Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JG
Here's the deal. My 5.43c ubb is too hacked up too be upgraded the standard way, so I just full installed the 6.04e board.

I retained the members of the board by moving the members files over, and then rebuilding the member file stats, (only one small problem, their aim name is now their display name. If anyone knows how to turn off display name or fix that let me know) That's the first problem.

The second problem is the posts trying to retain. I tried moving one of the posts from the old board to the new board.
It shows up (the amount of threads and posts) on the main ultimatebb.cgi page, but on the individual forum page, the thread doesn't show up.
However, when I go to prune messages and search it shows up there and lets me go to it.

How and why is it not showing up on the individual forum. I'm new to 6.0 and don't understand why it wouldn't.

Thanks so much in advance for any help,

JG

Sponsored Links
JG
Nevermind on the display name showing up as the aim name, I've fixed that..
But my posts problem still is there.

Thanks again,

JG

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
welcome jg, got a link to your problem? and is there a reason why you didn't upgrade to 6.05? It's been out a while and fixes a security issue with the 6.04 series

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: AllenAyres ]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
JG
No reason really, I haven't messed with upgrading or viewing the newer ubb version for a long time, and when I first was going to upgrade this is the version that was out..
But as far as link, the board will show nothing really, but a board with very little posts..

Basically, the old board I had is still on my server. I took one of the post files from my Forum1 directory, and moved it to the new Forum1 directory.

The threads and posts amount on the main page were updated, but you couldn't see the thread on the forum's page.

The older ubb had a 'update threads' and such feature in the cp, I haven't seen the same feature in the newer versions, something liek that may make the moved posts appear in the listing..

Thanks

JG
Nevermind guys. We figured it out... smile

Thanks anyway though.....
It's appreciated

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849