Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#211820 09/21/2001 1:33 AM
User
User
Every once in a while I get this error:
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host '64.156.139.240' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/htdocs/hostdk/flashtribute/www/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 23
SQL ERROR: Unable to connect to the database!

I assume it is due to number of connections that my host has set, but I am not sure about that...can anyone tell me if I am right or not?
My host told me that I should try another IP adress as well, but when I insert the new IP in the config.php file and upload it, it just gives me the same error, displaying the same old IP...
I don't get it...
Thanks for your help
Luke01

Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
Try setting your "persistant connections" variable to "off". Has helped me a great deal.

User
User
It is already set to 0, has always been set to 0. I don't know why it does that..
I forgot mentioning that I have just done the upgrade from 5.4.2 to 5.4.3, and maybe something got changed in the middle, but the config.php where the persistent connection is set it is fine.

I don't know...
thanks for helping
Luke01

Luke01

User
User
And now I am getting this error, things seem pretty strange here...

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_Username, U_Totalposts, U_Laston, U_Password, U_Sort, U_Display, U_View, U_PostsPer, U_EReplies, U_TextCols, U_TextRows, U_Status, U_StyleSheet, U_Language, U_TempPass, U_TimeOffset, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Groups, U_Language, U_StartPage, U_Picture, U_Name, U_Title, U_Favorites FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username = 'Luca'
File './flashtribute/w3t_Users.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24): 1105
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/htdocs/hostdk/flashtribute/www/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 71
SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_Username, U_Password, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username = 'Luca' AND U_Password = '.$sYaPQML7j.c'
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/htdocs/hostdk/flashtribute/www/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 71

any one has seen this b4?

thanks
Luke01

User
User
It seems it can't find the file File './flashtribute/w3t_Users.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24): 1105

and there are someothers down the line like:
File './flashtribute/w3t_Online.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24): 1105

and

File './flashtribute/w3t_Category.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24): 1105

I don't know what is this due to...if it has been an error of mine or it's my host...
But I don't think it is me because last night when I left, everything was working perfect and nobody else but me have access to the admin section or anything else...I don't know...

Please Help
thanks
Luke01

Sponsored Links
User
User
ok I have more infos now...
when I use in the config.inc.php file this IP 64.156.139.240, it gives me this error:

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_Username, U_Totalposts, U_Laston, U_Password, U_Sort, U_Display, U_View, U_PostsPer, U_EReplies, U_TextCols, U_TextRows, U_Status, U_StyleSheet, U_Language, U_TempPass, U_TimeOffset, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Groups, U_Language, U_StartPage, U_Picture, U_Name, U_Title, U_Favorites FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username = 'Luca'
SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_Username, U_Password, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username = 'Luca' AND U_Password = '.$sYaPQML7j.c'

If I use the other IP 64.156.138.234 that my host gave me I get this error, which quite strange becuase it is not connecting to the proper IP:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host '64.156.139.240' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/htdocs/hostdk/flashtribute/www/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 23
SQL ERROR: Unable to connect to the database!
:
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/htdocs/hostdk/flashtribute/www/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 33

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/htdocs/hostdk/flashtribute/www/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 58
SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_Username, U_Password, U_Groups, U_TimeOffset, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username = 'Luca' AND U_Password = '.$sYaPQML7j.c'
:

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/htdocs/hostdk/flashtribute/www/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 58
:
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/htdocs/hostdk/flashtribute

Any Idea??
thanks for trying
Luke01

Guru
Guru
Are you on a shared server or a dedicated host? If you are on a shared server then it's possible that due to the number of users using the mysql server that their max connects are too low, or it is just being overused. If you are on a dedicated server, then you will need to use the mysqladmin flush-hosts command and possibly up your max connects.

As for the other problem it looks like you have some table corruption as well. If this is hosted you'll need to contact support and have them use the isamchk or myisamchk utility to check your database files for any corruption and repair.

UBB.threads Developer
User
User
I am on a shared server and I told my host to rise the connections limit and I had no answer so far, but now the board is working so I guess they eventually did something...
As for the corruption I will e-mail them right now and tell them what you have told me...I'll tell you how it goes.
Thanks again
luke01

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63