Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#212462 10/13/2001 3:41 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi all--

Rick has done a wonderful job with W3T and this community.

There has been much negative said here in the last couple of days about the changes coming and our collective fears about the future.

But there has not been enough said about Rick, and particularly our thanks to him.

Perhaps you'd like to join me with some specifics for which you would like to thank Rick.

For me, I want to thank you Rick for being so responsive. Not just in the questions and support issues, but in putting a couple of my little wishes into the published product.

Also, you have answered questions for me about unix which did not relate directly to your product.

And when I had private questions you responded quickly and generously. So thank you! []/testimages/icons/laugh.gif[/]

Sponsored Links
SedXX #212463 10/13/2001 4:26 PM
Most important was the attention he paid to what users had to say, the way he answered issues and the fact that he was frank with everything. All of those while writing this fine piece of software smile For that we've come to consider/treat him as one of our own. Once more, thanks for everything and good luck in the future!

PS. Anyway, he's not leaving so things can't be that bad after all (except for the pricing/naming decisions on which he may not have control).

SedXX #212464 10/13/2001 4:27 PM
Coder
Coder
Yup, nobody's been more responsive and helpful, a good reason why W3T is as great as it is.

He has an open nature as well in regards to new ideas. Hopefully that nature will prove helpful in this situation...

User
User
Rick is the Absolute Best :)

He's more them responsive and he actually looks at the problem and devises strategy around fixing it. Case and Point: I posted that I was having trouble upgrading from 5.3 perl to 5.4.4 so I could try PHP and get up to the latest version. You can see our exchanges in the perl general question forum - Absolutely professional. Heck he even emailed me some scripts to fix/check and get around my immediate problem. I still have some problems with the php working properly and I am trying to see what some of the changes I did to the perl version is effecting on the php side. But look at my thread there.

I was an infopop customer and left a year and a half ago due to many reasons including w3t had more cool features but I never got this kind of support before -- Ever. I had to figure things out myself when I had an issue back then. I got the Glossy standard support where they were listening but nobody was home treatment. I will get off the infopop thing now.

I guess what I am trying to say is. THANKS Rick....

SedXX #212466 10/14/2001 1:32 PM
Kahuna
Kahuna
I can't say enough... countless features were added, always willing to help anybody with a problem with their install or forum, and a nice guy to boot! We really can't thank Scream enough for his dedication to W3T... without him, it wouldn't be the best forum software out there. Many many thanks.

Muhammad
Sponsored Links
SedXX #212467 10/15/2001 6:20 AM
Power User
Power User
Everyone here agrees that Rick is, and has always been, like "one of us". He has never lied to us so why should we doubt him now?

The deal is done and no amount of whining is going to change things. So if Rick says he has our best interest at heart, how can you doubt his decision and still claim to be his friend?

I am sure this has been the hardest thing Rick has ever had to do and we are not making it any easier for him. Let's get behind our leader and help him make this transition one of the best things to ever happen to WWWThreads.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Rick who???

Common peeps!

This is starting to sound like a eulogy!

Everyone knows that Rick is the GOD of w3t! Why rub it in? LOL

Brew
CustomShowCars.com
OldHouseForums.com
PoliticalForums.net
pcgnetworks.com
ut2003news.com
rtcwnews.com
bf1942news.com
nolf2news.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63