Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 14
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
[]https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/blush.gif[/]
Ouch... yes, sorry the instructions were incorrect. I entered the field manually using phpmydmin, so I just wrote out the query but didn't use it... sorry for the frustration I caused. I'm glad you got it working. It's looking good!
Regards,
Max

Sponsored Links

Regards
Clint

Running on WIN2003 Web Server.

Paranoid people get followed too!
Veteran
Veteran
The attachment seems to be invalid - it doesn't exist []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/frown.gif[/]

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Gorlum #213796 02/23/2002 10:02 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
No problem Allen, I understand.

Cheers,
Max

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks.

Guess this is one modification that I will not be installing.

Ian

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Max,

Any chance you'll be re-writing the instructions? I'd like to install this for my board to provide a calendar of upcomming episodes, etc.

If you need some help with the instructions, I can help out.

SDS #213800 02/23/2002 5:24 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Wraith,

Frankly, it's a lot of work, and I don't think that I'm interested in re-writing the instructions for something that's working fine... but if you, Allen or others want to do it then that's perfectly cool .

Perhaps it would be best if Allen orchestrates the effort as he initially suggested. Allen?

FYI - I'm going on vactation in a few hours, I will be away for a week. I'll send Allen a PM and email him the latest scripts again.

Regards,
Max

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thank You Max, sure, I'll write one, please send a zip to [][email protected][/] or pm me a link to them and I'll get them written up.

Have a great vacation, hopefully my instructions won't break it too much []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Allen,

I just PMed you...

FYI, the latest version that I sent you modifies the display: by default, it includes the calendar view as well as the threaded view, and it allows you to navigate to "hide" the calendar, as opposed to "switch views".

I did this in reaction to my readers, who felt with the prior version that although you could switch to a standard view, doing so was a little bit awkward.

It would be a relatively easy matter to change this back to the original way.

I would suggest that the best way to play around with this would be to install it here, decide on whether you like this approach or not, see if want to change some things (eg I hestated whether to include the original navbar in the calendar view), and then make the translations from a working final version.

Regards,
Max

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Getting this error:
Warning: unexpected error in date() in addpost.php on line 276

I did a fix that seems ok here:

I don’t think you can post a new topic in a calendar forum without the dates so changed this in addpost.php to clear the error with replies

Where: $date_string = date(".........);

I changed it to this: {$date_string} { $date_string = date(".........); }

Hope this helps

Regards
Clint

Running on WIN2003 Web Server.

Paranoid people get followed too!
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
For those experienced that can handle diff comparisons, I have the differences between stock 5.5.1 threads files and the calendar modification (v2.2).

diff.zip
(stock 5.5.1 on the left and modifications on the right)

For us mere mortals, here is a more understandable instruction set:
calendar_2_2.zip

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Line number 558 of install.txt is marked to edit newpost.php when I think you meant postlist.php instead.

Silly ricer.. Wings are for airplanes!
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks... my eyes were crossing about that time []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

Zip file updated...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Addict
Addict
After looking at the 100+K installation file... I got sick to my stomach (haha not quite) But how long does installing this take? I want to make sure I set enough time aside to do this and not end up somewhere in the middle and have to stop, and forget where I started, and blah.. no fun! []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]

Journeyman
Journeyman
Well the good news is that it took me about 30 mins. and the majority of the file is one big chunk.

The bad news is that it's giveing me a bit of a problem working.

Looks like everything is going good, databases seem to have been inserted correctly and such. the calendar shows up in the forum I created for it. but the messages don't show up in the squares ???

Any ideas?

It took me about 20-30 minutes to update from an untouched set of 5.5 files. As for the messages not showing up, I would suggest doing it again with a fresh set of those files.

I recommend using editplus 2 www.editplus.com

Or use Editplus 2 on a fresh set and then use Beyond Compare to extract your own already added stuff into the fresh calendar ones that you just edited.

Silly ricer.. Wings are for airplanes!
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
i have one request for this. make it its own file. not included with postlist and such. much easier solution for everyone. and no hacking invloved.

vent #213812 02/26/2002 11:35 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
excellent point poil... would make it much easier to implement and not conflict with other modifications so easily... []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Journeyman
Journeyman
Fixed it.

Was starting to re-start with a fresh set, and wouldn't you know it? The VERY First thing in the Find / Replace, (add Bo_Calendar) wasn't saved the first go around. Added that variable and everything runs great. []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/blush.gif[/]

I took a quick look at edit plus, looks pretty clean, but I'm into editpad pro and got used to it. Thanks anyway....

BTW, again, to those that made this one, Good Job! Just adding it you can see a LOT of coding went into it.

