Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I know this will sound like a dumb question, so please don't rub my nose in it, than already is:

I installed Advanced UBBNews 1 (Devel Edition) v2.4 with no hassles whatsoever. Here's the dumb question - how & where do I invoke it? I don't understand that part of the install instructions. Can someone explain it to me in simple layman terms?

TIA confused

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
you have a link to where you downloaded it from?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
you have a link to where you downloaded it from?
This link here:
[code][/code]

If I understand you correctly, you want to know where you can display the UBBNews? If this is the case then anywhere on your website (webpages) if you use a .shtml extensions you can use:

Code
[/code]Where is says "YOUR_NEWS_SESSION_ID" just replace that with the Session Number you want to display the news/headlines.  For example, go into your CP and create a UBBNews.  The first News Session will be "1".  If you make a second News Session it will be "2".  So, if you only created one News Session your code will look like:

Code
</pre></div></div>To experiment, just create a .shtml page and add that code above...If you had installed UBBNews correctly your news will show up on that page.  <br><br>If you're NOT using .shtml and using PHP use this code instead (provided by Allen):<br><br>[code]
You may need to enter the direct URL path instead of just "cgi-bin". Direct path meaning "http://...". Hope this helps. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63