Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hello,

I decided to make the jump, and installed the 5.1.6 PHP version of WWWThreads. I currently have the 5.1.2 PERL version installed also (both pointing to the same MySQL database).

I get an ERROR "only" while logged on "as" admin, while on the wwwthreads.php location (Main Index). I do not get this error, or any other error, while logged on as a regular forum user. The error is as follows:

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /usr2/home/ncaastrategies.com/htdocs/php/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 58
Seeya! Got error 134 from table handler: 1030
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr2/home/ncaastrategies.com/htdocs/php/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 71

Any thoughts? Any Advice? Help on this matter is much appreciated. Thanks....

- Da Birk
http://www.ncaastrategies.com

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
Error 134 usually means table corruption. Unfortunately the error message doesn't state which table is giving that error. So, what you can try do to, or have your host do is run isamchk on your database files to check for table corruption.

UBB.threads Developer
Journeyman
Journeyman
Scream,
In reply to:

Error 134 usually means table corruption. Unfortunately the error message doesn't state which table is giving that error. So, what you can try do to, or have your host do is run isamchk on your database files to check for table corruption.

Thank you for the suggestion []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/] .

Before I go ahead with this, I'd like to add a few more variables I might have over-looked []/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/] , or failed to mention []/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/] .

Again, this is the problem I posted prior in this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) I get an ERROR "only" while logged on "as" admin, while on the wwwthreads.php location (Main Index). I do not get this error, or any other error, while logged on as a regular forum user. The error is as follows:

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /usr2/home/ncaastrategies.com/htdocs/php/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 58
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr2/home/ncaastrategies.com/htdocs/php/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 71

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Ok.... in addition, I have been getting this strange behaviour for quite some time now. This again, only occurs when I'm logged in "as" the admin, and only within the General Discussion forum exclusively. Apparently, "as" admin., I am not able to track new posts within this particular forum. All posts remain as "new". See below :

[]http://www.ncaastrategies.com/images/bbs_picts/wt_error.gif[/]

3) When I enter this same General Discussion, on the PHP version, "as" the admin., I get this following error :

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr2/home/ncaastrategies.com/htdocs/php/forums/mysql.inc.php:58) in /usr/home/ncaastrategies.com/htdocs/php/forums/postlist.php on line 277

So the only problems, or errors, that occur are when I am logged on "as" admin, and within (or relate to) the General Discussion forum exclusively. Otherwise, when I log on as my regular forum user "Forum Tester", all is fine throughout all forums on both the PERL and PHP version.

I've ran many isamchk(s) in the past with my host to resolve a past error (see this thread here). And I could very well request another ... , but... , is there any other specific information I could offer my host on the matter? Or... , could I resolve the matter by recreating my own admin identity within the forums (how?)? All in all, don't you agree this is something specific to me as an admin?

Any additional help is very much appreciated. I very eagerly await any reply ....

- Da Birk

Guru
Guru
Ok, it looks like the table corruption problem is in the w3t_Last table. Sometimes table corruption doesn't affect the entire table but just a small portion of it. The w3t_Last table holds your last on times for each board, and this is probably why you are getting all of those messages marked as new on that forum. You could try to delete all of your records from the w3t_Last table, and that might fix it. It will reset all of your new counters but once you visit each forum if this works everything will go back to normal.

To do this you would use a direct SQL command. If your admin's username was admin it would look like this:

DELETE FROM w3t_Last WHERE L_Username='admin';

If you still get the errors then you will need to have them run the isamchk program to track down the corruption.

UBB.threads Developer
Sally #208745 03/08/2001 12:37 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Scream,
In reply to:

If you still get the errors then you will need to have them run the isamchk program to track down the corruption.

Ultimately, this is what I had to do, because the DELETE FROM w3t_Last WHERE L_Username='admin'; did not resolve the problem completely.

My host's reply :

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The index for w3t_Last was corrupt. I ran isamchk on it, and it should be
fine now.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And it is fine indeed, on every instance! []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]

Thanks Scream... it is very appreciated! []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]

- Da Birk

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63