Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#212686 10/17/2001 12:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Lurker
Lurker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
And maybe I should be.

I'm installing the demo php. This is my first time using php & mysql, but I seem to have bumbled my way thru it, until now ...

After using the createtable file, I followed the link and got a page with this message ....

The forums are temporarily closed as we are upgrading to 5.1b.

There is a forum header and the style sheet works, but nothing else. Is it supposed to be like this?

Sponsored Links
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 90
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 90
Look in config.inc.php for $config['isclosed'] and make sure it is set to 0.

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Lurker
Lurker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Thanks!!!!!

That seemed to have fixed the problem =)

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Lurker
Lurker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Well almost ....

Now I am in, I've registerd myself ... but this appears at the top of the page ...

Warning: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pookiego/public_html/wwwthreads/config.inc.php:254) in /home/pookiego/public_html/wwwthreads/main.inc.php on line 35

Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/pookiego/public_html/wwwthreads/config.inc.php:254) in /home/pookiego/public_html/wwwthreads/main.inc.php on line 35

Warning: open(/home/httpd/sessions/sess_d9b827d1cd94ec92464b5687d77028f5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/pookiego/public_html/wwwthreads/main.inc.php on line 35

and when I click "Admin" it tells me I need to login.

When I try to login, it says "no such username"

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Lurker
Lurker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
I've gotten rid of that message when the login screen is up, now it just appears when it goes to the screem where the PM's and seetings are.

I'm using cookies by the way

Sponsored Links
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 90
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 90
The error message hints that you are using sessions to track users and there is something wrong while reading session information. Make sure you have created the 'sessions' directory and made it world writable. If you do not intend to use sessions, find $config['tracking'] in config.inc.php and set it to 'cookies'.

Joined: May 1999
Posts: 3,039
Guru
Guru
Offline
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 3,039
Check at the very end of your config.inc.php file. It looks like you either have a space or an empty line after the closing ?> tag. Anything after that tag gets treated as header info and will cause that problem.


UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Lurker
Lurker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Thanks!

That solved it!

It's up and running QUITE well! (it's such a great program!)

Just one last question ....in the demo version ... Am I allowed only one Admin? and can I change the colour of the admin name (I tried in the theme file, but it didn't seem to work)?

Joined: May 1999
Posts: 3,039
Guru
Guru
Offline
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 3,039
Yes, only one admin in the demo version. THe color change from the theme file will only change newly created admins. You actually need to edit your main admin directly to change the color of the username.


UBB.threads Developer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Posts: 808
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4876
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 1
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)