Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Greetings.
Here it goes...

This hack would check member's last login and if it has been a specified amount of time (Like 30, 60 or 90 days) since their last log in, then the member would recieve an email letting them know that they are about to be deleted from membership to the UBB and to avoid being deleted they should log in within a reasonable amount of time (Perhaps 7 days).
The amount of time before the inactivity email is sent out should be dictated from the CP.

I'll hit the books to see if I can come up with it, but I'm realistic and admit my perl is not too good. Hopefully someone can start this.

Regards

Rabriar

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a good idea. I have no idea how many on my board are inactive. I had it up since June 2001. Could be allot. LOL

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
The UBB doesn't store the last login information.

In fact, because you aren't logged out unless you do it manually, there's no way to do so on a reliable basis.

The UBB DOES store last post data.... And the UBB also allows you to search for members based on post count, last post date, registration date, and much more.

smile

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Using the info from wol ("member last seen in...")
Couldn't that be stored somewhere then matched with the criteria (30,60 or 90 days since last active).
I think this feauture would be great, specially for free adult sites like mine laugh .
Or how about getting rid of inactive members using info from their last post, if it comes down to that, at least the hack could use the date from their last post to screen inactive members.

Rabriar

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
In theory, you could modify WOL or PNTF to write that data...... however I wouldn't imagine what the server load would be like...

Sponsored Links
I did a search using the create mailing list feature in the CP, now the question is: can it be done so instead of a mailing list, you get a list of people to delete, showing, of course, their sign up date?. I think that would do it as far as the hack goes, and it seems it'd take the same load to do it as it takes to build the mailing list, or wouldn't it?.
I tried coming up with it, but really my perl is not good enough.

Regards

Rabriar

I've asked for something similar. Even being able to mass delete users with 0 posts that registered before a certain date would be nice. We get people on that register all the time and never post. We have over 25,000 registered users, and probably 1-2000 active.

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Mass deleting users will be quite a bit easier in 6.3 - while you will still need to hit quite a few buttons, it'll go much faster. smile

Charles, one thing that would help me tremendously with this is to modify the existing results page on a member search to do the following:

1. Allow me to increase the number of users it returns on one page (so I could show up to 500 per page) and,

2. Have a "select all" type of button that would fill in the delete box.

With those two changes, I'd just be slophappy. Maybe it's time to work on my hacker skills and write something up. smile Thanks!

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
You'll get a select all (and links to take you to revised results), but not 500 per page. Many browsers start to have serious problems rendering lots of form elements on one page... take a look at primary wordlets, for instance. smile

Sponsored Links
Sorry, Charles. I didn't mean actually 500 per page, but something where I could control the number that are returned, like choices of "10/50/100/250" or a text box with a warning, like where you (used to?) warn about the number of cycles in one of the maintenance reports.

Generally, I'd use 10 or 50 per page when I'm doing general stuff, but I'd like to do more from time to time.

Regardless, the "Select All" will be very nice. smile

yes, please increase the default of display by 50 at a time to 100. For large board, it would take a lot time to time view since you have to restart from the begining.

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Not anymore. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63