Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
My host had to move my data from one place to the next and I anticipated issues moving my old classic 6.3 forums (yes I want to upgrade and will) When I try to get in I get the following error:

Code
There was a compilation error while loading the UBB.classic libraries and data files: 

Can't locate /usr/home/tramadmin/web/cgi-bin/ubb_lib.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: ./Modules . /usr/home/tramadmin/web/cgi-bin /usr/home/tramadmin/web/cgi-bin/Modules /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl) at /usr/home/tramadmin/web/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi line 80.

Please make sure that you uploaded the CGI and Variables files to the proper directory, permissions are set properly on the files, and that paths in the control panel are set correctly.
Could this be that it's looking for the old domain that it was setup on? Or do you think it's a rights issue?

If it's a rights issue do you know of anywhere I can find a list of what chmod rights I should give to what files? I don't have the original 6.3 installation files frown

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Ok I went to cp.cgi and fixed some paths. They were wrong. Now I'm getting the following error:

Code
Software error:
Can't open '/usr/home/tramadmin/web/NonCGI/cache-GS4SW7D6/lock/global.cgi'. I was unable to find that file or directory. Please check the paths. The exact error returned by the operating system is: No such file or directory
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
well at least we know the exact cause.

I'm doing this from memory (I'm currently in class paying attention wink )

Open vars_config.cgi

There will be indexes for NonCGIPath and CachePath

Make sure that CachePath includes NonCGIPath. If not, add it (replacing your old NonCGIPath)

If the path is already correct, then you've got to make sure that the cache directory was copied over from where it was previously (this is all based on the assumption that files were recently moved)

Technically, there is one easy way to do it, but it involves uploading a blank vars_config.cgi file and going through installation again.

If these instructions were helpful, reply back and I'll try to be more helpful when I have access to my files.

I did something similar (only because I tried something before I saw your post)

My issue turned into not having the cache directory or any of the default, blank files.

I did find a semi-recent backup though and restored the cache directory from that and I'm good to go. Now all I have to do is move my domain and it should work! smile

Thanks for your response!

This thing is a mess. I thought the forum was working ok until I opened the forum and actually checked it out.

When I open one of the forums up their blank, (I see the index of all forums) then changing to show all topics gives me the following:

Can't open 'NonCGIPath/cache-(cache_pw)/ubb_files/forum_page/Forum29/forum29-1000.cgi'.

I get similar things for the rest of them. When I look I don't see the file it refers to. 1000 for all, 365 for last year of course, etc.

Some of them dont' wait that long. I get an error right away on entering the forum.

Can't open 'NonCGIPath/cache-(cache_pw)/ubb_files/forum_page/Forum2/forum2-45.cgi'.

Sponsored Links
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
go into the CP and Clear the cache

No dice frown I would have thought that'd work. I'm still getting similar errors.

Any other suggestions very much appreciated.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Ugh, give this a shot.

First, backup vars_config.cgi
Next, edit the file to show all fields as blank (ie, "")
Upload that file, overwriting vars_config.cgi (make sure you did that backup)
Go to the control panel, and you should be prompted for the paths again. Enter them.
Once you have the paths filled in, and have rebuilt everything, you need to open your backedup vars_config.cgi
Copy the Cookie Number from the old vars_config to the new one, which should have just been updated by the control panel. This way you don't need to have everyone log in again.

What you've now done is create a new cache directory, which should have all correct permissions, files, etc. You should now delete the old cache directory, and voila, your board should work

Now I get the following error:

Software error:
Can't open '/usr/home/tramadmin/web/NonCGI/cache-R7CTJPV7/lock/global.cgi'. I was unable to find that file or directory. Please check the paths. The exact error returned by the operating system is: No such file or directory

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
try creating a blank file and placing it where they wanted it, and CHMOD it to 777

Sponsored Links
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
btw: I'm gonna suggest to check at UBBCentral for solutions in this case. I'm running out of ideas and there had to be someone else who had this problem before

After that it asks for more files

Software error:
Can't open '/usr/home/tramadmin/web/NonCGI/cache-R7CTJPV7/ubb_files/counter/2005-05.cgi'. I was unable to find that file or directory. Please check the paths. The exact error returned by the operating system is: No such file or directory

I'll check out that site. Any other suggestions you have feel welcome! Thanks for your help.

I'm seeing over there that they say you need to install a working copy of ubb.classic first before you move it. Not sure if that's completely true.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63