Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#212722 10/18/2001 3:02 PM
The New Infopop Site (http://www.infopop.com) is now available, and UBBThreads Info can be found at http://www.infopop.com/products/ubbthreads/index.html.

RIP WWWThreads.

Now, where is my E-Mail?

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
Ted just sent me an email saying that the email to customers either will be sent out late tonight or tommorow. Sorry for the delay, but they don't want to send out the email prematurely where you guys might have problems with the members area.

UBB.threads Developer
It would be nice if we really could access it.

In reply to:

Access Has Expired
The Member Area access period for this license has expired. It expired on 01 Jan 2075. Click here to purchase a Member Area Subscription online.

My licence has Expired, Wow what year is it?

-Ken Torbeck [blue]www.INFOSITE.[/blue][red]ORG[/red] Special Needs & disAbilities Info. Center
Guru
Guru
There's a problem with the non-expiring license. Looks like it wasn't prepared for a date so far in the future[]/testimages/icons/laugh.gif[/]. Ted's working on it now and should have it fixed shortly.

UBB.threads Developer
Thank You, I was worried I had polled a Rip Van Winkle. []/testimages/icons/smile.gif[/]

-Ken Torbeck [blue]www.INFOSITE.[/blue][red]ORG[/red] Special Needs & disAbilities Info. Center
Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Actually, it took me a couple tries on each of their screens that it took me to. Seems it doesn't understand that CompuServe and compuserve is the same thing, for one thing, and then their screen automatically refreshes and requires you to re-enter everything if you have one small error like that!

Seems like that is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Oh, and there is no Threads discussion forum there yet. When?

Guru
Guru
Yeah, they are busy working out the kinks. There is a catchall forum setup here. This is only going to be there until the full import is done.

UBB.threads Developer
Power User
Power User
I logged in successfully, and it had a paragraph:
------------------
Thanks for using the UBBThreads™. As a paid UBBThreads™ Member Area subscriber, you may download any available version of UBBThreads™ listed below. Please remember that you are bound by our licensing agreement. All warranties detailed in that agreement are valid for these downloads.
------------------

I clicked on "our licesne agreement" and was given the new one. I understand the situation for current users of the product, but it would be nice to see that reflected on their site. It's that kind of paranoia where the salesperson says "sure you can return it..." then you do and another salesperson says, "I'm sorry that's no longer that case"...

Just a suggestion

Kahuna
Kahuna
I don't get why I have an extra 401 posts on the OT forums... I have only posted 4 messages there but my profile says I've posted 405. []/testimages/icons/wink.gif[/]

Um, ok!

Muhammad
Coder
Coder
because they are importing posts from some of the forums here... the posts you made to those forums are probably the ones getting counted. When they are done with the import, the forums that they are importing will be visible and you will get a better idea of what I mean... []/testimages/icons/smile.gif[/]

matt

--------------------
Matt Reinfeldt
http://www.mattreinfeldt.com/
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63