Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Fixed laugh (although the error log wasn't updated)

Sponsored Links
You are a genius! How did you do it?

Ok... I noticed that on the Forum Summary, Chat Forum shows no posts, but if you click on it, all the posts are there.

I am going to rebuild everything I can in the CP but I don't know if that'll work.

Thanks!

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I guess you fixed that tipsy

Yup ;-) Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Oh... Bad news!

Ok, so Ubb Code Tags aren't working, and when you click on a members profile you get this:

Global symbol "%pm_topic" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "%pm_topic_data" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "%pm_date" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "%pm_time" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "%pm_post" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "%pm_icon" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "%pm_signature" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "%pm_to" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "%pm_from" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "$user_public_name" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "$key" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "$star" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "$read_marker_1" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "$read_marker_2" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
Global symbol "$pm_count" requires explicit package name at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84.
syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 84, near "$pm_count)"
CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi has too many errors.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Download the plain UBB zip from Infopop and rehack everything, using regular programs (such as Notepad) and regular FTP clients smile

Hmm... I have calendar set to only staff and selected members can post to the calendar. When I go to an individual users account and select the option that they can post new events to the calendar, they still can't. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

-GATOR

"Pain is temporary, Pride is forever"
Seasons Greetings,

I have just applied this mod to my board and I am well chuffed that i got it all right first time and so far all seems to be going great.

My question is this - is there a way to have a moderator notified when a new event is added?

Thanks in advance

Howard

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Give this a shot, no guarantee it'll work.

In ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
FIND:
Code
&do_add_event_general($eventtitle, $julian_day, 1, $message, $username);
ADD AFTER:
Code
	my $calendar_message = qq~$username has added a new event.
It can be found <a href="~ . $ULTIMATEBB{"ubb=calendar;date=$julian_day"} .
qq~">here. ($eventtitle)</a>~;

my $forum = 4;
my $Moderator = &build_mod_emails($forum);
&RequireCode("$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_lib_mail.cgi");
&ubb_mail_tng({
'EmailTo' => $Moderator,
'EmailFrom' => $vars_display{BBEmail},
'EmailReplyTo' => $vars_display{BBEmail},
'BCCList' => undef,
'Subject' => qq~$username has added a calendar event (Title: $eventtitle)~,
'TextMessage' => $calendar_message . " ... " . $ULTIMATEBB{"ubb=calendar;date=$julian_day"},
'HTMLMessage' => $calendar_message,
'CCList' => undef,
});
Set $forum to whichever forum who's moderators you want to know about the new event

Sponsored Links
The email layout needs a tweek but yup that works well.

Thanks for your help with this woot

Howard

I seem to have a problem with pages being cached, this seems to be stopping the main forum page from updating to new events. The calendar moves forward but the event gets stuck until you clear tge forum summary cache.

Have i done something?

Thanks

Howard

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
That is how it's supposed to work, but the cache is normally cleared more than once a day. It is cleared any time someone makes a post, as well as when any settings are changed.

I don't know what you can do with cron jobs, but it'd be relatively easy to have the cache cleared at the end of every day

Hmmm just having a quiet patch on the forum so this would explain that then. 'cron jobs' ive heard the name before but i have no idea ????

Thanks

Coder
Coder
A CRON job is the ability to schedule tasks to be completed at different intervals through out the day, week or month.

Hmmmm do they work with the cursed windows?

McJ Offline
Greetings.

Does anyone have a "working" multi-hack for Calendar on 6.7.2? Version downloaded from your Multi-hack page crashes MULTIHACK before even exporting modified files.

Thanks.

McJ.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmm.. I just re-exported it and uploaded. The new file is 5 bytes smaller than the old one, maybe it was corrupted some how.

It should work now, let me know if it doesn't smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
McJ Offline
Nope. Locks up after public_common.pl mod applied successfully. Seems to be an exporting prob. Used other mhp files and they work OK. Maybe it's just me?

If I send you my UBB files, would you try?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Did the file pass the 'analyze' mode?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
McJ Offline
Yup. Sure did. Then went on to be applied successfully. Locks when going to output. As mentioned previously, doesn't happen on other multihack files. This is the first one.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
odd, it installs fine for me using the same files. I may be able to look at your files, but it'll probably be this weekend before I can. Are you sure you have the latest forum and multi-hack files?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
LK, I was writing a modification of this for a client and I noticed that when you add an event with a topic, that the link back to the topic is incorrect. Might want to fix it, it's in ubb_new_topic.cgi

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Do you mean that it doesn't use the %ULTIMATEBB hash? Or is it really wrong? Because it looks fine to me...

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
I can't find where I did it, but the link was showing up as

http://www.domain.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=;t=

or something like that

I ended up doing something like

$pleh = "ubb=get_topic;f=$f;t=$thread";
print $ULTIMATEBB{$pleh};

Bit wierd and funny:

I had to uncheck, clear cache and check Show today's events in forum summary and clear cache again to get it all working correctly?

