Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
As some of you may know, I had a problem with my AIM and Avatar profile fields due to mine and Dave's ImStatus6.3 hack. Well I have now upgraded the board to 6.3.1.1 fully bug fixed (with help from Allen for the help with unbugging the ImStatus hack).

I asked LK if there was an easier way to clean the two profile fields rather than go through 1000+ member profiles and do it manually. He said to go to the MyStyle discussion thread, download upgrade.cgi and edit it to clean [22] and then execute it. I did this and executed the file, but it got to around Member #512 and then I got an error saying:

quote:
Software error:
Can't open '/home/virtual/site3/fst/home/gamingupdate/Members4/00000034.cgi'. Permission was denied - please ask the administrator to check the permissions on that file/directory! The exact error returned by the operating system is: Permission denied

This is my profile.. Obviously the script doesn't like cleaning the profile of the person who has executed the file (even though it DID clean my profile, the script stopped at about 000000512.cgi out of 000002365.cgi).

Has any of the experts got any idea how I can overcome this..?
Thanks again to all of UBBDEV for the continuous support if problems and hacks. thumbsup

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
There's a script at www.ubbcentral.com/downloads that strips profile fields. You'll need to manually edit where you want the lower level to be.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
I can't find what to edit in the scipt where I want the lower level to be.. frown

Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
Hopefully somebody has some idea how to edit this script by LK to stop it from messing up when it get's to my profile field (the person that executes the .cgi file).
If i set the lower level on the script supplied by http://www.ubbcentral.com/downloads then it will clear everything above [22] which would include sigs which I don't want to happen.. eek

This is the copy of the script I'm using:
http://www.gamingupdate.com/temp/upgrade.zip

If anyone has any idea how to fix the error, please let me know.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
OK, I'm using the MyStyle script for many purposes.. For example I removed MSN/Yahoo fields from my board not so long ago, and moved "UBBDev Name" to one of the first 4, using that code. Make sure there isn't a problem with the member profile after yours.

Sponsored Links
Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
LK! I know the error!
It's not CHmoding the member files back to 777 after the script has edited them so after the first check point, it can't validate my profile to start the second lot of member profiles. That's why it can only clean members 1 to 518.

Is there a way to make the script CHMOD the files after they have been edited..?

[EDIT]
Nope.. This isn't the error..

Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
I stopped it bringing up the original error, but now instead of that it tells me:

quote:
You aren't an administrator/the password is incorrect. Cya!

After the first checkpoint.. Any ideas..?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Make sure you're logged into the board.

Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Make sure you're logged into the board.
Haha.. And now the original error returns.
I'm going to do this manually..

Thanks for the help LK smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63