Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Thanks to all your guy's help over the years at www.ubbdev.com we are going to upgrade our board to the new version.
Reason I am telling you this is that I think the support on this site is Absolutely fantastic, even with stupid questions from me smile
,not to mention UBB is a great board.

I am upgrading tomorrow night.

Now I have a few questions (you knew that was coming)

I set up the site in one of our other .com names so I can work on it with out shutting the board down. Well I liked playing with post nuke.

the questions I have for post nuke are.

can I just use the main page and have the ubb classic forum fit inside the center section? I think they call that a wrap or something?

Can I Use the post nuke login and make it work on the ubb classic? I have gallery working through post nuke login and would like to only be able to login once for all our members.

Thats really all I would want it for just for login and to have the forum in the center section when you clicked on the link forum. I am not worried about integrating it with post nuke in any other way. I like the look of the post nuke home page.

The web site is www.hunttalk.com, our board is atwww.hunttandlodge.com which after the upgrade tomorrow night I will be putting it on www.hunttalk.com

Although I would like to be able to link a few things to post nuke(like stories) its not neccesary, how about view threads where a few threads are on the home page.?

BTW this is my first attempt at makeing full blown webpage with something other than simple html code.

Also would like to throw in the lady that I talked to at infopop was very helpful

Thanks Guys

Delw

Sponsored Links
Oh yeah Forgot to add.

Right now all our pictures on our posts through out the forum are linked to huntandlodge.com/etc

since we moved the gallery from huntandlodge to hunttalk is there a script or some way to make all the posts that say
for example
Code
[img] http://www.huntandlodge.com/gallery/the picture addy[ /img] 
to

Code
 [img]http://www.HUNTTALK.com/gallery/the picture addy[ /img] 
I really dont want to do this manually it would take months if not years

Thanks
Delw

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
PostNuke/PHPNuke use MySQL based usernames and configurations; where UBB.Classic uses flatfiles. It won't be impossible to modify PostNuke/PHPNuke to be able to read your member files but it'd take a nice amount of work that you'd most likely have to pay someone to pound out.

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
I've tried to run PostNuke and having the dual logins was a PITA. My advice, if you were going pay someone, you would probably be better off having someone write something more tailored to what you would use.

With the introduction of Content Islands in UBB.classic, making a portal page for classic is much easier. You can use CIs to feed news latest topics to your front page. Write a few more scripts, and you have a fully functional portal.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
http://www.alforadmin.com/

that's the "portal" I came up with using just modifications posted here and content islands.

If I can do it, most anyone can

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

Delw

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
On www.undergroundnews.com I use my forums for relaying news; my portal is at http://homepage.undergroundnews.com/ using strict RSS feeds smile .

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Gizzy
Nice site!

how do you make a site give rss feeds. for example I have a site called azbasszone.com its basically an bass fishign site for AZ. I havent bought a version of ubb for it yet cause the version we have is for hunttalk.

How would I make that site spit out rss feeds, we want to get news from B.A.S.S. and game and fish and other things.

Delw

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You can make content islands in your ubb control panel that are either rss or javascript or html... an almost endless variety, check it out smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Allen,
Thanks. You were right I would really like the new version....

Delw

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63