Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#203876 07/26/1999 6:43 PM
Guru
Guru
Well, I figure it is about time to post some new info. More feedback has been coming in from W3T Pro users. I have also been getting quite a few large corporations buying the program, and I have been thinking quite a bit on the future of the program. All of this leads to one thing. A makeover of the program.

This is one of those cases where I wish I knew then what I knew now, because there are quite a few things I would have done differently. And alot of the things planned for future features will require things to be done differently. So, it's about time to take the plunge and get these things taken care of. I am going to finish up with all of the current language translations and fix any current bugs and providing support for the current releases, but the main project is going to be the recoding.

There are several reasons for doing this. The main reason is the program can be much better. It's hard to tell the best way of doing things when you first start out on a project. WWWThreads has gone through several evolutions. Flat text, PERL db, SQL. Each time, I learn something new and realize how I can make it better. Well, it has gotten to that point again. This won't be a total redesign, but alot of the underlying functionality will be redone, to perform better under heavy loads and work better under the various SQL engines. There have been quite a few suggestions on the feature wishlist board that just cannot be done with the current version and this will help get those in as well.

What I would like to see and hear is what you think the most important features are. Or something that you think should be done differently. This won't come around to often[]/forumimages/icons/wink.gif[/] so if there is something major that needs to be done nows the chance.

I know this will probably come as bad news for some that were hoping for a quicker upgrade path, but as they say, sometimes you have to take a step back before you can move forward. Hopefully in the end it will be clear why this is being done.

If you have any questions feel free to discuss them on one of the forums. Your input and suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I do the redesign.

---
Scream
http://www.screamingweb.com

UBB.threads Developer
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Forum Statistics
Forums63