Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Will you be porting Jimbo's Custom Status/Rank to 6.2? While custom titles are available in ubb6.2, the jimbo's hack was great for adding customized info to be displayed in a thread.

Sponsored Links
please! this really is a need for every board
6.2 isnt the same without it smirk

i having no problem using 6.1 version on 6.2

Any word on this? Or anything like this for 6.3.1? I know that we'd love to be able to give certain users special statuses. i.e. our male and female moderators ideally would have different titles and avatars, but we can't do that with the built-in feature for avatars and titles. It's a big pain.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
?

There's nothing here you can't do in the base code - which is why qasic didn't update it.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
? ditto. Now I'm confused. lol

What do you mean nothing here that I can't do in the base code? Maybe I didn't explain myself the way I meant.

i.e. we have admins and mods. Well, we also have two special people who do other things on our site, and we'd like to give those particular 2 users special titles (instead of them having to be lumped in with either the moderators or having regular status titles like everyone else gets). We also have 2 male moderators, and we'd like them to have different titles than the rest of the mods.

I can't see that there's a way to do either of those things with the built-in titles function... unless I'm more dense than I thought. wink (Quite possible- I've been away from playing with UBBs for several months.)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You can give them custom titles when you check their profiles in the cp. You can add html in there if you wish to link to an image as well smile

Most all staff here have their own title.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hot damn! We were just looking in the wrong place. Sheesh. Thanks a ton Allen! That's a lifesaver. smile

We have two titles on our board (member or guest) that we give to EVERYONE who registers. I don't really feel like going through +4200 profiles tipsy With this hack, all I have to do is cut and paste from a list and in seconds everyone have their titles! I assume many of us who loves this hack uses it this way, which is a very good reason why this hack should be ported to 6.3.1 *please* Or can we use the hack for 6.2??

aleina
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
What signifies the difference between member and guest? How is it determined on your forum using the modification?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
member = MFC Member
guest = not MFC Member

tipsy

aleina
Just changed the "unregistered" field in the User Titles to the guest title.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Originally posted by aleina:
member = MFC Member
guest = not MFC Member

tipsy
I understand that part, how do you use the qasic mod to signify the difference? The only thing qasic's modification did more than the base code was have unlimited posting levels - a simple change of one line in the base code to add more.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
The difference with his hack is that I dont have to go through +4200 profiles!! That would take forever... now it's done in seconds. I just copy and paste the list I have and hit submit. Done!

aleina

aleina
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
what list? And why do you have to apply it to all 4200 profiles?

What do you put where in qasic's mod to apply what to all 4200 profiles?

Post it here and I'll show you how it's done the same way in the base code.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I think Aleina means is that there are about 10,000 members in the board, and some are clan members and some are guests. When the board started from nothing, the board's admins used qasic's hack to add each title to every new user, and now that there are many users and no custom user field is used, it will take weeks to start doing it again to 5,000 members. Aleina, what about an importer from q's hack to the current way, then you'll have to add it only to new users?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
qasic's mod wasn't magical, if you had custom titles for each person you still have to add them individually.

If your titles are based on # of posts, just set them in the control panel under "User Titles".

If they are custom titles for each member, then they'll need to be set in their profile - for older ones set with qasic's mod, an importer will be needed. frown It's just a matter of moving profile field numbers tho.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
The point is that in qasic's mod's time, they added X members per day to the list, but they've done it for Y months, so they'll have to add 30XY user profiles.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
- for older ones set with qasic's mod, an importer will be needed. frown It's just a matter of moving profile field numbers tho.
wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Thanks LK that's exaclty what I mean - and exactly why I NEED this hack wink I dont want to add it manually to the new registrations, it will take too much time (we compare registrations to the membership list and add several titles at once).

Never heard MFC being referred to as a "clan" before though LOLOL j/k

aleina
I guess an import script is better than nothing, since we need the titles on our board... If qasic won't update the hack, maybe he can write an import hack since there are many boards using this hack!? Or perhaps the old hack can be used on 6.3 (not sure how much the code changed)?

aleina
I have this working on 6.3x

WHat version, I assume the latest one?
Did you have to modify the hack?

smile

aleina

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63