Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#188126 08/02/2001 10:10 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 9
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 9
From what I read in the "How do I ...?" forum, it seems like the archiving feature is removed from v6, which is kinda unfortunate. The workaround seems to be:
1. Make a read-only forum
2. Set that forum to sort alphabetically
3. Move old posts into it

However, it is a real pain in the ass to go into every topic you'd like to archive, scroll to the bottom, choose Move, choose Delete from Current, etc, etc. PLUS, this isn't really archiving the posts, because they still exist as HTML, right? Maybe I'm off on this (I'm no Perl ninja) but I thought that the v5 archives were stored as .CGIs and made into .HTMs on the fly, because they were seldom used, and this allowed the server to save space. Does v6 still maintain the .CGI and the .HTM files?

It would be absolutely rad if some kind-hearted Perl whiz could do the following:
1. Make a mass Move-by-Date function (just like the Prune by Date) that allows you to archive large amounts of posts at a time.
2. If v6 has the .CGI/.HTM thing like v5, if you could set a forum to be not-cached, ie, to remain as .CGI only. (To save space)

If some mod like this already exists, I couldn't find it - please let me know!

Thanks!


Rhythm is fundamental to the spirit
Sponsored Links
#188127 08/02/2001 9:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
Quote
quote:
smile

The files are .cgi, there are no .html files built anymore. Has been like that since 6.0.0. I do believe they plan to add a mass-move into a future version of ubb (6.2?), but one would be nice for now smile


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#188128 08/02/2001 10:18 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 4,625
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 4,625
its in 6.2 or 6.3 Allen...


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Posts: 808
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4876
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 1
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)