still getting the exact same error.

- I've nuked everything in the main cgi dir, and updated all files from the full 6.05 zip (cgi and var files). Also nuked everything in the main dir and template dir of my non-cgi dir and re-uploaded and set permissions as needed from the full 6.05 zip. Still getting the exact same error.

Dang - I know the problem is going to be something incredibly small and minor, and I'm going to kick myself very hard once I find out what it is... mad

UPDATE:

I recently took advantage of UBBDev's Professional Services to resolve the issues I had (see above posts).

I highly recommend it to anyone who has suffered enough pain and frustration with dealing with cgi/pearl/unix/hack installation/ubb updates.

Or simply to anyone who wants to save themselves a tremendous amount of time!

Regards,
Mike

I'm having the same problem. What was the solution??

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63