Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#203787 03/06/1999 2:25 PM
Guru
Guru
Been getting alot of email wanting to know the current status of development. So, just to clue you all in at once, here we go:

After releasing 3.0, I wanted to take a step back from the program (on the coding side) and just concentrate on promoting it. I learned after working on the 2.x versions, that it's really easy to get burnt out on a program, because I did after releasing 2.8. I had spent so much time on the program that I got to the point where I hated it, and I didn't want that to happen again. So, right now I am taking a breather and I am not doing any development.

When I do jump back into coding, probably within the next week or 2, I still will not be spending all of my time on the project. Although I do enjoy seeing the program put to good use, I also have my job and family that both require an equal amount of time. So new versions will come, but I'm not going to crank them out on an everyday basis. If you need a feature at this very moment, you will either need to put it in yourself or maybe someone who frequents the boards can help you with it, I also will help where I can.

Anyhow, now that we have that taken care of, here are some of the plans for the next release. Remember that these are just plans, they may or may not make it in.

-HTML and or Markup will be able to be enabled/disabled on a per board basis.
-Security levels will be finished, so you can have some boards invisible for some users.
-Unread posts will be moved over to a database, so the only cookies that will be used are the ones that will store your Username and Password. You will also be able to mark all posts as read, when this is finished. This will also take care of the problem of posts that you make showing up as unread.
-More admin features, like moving threads to other boards, forum categories, purging old private messages, forum archiving.
-You will also be able to either delete users, or mark them as inactive, not sure which way I am going to go on this one yet.
-More fields in the profile, that you can edit to whatever you like.

These are just some of the more major changes coming. It is not a complete list or a definite list, but this should give you an idea of what's coming.

---
'If it's worth doing, It's worth doing loudly'
Scream

UBB.threads Developer
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63