Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#203613 08/29/1999 4:23 PM
If this topic got your attention good!
You may know me from around here. I also moderate community building forum at virtual promote (The largest and online community resources for webmasters & promotion)
I want to invite some wwwthreads supporters to get over to my conference
(Yes I like WWWThreads as my post in Conference Software Topic will indicate--)
but I will make similar posts to this on some other forum boards as well)
Come over, get some good info and resources and make a plug for how WWWTHREADS helps you to build your community---or just here some other folks ideas:>

Thats the Community Building forum at:
http://www.gethighforums.com

renee (who thinks UBB is slow as mollasses)

Sponsored Links
I have Ubb too.

Threads is MORE powerful

BUT
UBB is much more pretty.:-)

Ubb also doesnt really use many resources because the posts are HTML files instead of .pl files, when browsing through UBB boards you generate many less processes but UBB doesnt have real threads which sucks bad, its not fully threaded and that sucks!!!

Kaoslord
www.chaos-productions.com

Journeyman
Journeyman
Ubb more pretty? All you have do is a little customizing and this can look pretty too.What difference does it make on how it looks as long as it performs and perform wwwthreads does.Comparing ubb to this software is like comparing a yugo to a mercedes.I replaced ubb with wwwthreads and my users are more than happy with perfomance not to mention my server being happy because it doesn't have to load the bloated ubb script anymore.
Bob
[email protected]
http://www.extreme-vb.net

Rapt0r #203617 09/02/1999 5:16 AM
>Ubb more pretty? All you have do is a little customizing and this can look pretty too.

Then why not make it look pretty;), this is the feedback room so I am giving my opinion. I have already stated that threads is much more powerful. I think that the tables etc on threads should be re-designed though:)

Sponsored Links
Kaosload--I need you! over at my forum..:)

Lets give the folks purchasing a reason to think about wwwthreads as an alternative... Come and say these things in UBB territory..
(well almost UBB territory--I put out my recommendations as Lost cost solution-wwwthreads, High end-MOTET, attempted middle--still watching iforums and communityware)

Backup needed at http://www.gethighforums.com

Power User
Power User
Our virtual host shut us down. Their complaint was that UBB was using up all of their resources. Granted, our membership quadrupled overnight, but we haven't had a single complaint from the host since switching to wwwThreads.

Cecilia :-)

I have UBB also (Up and Running). That is the major difference to me. I'm looking to find another wwwThreads that is up and running. The only one I have ever seen is this one.

Bob

Guru
Guru
You can go to http://www.wwwthreads.com/customers.html for a partial list of sites that have WWWThreads running, which include A&E Networks, Playboy, Maybelline, Extensis and more.

---
Scream
http://www.wcsoft.net

UBB.threads Developer
Sally #203622 10/25/1999 12:07 AM
Ubb has allot of people using it over 100,000 sites here is my customised version wwwthreads has some nice features though, I wish it had (the private message feature, icq hack + thread listsing)

Sponsored Links
Ubb really sux. I took a long hard look at it and did a poll with my users. wwwthreads won hands down.

I am not sure your post here is very legit anyway. Not to mention the large screen grab you added. This is not a place to advertise your board or UBB.

Scream - I think you should remove his post from the board.

>>Scream - I think you should remove his post from the board.<<

I have UBB up and running. I also have wwwThreads up and running. I don't think Scream has anything to worry about. I will be taking UBB down soon. I find the wwwThreads is more of a professional system. It seems to me that UBB is meant more for the novice. Kind of like a hobby board.

Bob

I did not intend to advertise, I already have my fair shair of people on my on the website over 45,000. Besides This is the 'Ubb Vs wwwthreads' thread. So I was giving my point. I have already removed the screen shot of my forums, sorry if it offended people.

How did you get that image to appear? I need to have a gif display on one of my post (on my board).

Bob

Journeyman
Journeyman
If the forum supports HTML, simply code in the appropriate HTML tags for images (img src=). Be sure that the image is located whereever you reference the code.

If HTML isn't allowed, you can always use the img markup language available through these boards. Click on the "Markup in your posts" link when making a reply for information. Basically, the image markup allows the same thing as HTML. But instead you simply reference the location of the image, without having to do any other coding.

The boards here, from what I've seen, allow both HTML and markup. The forums I run only allow HTML on some, and markup on all. Quite easy to do.

Danbo
http://danbo.com
http://danbo.com/forums/wwwthreads.pl

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63