|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2 |
Hi guys,
New to PHP and especially forums. I think the various UBB boards out there are great but rather than use their own script I have tried to write my own.
Now this question may be inappropriate because I am trying to hijack ideas but the main thing I have been stuck on for weeks is stripping UBB to return HTML. A simple str_replace array is getting the job done for bold etc however the tricky one is a URL, mainly because it needs to return the string (the url) twice in amongst the UBB codes once parsed.
Any ideas? Or should I pack up and download a standard package BB?
Thanks guys.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080 Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
|
|
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080 Likes: 3 |
We're basically/mainly a perl forum, if you're really interested in rolling your own php forum, you might want to learn more from the freely available ones likes phpbb, invision, etc. ubb.threads is good, but not free 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
Admin / Code Breaker
|
|
Admin / Code Breaker
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394 |
Search php.com for "eregi_replace", put the string (the url) in parenthesis in the pattern part and use \1 to recall it in the replacement part.
Just a note, it took the BB companies lots of time and efforts to make the url tag invulnerable, so if you just make it simple most likely hackers will be able to exploit it (for example, they can start the URL with "javascript:", add inverted commas to get out of href into another event, etc)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2 |
Fair enough - no wonder I couldn't work it out. Thanks guys.
|
|
|
Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.
Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
|
|
Posts: 87
Joined: December 2001
|
|
|
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
| |
Most Online151,614 Nov 14th, 2025
|
|
Currently Online 6968
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 7
|
|
|
|
|
|