Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Name: Application Forms v4.1.8

Author: Corona

Description: Creates a fully customized form (textboxes, checkboxes, radio buttons and select lists) to display on a website. Submitted form data is added to a new thread in a setable forum. Form records can be managed with built-in functions by moderators and administrators. Application Forms communicate to the original form submitter via configurable email messages.

Requirements: UBB 6.4 and Sticky Threads 6.4

Tested On: UBB v6.4.0 with Sticky Threads 6.4 by Gizzy

Credits: Allen Ayres for providing UBBDev.com as well as maintaining Mod Wordlets, Gizzy for maintaining Sticky Threads, Jordo for producing Sticky Threads, Bookie for providing the buttons, and all UBBDev Hack Authors

Purpose: Application Forms is an add-on to the Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB) which enables a website to display a fully customizable input form ( Example Screenshot of a Custom Form ). Administrators create a custom form through the UBB's control panel interface. After a custom form is created, the form is displayed on a website and accessed by an end user to request and gather data. Forms can be displayed in a shtml page by using SSI, or as a standalone page using the UBB's style templates.

When data is entered into the custom Form and submitted by an end user, the data entered into the form is posted to a new thread in any selectable UBB message forum -- the data is placed into a record and neatly displayed to users who have the appropriate access permissions to view the forum. An optional customizable email message is sent to the user who submitted the form (which by default) indicates that the form has been recieved successfully. A preview of the data entered into the form is also included in the reply email.

Admin functions are provided which give an administrator or moderator various automated functions that can be executed on any form. Custom email messages are shipped to the individual who submitted a form when an admin or mod performs admin functions on the submitted form. Admin functions provide various scripting options which can sticky/unsticky a thread, grant or deny the form submitter private access to any forums, provide status reports, edit any submitted form, email a custom message, etc... Forms can be managed by moderators with a set of features included with this release.

This release is appropriate for gathering data with an Application type form for a game guild, private club, or private member organization. While this release can be used to display any custom form that is desired, and performs varying tasks for various status settings, the included admin functions may not be appropriate for some situations. However, the forms do not require the use of Admin functions, (forms will work perfectly fine without using the admin functions). Please read more about the admin functions for further information.

Screenshots, Information and Download:
Application Form Mods Information and Download

Demo:
Demo the Mod - Gaming Form View
Demo the Mod - Forum View

Support Questions? Feel free to post your support problems here, or contact me via email if in desperate need.

Sponsored Links
Both of these links are deadlinks...

Sorry, power's been cutting in and out lately due to the snow storms. My DNS server lost power. Links should work as soon as the DNS globally populates.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
nice update corona laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
AWESOME update Corona! Installation was a breeze! smile

Sponsored Links
When I click the View button, I get the following error:

quote:
No form profile found for '000002'. I was looking for /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/ubb//000002.app', but simply can not find it. I'm very upset. Please Rebuild the applicants file, and if error persists, check for file existence.

Backtrace: ultimatebb.cgi:964 -> sub main::search_applicants
Backtrace: ubb_applicants.cgi:53 -> sub main::LoadTemplate
Backtrace: ubb_lib.cgi:2122 -> sub main::RequireCodeNoINC
Backtrace: ubb_lib.cgi:849 -> sub (eval)
Backtrace: public_applicant_search_results.pl:54 -> sub main::OpenAppProfile
Backtrace: ubb_applicants_misc.cgi:232 -> sub main::Tracer
Should I panic!? help

Thanks Allen! I almost forgot whom maintained Mod Wordlets tipsy

Bob, glad the installation went well for you.

Regarding the view option error -- thanks for the report, sadly it appears to be a bug. For instance, the error produced is stating that the file listed at location can not be found: /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/ubb//000002.app'. This path should contain the directory name of a specific forum. I'll have a bug fix available by tomorrow evening. Is only the view option affected for you?

So far it only appears to be the View command that has the problem. I will look out for the bug fix.

thumbsup

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Ferguson:
So far it only appears to be the View command that has the problem. I will look out for the bug fix.
Bug fix completed. v4.1.5 has been updated with the bug fix. I sent you a PM with instructions on how to repair the bug on your forum.

Let me know if this takes care of your problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Corona:
quote:
[qb]Originally posted by Bob Ferguson:
So far it only appears to be the [b]View command that has the problem. I will look out for the bug fix.[/qb]
Bug fix completed. v4.1.5 has been updated with the bug fix. I sent you a PM with instructions on how to repair the bug on your forum.

Let me know if this takes care of your problems. [/b]
Hi,

Been working on this mod as well. So could i have the fix as well?

One other minor thinkie.

In public_application_login:

Code
[/code]should be
[code]

Sponsored Links
After I uploaded the 3 bug fixed files & did the script replacement in the ultimatebb.cgi file, I got the following error when I attempted to login board. I then uploaded the backup ultimatebb.cgi file, logged in forum, tried the View button, & it WORKED! It seems that the 3 bug fixed files corrected the original problem & not necessary to make the script change in the ultimatebb.cgi file. What do you think?

quote:
Software error:

Execution of ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

quote:
One other minor thinkie.