Just for someone's knowledge.

Is there a way to modify settings to show upcoming events for the month on the main ubb page instead of how it currently shows events which is basically the events that will happen that day.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
It's not possible as easily, though you can make a sidebar and use the ubb_calendar_ssi iframe to see the small calendar box.

I may be looking into making it like you want it to be when I'm back to my computer in about a week.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I must say that I do like the idea of showing "Events of the Month" vs "Events of the Day"...

Also showing perhaps links on day's with events when using the small calendar view which go to the calendar to display the happenings would be sweet...

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
quote:
Also showing perhaps links on day's with events when using the small calendar view which go to the calendar to display the happenings would be sweet...
I thought it was already doing that confused (note: it doesn't do that for birthdays, because there is a birthday almost every day in big boards).

Content Queen
Content Queen
help Long time no post.

I just have discovered a problem with the calendar--after having it installed for over a year and a half! tipsy

In the control panel at the calendar, I have calendar set to only staff and selected members can post to the calendar.

Last night, we had a newbie post a new topic and ADD that topic to the calendar. eek

I have several forums that allow that option (i.e. posting a new topic to the calendar), but I *thought* only admin/mods could do so.

It seems like, however, anyone can add a new topic to the calendar in those forums.

Is there any way that I can change that--without the admin/mods losing the ability to post new topics to the calendar?

Am I making sense?!

---

Also, the K.I.S.S. method works best for me--it's been a LONG time since I've taken a gander at code! tipsy

Thanks!

Sue
adwoff.com
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Nice catch, I guess you're the first person to enable staff-only event posting and new topic event posting all together. smile

ubb_new_topic.cgi: (untested)
Find: (twice)
Code
	my @forums = split(/ /, $vars_calendar{calendar_forum});
Add below:
Code
@forums = split(/ /, 'hey sue') if ($user_profile[8] ne 'Administrator' && $user_profile[8] ne 'MegaModerator' && $user_profile[8] ne 'Moderator');
---

laugh (what's K.I.S.S method? tipsy )

Content Queen
Content Queen
Originally posted by LK:

(what's K.I.S.S method? )
laugh Keep It Simple, Stupid! (with me being da stupid party wink tipsy )

Thanks, LK.

I'll give it a shot.

---

ETA--looks like it works! ( smash on wood)

Thanks, LK! thumbsup

Sue
adwoff.com
McJ Offline
Awesome mod!!!

One question. If, at a later date, I upgrade or decide to restore my originally "modded" files and remove the calender mod, am I screwed?

i.e. does this mod change anything in my member data files, or anything else that would prevent me from uninstalling at a later time if I choose to?

Thanks again,

Justin.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Shouldn't change anything in the member data file - it used to add the birthdate, but now that's in the base code smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
McJ Offline
Greetings fellow UBB'ers.

Another question. Some of you may remember my problem with an incredibly slow forum, even tho I'm on a dedicated server. My board is HERE

Anyways, I've noticed that since including the calendar mod, it's slowed down a little more, so I have this question.

Do the sub-routines in the calendar mod engage when the calendar isn't being viewed? i.e. for normal navigation around the forum WITHOUT accessing the calendar, is the mod at all used?

Please note tho, the mod is just awesome!!! I hope InfoPop/Groupee include this in their next update.

Greetings from Old Portsmouth, England. rockon

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I don't believe the calendar is run unless you have it included to run with the birthday listing).

Also, you can speed up your forum by making some archive forums and dumping old posts into it; you don't really want more than 10k posts in a forum, you should keep it well under it; it should speed you up quite a bit

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
McJ Offline
Originally posted by Gizzy:

I don't believe the calendar is run unless you have it included to run with the birthday listing).
Hi Gizzy.

What do you mean, "included to run with the birthday listing" ?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
In the control panel, when you rebuild member stats, you also rebuild the calendar birthday list. I guess Gizzy means that unless you choose to rebuild member stats (it doesn't do it on its own, only when you either upgrade the board or specifically tell it to rebuild), it shouldn't make your board any slower.

McJ Offline
Hi LK.

Yes, I see. Also, I have noticed that the option "Show avatar in birthdays?" was also selected. This would mean, as each post is made, the routine would run to see whether or not the member had a birthday, and if so display the member icon.

I have disabled this option, and performance has improved somewhat.

b/w LK. This is a great mod. Congratulations. And congratulations on this site also! Most excellent resource.

Gizzy. Yes, I have been in touch with InfoPop on the performance in general, and they also advised culling the posts/upgrading to Threads.

I think I'll end up upgrading, however, because it's awfully nice to see a forum section with half a million posts wink

Thanks to you both again.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849