Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207894 01/30/2001 11:07 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to enable the preferences for viewing other's pictures in their profiles, and viewing user's pictures with their posts. My site will be very visually-oriented, and I want those options enabled by default. I just did a big search, and the best hint I could find was from the Perl version, which reinforced what I found when I went code-hunting myself. It looks like I'm supposed to edit themes.inc.php, the "PicturePosts" option? The problem is, that option doesn't do anything. Users are still created with those options both set to "No" by default.

I did some hunting and grepping, and it looks to me like that option in themes.inc.php doesn't even control the option to view other user's pictures in their posts anyway. Not sure exactly how to go about this now. It looks to me like I will need to modify the query in adduser.php to set the user's defaults for those options?

I'm doing quite a bit of extension of your code, but I'm trying to keep as much of it as possible external to your code, since it looks like the PHP version is still sort of in flux. If I'm going to be installing updates frequently then I don't want to be doing hours of diff merges each time I do that.

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
This is a glitch with some of the config/theme settings. $theme[PicturePosts] should be set to "on" or "off" instead of 1/0.

UBB.threads Developer
There are several things you should look at to get the pictures with posts:

1) Make sure your board is set up to side view:
$theme['post_format'] = "side";

2) Then make sure that picture viewing is on:
$theme['PictureView'] = "on";

3) Finally, set the picture posts to on as well:
$theme['PicturePosts'] = "on";

Also, it looks like the default for PicturePosts in the w3t_Users table may be set to off. If you want that on, by default, so that everyone who signs up has it set to on, then run the following command from your mysql command prompt (remember, anytime you make significant changes to any table, always be sure to backup the database!!!)

ALTER TABLE w3t_Users MODIFY U_PicturePosts char(3) DEFAULT 'on';

That should help you out.

---------
Shalazar
www.charisma-carpenter.com

I figured that out from the previous question about passwords, and from grepping through the code. The problem is that it didn't seem to do anything even when I used 'on'.

Ahh!! Okay, yes, I didn't even think to edit the table definition. Stupid Keslin! Stupid Keslin. Thanks mucho, it would have taken me a few minutes with the MySQL docs to figure out the syntax even if I had thought of that, you just saved me a lot of trouble.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849