Code
[/code]should be
[code]
Hmmmmmmm, It makes a lot of sense! I'm going to give this a try.

Thanks twslex! smash

quote:
After I uploaded the 3 bug fixed files & did the script replacement in the ultimatebb.cgi file, I got the following error when I attempted to login board. I then uploaded the backup ultimatebb.cgi file, logged in forum, tried the View button, & it WORKED! It seems that the 3 bug fixed files corrected the original problem & not necessary to make the script change in the ultimatebb.cgi file. What do you think?

quote:
[qb]Software error:

Execution of ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.[/qb]

Well, the only thing that changed in the little bug fix i sent you was a library load to ubb_applicants_misc.cgi instead of ubb_applicants.cgi. If you load ubb_applicants.cgi, it will still work, however it will be slower and more memory extensive then doing a direct include of ubb_applicants_misc.cgi. Im gonna take a stab in the dark here, but im gonna geuss that the cut/copy/paste might of inserted some special characters. try typing in the change without using cut/copy paste from the pm. Rather simple, all that needs to be added is: _misc Try this, and lemme know how it goes.

quote:
Originally posted by twslex:

Hi,

Been working on this mod as well. So could i have the fix as well?

Sure thing, i sent it to you via email. Please let me know how this works out for you.

quote:
[qb]Originally posted by twslex:

should be

[/qb]
Well, the refer variable tells the application forms where to direct the person at various times. Changing the refer variable to $vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=adv_form (note: .cgi instead of .pl) may work for the application_login page (depends on php accelerator configuration to be honest, as well as what page the user is coming from). Yet, other pages may not redirect unless you hardcode those too.

I do not know the setup of your board, the setup in the control panel, or on which page your really having troubles with transitions. These all have an effect on how transitions work.

Before committing to hardcoded changes, you may want to try turning 'Display Style Template Header and Footer or Use SSI:' to 'Yes, Use Template Header and Footer'. This setting should setup redirection to work properly on a standard install. If you set this option to 'NO', it requires the use of SSI (aka shtml virtual includes) to display the form as well as transition through the pages properly. If the option is set to NO and you are not using an SSI virtual include shtml page, redirection to many forms will not work at all, and various browsers will blow multiple errors while viewing the forms.

If you still have problems with transitions after changing the 'Display Style Template Header and Footer or Use SSI' setting in the control panel to 'yes', leave the setting at 'yes' and try this:

Disable all of the following registration options: Moderate Registration Requests, Verify User Email Address During Registration, Duplicate Email Check, Children's Online Privacy Protection [COPPA] and set COPPA Approval Type to Allow Online Registration. (yes, all of these effect transitions)

Test transitions through the pages which you were experiencing troubles with.

If the pages transition properly, try turning each option on one at a time, and retest transitions.

If you find a setting which throws off the transitions, lemme know, and i'll get it fixed asap. I have tested the various transition settings myself, but couldn't find a problem (transitions all worked OK for me). I also did not notice any new changes to ubb's 6.4 code which would effect transitions in a negative manner. The only thing i haven't tested myself is pages which use frames to display the forms, but i seriously doubt that frames would cause a transition problem.

quote:
Rather simple, all that needs to be added is: _misc Try this, and lemme know how it goes.
You were right! I manually typed in _misc in the ultimatebb.cgi file & it was error free when logging in...Thanks!

quote:
I do not know the setup of your board, the setup in the control panel, or on which page your really having troubles with transitions. These all have an effect on how transitions work.

Before committing to hardcoded changes, you may want to try turning 'Display Style Template Header and Footer or Use SSI:' to 'Yes, Use Template Header and Footer'. This setting should setup redirection to work properly on a standard install. If you set this option to 'NO', it requires the use of SSI (aka shtml virtual includes) to display the form as well as transition through the pages properly. If the option is set to NO and you are not using an SSI virtual include shtml page, redirection to many forms will not work at all, and various browsers will blow multiple errors while viewing the forms.
If i change it towards use SSI, the redirect won't work. That is, i get the message, sit tight... we are and so on and then u have to wait forever.

twslex,

Hrm. In the control panel, configuration settings, do you have the UBB.classic Accelerator enabled?

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
if it wouldn't be updated constantly i'd offer to host it on my OC12... Nice work though, looks quite promising smile .

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
I thought added features/functionality was a good thing. smile The mod's huge, and requires alot of upkeep on my end. Thanks Gizzy for the hosting offer though.

quote:
twslex,

Hrm. In the control panel, configuration settings, do you have the UBB.classic Accelerator enabled?
On the main board it is, on the test board it isn't. So that's why at first i didn't notice it, but after putting it on the main board it gave this error.

twslex,

That explains it. I can also replicate the problem here with php acceleration enabled. I never used php acceleration on my boards due to all the hacks (earlier hacks just didn't like the accelerator). However, for good measure, i'll incorporate a fix for php compatability in the next version release. Shouldn't take me long.

BTW, that line which you recomended earlier -- if it works for you, go with it. But use .cgi instead of .pl. Its the proper way to fix the incompatability for transitions (or turn off the php accelerator). And thank you for tracking down this incompatability!

