Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I just recently moved an entire message board (Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3 ) to a new server (including over 4000 users and thousands of posts)....the board works great, except in the Control Panel when I go to View/Edit Member Records, and I search for a member, it doesn't come up with any results at all....where the results would normally be is just blank, it doesn't even tell me that there are 0 results....it does the same thing when I go to "Ignore search parameters - display all registered members."....
is there a file missing, or what do I need to do to get this search to work properly?
I hope you guys can help me, because it took almost 2 solid days to get this entire board transfered, and it works beautifully other than the fact I can't search for members! Oh yeah, teh New Member List works fine, just the search doesn't....but all member profiles are there and do exist, because if I go to New Member List and click a person, the profile comes up, and I can change the # and view anyone's profile....
Hope someone has a fix for this....
great site, btw!
-Deege

Sponsored Links
did you rebuild everything?

yup, rebuilt everything in the Maintainence if that's what you mean...

Moderator / Kingpin
Moderator / Kingpin
Including the Search Indexes?

yup, sure did. Rebuilt all of the indexes...
It doesn't even tell me there are 0 results like it usually would....where the results usually would be, it's just whitespace, but has the infopop footer underneath it like usual...I just don't understand why it wouldn't find members, but yet the New Members List works fine.
To edit a user's profile to change their member status or whatever, I have to go to New Member list, click on a recent member, and then change the URL of their profile to the user I want to edit's number...since I can't search for them. It's wierd. and to make someone an Admin, I have to manually edit their CGI file in the members directory, otherwise it's impossible, since I can't search for them. I hope someone here has seen this before or might know why it's doing that!
Thanks,
Deege

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Heh. Trivia... 6.1.0.4 was released two years ago. Man, has it really been that long?

I was SO proud of the search code back then. Now it sucks... wink

May I suggest upgrading to 6.6? wink

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Well, I can't afford buying another version at the moment and I also really know nothing about upgrading.
All I know is, it was hard as hell to move the whole board to another server....and now it's working smoothly except for this one control panel search error!

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Originally posted by Deege:

Well, I can't afford buying another version at the moment (and I assume this website only supports legal upgrading, but I dunno LOL)...
how hard is it to upgrade?

We've always been fond of the legal upgrading tipsy

Upgrading has always been easy for me. Just upload the contents of the zip to where the txt tells you to, click upgrade, and voila

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
The upgrades are awesome. Legal is a very good thing.

$100 a year is chump change for what you are getting.

Also, look at the added value you get from this board. Which is, of course, icing. wink

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
If your board is unhacked, you could also look at opening up a support ticket with Infopop. This is probably just a broken index file somewhere, meaning a free fix. wink

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63