Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I hope this is allowed???

I want to ask if anyone knows how to stop people visiting my site from a bookmark, basically i do not wish them to view my forum only, I want them to go through my site to reach the forum, this way they have a framed web site such as the first pic, but right now the y go in through the direct as per second pic.

[Linked Image]

When i redirect www.alfaowner.com/forum/ubb/ultimatebb.php to go to www.alfaowner.com/forum which is where I have set up a framed index page to frame the forum with my sites navigation, it keeps repeating reloading the url all the time as it its constantly redirecting from the ultimatebb.php. Is there a way around this? I am using UBB 6.3

Please help... Please!?

Thank you in advance cool

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
A bit of JS will do this... however, before we give it to you, you need to know and acknowledge to us that you are aware of the negative side-effects of framing a site with cookies in IE6, namely cookie issues that may prevent users from logging in. If you are sure you wish to unleash this hell upon your users, then please say so. smile

Putting your site navigation stuff in a tabular header/footer would probably be a smarter option...

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
I know what you are saying regarding cookies, I have found that as long as you keep all the links to either www. or http:// Only one or the other, all seems to be fine.

However I suppose that I am already framing it now anyhow.

Also, amazingly quick response BTW

Would it be possible to have tabular header/footer info because i am not sure exactly what that is and also please post up the JS if possible?

Thanks again Charles for your kindness

Does any one have this Java script, I have tried searching for it, but dont know exactly what I am need, or where to put it.

Thank you!

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
I'll get back to you later this afternoon with the code - I gotta find where I put it. wink

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Sponsored Links
I recently read a thread on UBBdev about it being a quiet period here, I for one would not mind paying a small subscripton to gain information and help such as this, I cannot help with tech info because I am useless in that department (Hence my user name), however, with the level of FREE help I have had here since May this year, its worth easily £10 if not £100.

Thanks for your help Charles Capps, its people like you that will always keep this place ticking.
and I am not naming names as there are so many.... Cough, cough LK

Thanks in advance

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
I'll get back to you later this afternoon with the code - I gotta find where I put it. wink
Hi Charles, I assume that you no longer have this code, does anyone else have any idea where to find this type of JS?

Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63