New Version 4.1.6 Released!

• Now php accelerator compatable
  • Improved efficiency (memory, cpu and disk access)
  • Cleaner reply pages
  • Fixed bug which would cause form forum to be unreadable if an application file became corrupted

Upgrade from v4.1.5 to v4.1.6 Instructions are found here: Upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.1.6 Instructions

Download the full version here: Application Forms V4.1.6

If you experience any troubles, please let me know!

Corona:

Here is an interesting/crazy scenerio. After I fill-in the the blanks to the application form & click the Submit button, it gives its normal success message, then says 'sit tight', and all of a sudden it redirects too shoutbox.html at a url I don't have anymore. what file could possibly be telling Application Form to do that?

help

quote:
Corona:

Here is an interesting/crazy scenerio. After I fill-in the the blanks to the application form & click the Submit button, it gives its normal success message, then says 'sit tight', and all of a sudden it redirects too shoutbox.html at a url I don't have anymore. what file could possibly be telling Application Form to do that?

help
should be in the file vars_diplay.cgi.

It can be accessed through the control panel -- From the primary settings menu, select General Display Settings -- Your Homepage URL. At least this is the variable which the appforms use to forward after submitting a form.

Ug, bug got away.

If you upgraded to v4.1.6 before the time listed on this post, redownload the zip and replace ubb_applicants.cgi

This is a critical bug and the file needs to be replaced. Even if in question, replace it.

Bug effects editing an applicant to vote status. If done, the record will become stuck.

4.1.6 with bug fix can be downloaded here:
Application Forms V4.1.6

Sorry about that.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Hey Corona, you may want to test this mod's compatability with 6.5 since sticky threads are now a standard feature, just to be sure it works wink ...

Thanks for all the assistance, I hope to watch this mod grow hehe...

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Indeed Gizzy, will release a mod for 6.5 in the future.

New Version 4.1.7 Released!

• Rebuilding Applicant Stat Files now indicates rebuild progress
  • Updated Control panel now uses CP style settings
  • Updated Control Panel Settings, field colors now alternate
  • Improved Control Panel Templates ease of use

Upgrade from v4.1.6 to v4.1.7 Instructions are found here: Upgrade from 4.1.6 to 4.1.7 Instructions

Download the full version here: Application Forms V4.1.7

If you experience any troubles, please let me know!

I'm getting a dead link when I click the Upgrade from 4.1.6 to 4.1.7 Instructions link help

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Yup, I think bob killed it frown ... jk, its down Corona (2:18 A).

Sorry, should be back up.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
It works smile thank you corona...

I upgraded to v4.1.7, but getting the following error when I click the Application Form Settings from the Primary Settings in the CP:
quote:
An error has occurred:

Undefined subroutine &main::AppFormSettings called at cp.cgi line 986.
Backtrace: cp.cgi:986 -> sub UBBCGI::Carp::die
Backtrace: Carp.pm:82 -> sub UBBCGI::Carp::fatalsToBrowser
Backtrace: Carp.pm:146 -> sub main::StandardHTML2
Backtrace: cp_lib.cgi:130 -> sub main::Tracer
What did I do wrong this time? help

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Bob, did you re-hack the files by chance?

Hello Bob,

Rehack cp.cgi with the upgrade directions found here:

http://test.altereddestiny.net/appformscreenshots/upgrade_4.1.6_to_4.1.7.txt

Should take care of your problem.

I havn't tried this on 6.5 - recently upgraded from 6.2.1 > 6.5 and only need this Hack to get my Guild off my back. Are you going to make it so it uses the Featured Post from 6.5 instead of needing Sticky Threads?

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Painfool:
I havn't tried this on 6.5 - recently upgraded from 6.2.1 > 6.5 and only need this Hack to get my Guild off my back. Are you going to make it so it uses the Featured Post from 6.5 instead of needing Sticky Threads?

Thanks!
Yes, a new version will be released for Ubb6.5 which will use featured posts to replace sticky threads.

Probably will be a few weeks, im currently working on finishing a final version for 6.4. Once complete, a copy for ubb6.5 will be released.

Painfool, were you using the older versions of the applications form mod for ubb6.2.1?

Yes. Worked quite well too! Had to make a few adjustments due to the color scheme problems in the initial release but it has been a god send smile Jonsing now that it is unavailable to us. Please hurry laugh

You can contact me at [email protected] when its done or if you need a beta tester.

Thanks for the great mod!

Ed Offline
Corona,
I too am looking forward the 6.5 version and will gladly test it for you.

Painfool -- i think you'll be pleased to see the additions of the newer versions. Also, the color problems you were experiencing in 2.1.2 have been repaired in later versions.

Thanks for the offers Painfool and Ed for testing! I'll definately take you up on the offer.

Still working on the next version for ubb6.4. Many of the changes are transparent, no visible new features yet. Lot of work done to the control panel - less memory use, cleaner routines, etc. A registered version will also become available which allows a form template to be changed without having to delete all the applicants.

Good news is, so far, hacking will not be required to upgrade to the next version. Simply replace the 4.1.7 files to upgrade. tipsy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63