Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#203836 06/03/1999 10:38 AM
Guru
Guru
Well, this is probably going to be the most unpopular thing I could announce, but I do have a good reason. A friend of mine, and I have decided to start creating an entire suite of applications that will run under mySQL. These will include, but not be limited to Discussion Forums, Banner ad rotations, Classified ads, Chat programs, Personal Ads, etc. The goal behind this would be for anyone to create a community website with the tools and scripts that we will offer, with a common mySQL backend. This part is the good news for everyone.

The bad news for some, is that this will be a commercial project. Which means the license for WWWThreads will change. The current version will be available for free use, possibly with a few admin limitations, which still should fill most people's needs. WWWThreads Pro will be available for purchase. One license will allow you to run as many instances of the program as needed under a single domain. If you will be running under multiple domains you will need to purchase multiple licenses. The cost for one license will be $75 USD. This will be a lifetime license that will allow for unlimited updates. Once you purchase a license you will have access with your forum username and password to get into the members area to download WWWThreads Pro. Licensed users will also have access to special forums that I will be setting up soon as well.

Currently payment will only be accepted via check or money order but credit card orders will be available in the future. Order information will be available on the main wwwthreads website.

I know this is going to be met with criticism, but I have thought this out quite a bit and in comparison with many of the other forum packages this seems to be pretty reasonable.

If you are still reading and haven't left in disgust[]/forumimages/wink.gif[/] you might be interested in what will be coming to WWWThreads. Major work will be done on the administration section resulting in more intuitive administration. More variables will be controlled through the admin section instead of having to edit the variables file. Real moderation is another high priority where posts will only be shown after being approved by a moderator, of course this will be configurable so you don't have to have the posts moderated. The main focus is going to remain easy customization and reliability for large scale sites.

I am also working on a program for new users that they can run from the command line or from a webpage that will tell them if they have all the required modules to run the program.

There is a lot in store for WWWThreads and for the other programs I have mentioned. I know a good portion of current users may decide not to buy a licensed version, or they might decide to go with another piece of software, but for those that do stick around hopefully you will not be disappointed.

---
Scream
http://www.screamingweb.com

UBB.threads Developer
Sponsored Links
Sally #203837 06/03/1999 12:25 PM
Guru
Guru
Oh, I also will be working on the multi-language requests. Once I get ready I will put out a language file for people to translate to various languages, and then I can release those various language versions. More than likely those that do a language translation will get a free license for WWWThreads Pro.

---
Scream
http://www.screamingweb.com

UBB.threads Developer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63