Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi:

I installed apache/php/etc on a local server (win 2000. I used a program called nusphere wich install everything needed to run wwwthreads). I created a mysql database called wwwthreads using phpmyadmin (I dont know where I am supodsed to set the password there, so I am using the same pasword I use to login to win2000. Probably a mistake but I dont even get there).

What'a happening is something like this:
I set everything (afaik) on config.inc.php and main.inc.php, when I try to run createtable.php I get the following error:

Warning: failed opening 'C:\Progarm Files usphere\apache\htdocs\wwwthreads\config inc.php for inclusion (include path=") in main.inc.php on line 13
(and several mor like this)

What I don't understand is this: I set the path correctly on main.inc.php. However there is an error wit the path that it shows here (it should be program files\nusphere...at least). So I changed that path in main.inc.php to some other path (that I know it's wrong) but when I run it again it still shows the same error path, so that means that it didn't try to look in the new wrong path that I set.... Does this make sense to someone???

Sorry if this is confusing, I tried to explain it as clear as possible (but I am confused). BTW I tested if php worked, if this was a php enabled directory and so by succesfullly running a simple php instruction (phpinfo, it worked perfectly)

Hope someone can help me..let me know if you need any more info...

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Use / instead of \ in your paths.
Bob

[b]Extreme VB Forums -[/b] Visual Basic Help

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks for your reply. I tried that (even though in my windows system the paths seem to be \ ). Anyway, and this is the weird part, I got exactly the same error messsage (with the same path that it told me it couldn' find the first time). It seems that no matter what I put as the path in main.inc.php, the program tries to look somewhere else (that I don't know where and when I set).

I am sure this is a stupid error that I must have made (there is no logic in this...)

Journeyman
Journeyman
I just become a member!!! It's so ironic that the reason for my promotion was that I screwed what was suposed to be an easy installation..but I guess people will forget about that eventually []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]

Just joking...hope someone sees what's wrong here because I already tried everything... i was so surprised when I was able to install everything needed on my computer, apache, php etc...not that I did anything, it was all thanks to this wonderful nusphere package (let me know if you would like more info on this) but I don't want to give up now...

Journeyman
Journeyman
In reply to:

it was all thanks to this wonderful nusphere package (let me know if you would like more info on this)

Yes PLEASE! I've been trying to get php (local files) to run in my browser for a couple of weeks, installed mysql, php, and apache I think I tried just about everything but never did get things to run right.

Thanks in Advance!!

Scott Cargill -WebMaster
East Hills Kung Fu San Soo

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Here it goes, not that much to say actually:

I just went to www.nusphere.com and downloaded the mysql pacckage (around 20 mb). Teh instalation runs from a browser and is very easy. It installs apache, mysql, perl and many mod somethings (mod perl, etc).

According to the posts in links-sql forum (were I got the link to the program) installing these things by themselves is very easy. Took a look at the readme files and just that looks intimidating... this was the easiest install I ever did (what I am saying is that it is great for a user like me. An experienced user may not find it useful at all).

Of course, no connection at all with them..it just worked for me.

Guru
Guru
The include path="" error message is a bit misleading. This only displays the setting from php.ini, it won't show the other directories from the main.inc.php setting. So you pretty much want to ignore that portion of the error message.

UBB.threads Developer
Journeyman
Journeyman
Ok, Got it working now! []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/].

I don't know what was wrong..I just started over again (for the 4th time) but now it worked...It's great to be able to test at my desktop so easily!

Thanks everybody.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63