Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I'm not too sure how to explain this.

Most of my boards members do not visit the main site, only the forums. I'd like to have an option for an error message to be displayed along with a redirect (much like the "Your comment has been posted" type of redirector) to the main site or a page specified in the CP if a visitor does not first access the main site.

Does this make sense?

Sponsored Links
I would think that you could just check the REFERER envorinment variable. Add code near the beginning of ULTIMATEBB.CGI before all the "if ($ubb eq 'whatever')" lines of code that checks the REFERER and if it's not from your server, redirect to a page of your choosing. Shouldn't be too hard at all.

Content Kidman
Content Kidman
If they're bookmarking your forums, perhaps they've read everything else on the site and found it doesn't change regularly.

I've been a regular member on a site and bookmarked the forums for that reason. I'm sure many of my members do it also but all I do is keep posting links to pages about the site all the time.

If somebody wants to know the latest news on a particular film, I don't tell them. I post a link to the film page in question. Hopefully this makes them explore a little. It's a bit like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes but they get the idea ... eventually.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63