Addict
Addict
Hrmm... ok, so it takes about a half hour to install. So.. would you advise against installing this while intoxicated? As I'd like to do it right now since my users are bitching at me about it.. but I don't wanna mess it up if ya know what I mean []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]

[]https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/] []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/] thank you to all who put the effort in on this[]https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/] []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

I am extemely new to this and it fired first time with no problems..........

Now I have caught the hacking bug could someone give me a clue as to where you change the "city" tag when posting and aslo where do you change the text limit in the "city" box.
Or would it be easier to change the order of how the calender displays the texts, maybe subject first?

sorry to pester but you are all to blame.....lol

sorry!!!!!!

newpost.php of course

vent #213817 02/27/2002 2:42 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
In reply to:

poil said:
i have one request for this. make it its own file. not included with postlist and such. much easier solution for everyone. and no hacking invloved.

That's a really good idea, and something that should probably be considered more for the future of hacks in general. Making it a separate file eliminates the sometimes lenghty process of modifying existing code and then comparing that code to future releases. (yeah, I use Beyond Compare, but still...:)).

For the record, I use EditPad Pro as well and it's the best text-based editor I've ever seen. Clean, simple to use, able to support multiple files, spell check capability, templates for different file-types, etc.

No, they aren't paying me to say that. []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]

SDS #213818 02/27/2002 3:55 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
and if you are on a macintosh, you should use BBedit. it is the best text editing software for the macintosh. simple search and replce functions, multiple file search end replace functions. and yes they are paying me to tell you this, or i wish they would. []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/frown.gif[/]

vent #213819 03/07/2002 9:59 PM
There is not a working link for this hack on the thread!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
This is a great Hack Max! Thanks!

Question. Is there an easy way to disable/not require the "city"?

Another question. I've got these funny characters "õõõ" before each event instaead of arrows like I see on other peoples installs. Maybe it's just my browser.
You can see at: http://www.AtlantaSinglesChoir.com/calendar

Thanks again!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
In reply to:

There is not a working link for this hack on the thread!

I'll post the stuff as soon as I get back to work, maybe this afternoon.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
vent #213822 03/09/2002 2:19 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
good idea poil

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi dRiver,
in the "newpost.php", look for "City" and replace it, and look for "maxlength = 15" and replace it.
Regards,
Max

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
On the funny characters front: in postlist.php, look for

$events .= "<font color=red><b>

and immediately following that, check out what you've got... I'm using ››› , you might want to start with copying/pasting these characters right there, and if that doesn't work out you can change them to something else that works.

On the City front, the field name is "Location"... it's not supereasy, you need to tinker with it a bit. You would have to:

in newpost.php, find

<table border="0"><tr>
<td>City</td>
<td>  </td>
<td>Date</td>
<td>  </td>
<td>Time</td></tr><tr><td>
<input type=text name = Location maxlength = 15 class="formboxes" size=15></td>
<td>  </td><td>
<SELECT NAME="day" class="formboxes">

And tinker around that section to remove the City/Location and reformat the table.

Also, in postlist.php, remove these three lines:
if (!$Location) {
$Location = "--no location--";
}

Regards,
Max

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
On non-calendar boards, the message box is incorrectly entitled "Detailed Event Description" instead of the standard "Post".

In newpost.php , find

if ($Calendar = 'Y') {
echo "Detailed Event Description<br>";

and replace with

if ($Calendar == 'Y') {
echo "Detailed Event Description<br>";

Max

thanx for the reply Max

lanet #213827 03/12/2002 9:01 AM
Just a little insight here as I saw earlier someone brought this up.

In your instructions you create the calendar to display on the top of all forums through the add table function. I followed your instructions to a tee and I did not like what I saw. Great work on the hack but I think most people would like to see threads not a calendar staring them in their face when they enter a forum. So here is what I did and I hope I did it correct. I made another forum called calendar and made sure the BO_Calender field had Y in it for that particular forum. I then edited all other forums to blank ( no Y ) so that there is nothing on that table and optimized my tables. I end up with forums all normal and a calendar forum which displays the calendar.

My only question is the table field Bo_Calendar for all the forums that are set to nothing is this fine?

Everything is working right.

Maze_Brendan #213828 03/12/2002 11:30 AM
I just want to say first I think what you are doing here is great. I was also with you guys over at wwwthreads and just renewed my subscription to UBB mainly because of the hacks I saw you guys come up with, so hats off! I would love to get my hands on the Calendar hack if you could give me some sort of location for it? (I did get the intergrated index pal thingy going on my site and I love it,Thanks Dave!) Just gotta twist my users arms to go with the PHP version of threads versus the Perl version! thanks in advance!.

Pappy
My site is over at www.greatlakesalliance.com
it is an online gaming site for ultima online and the calendar hack would work great on our Event forums.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks Max. I decided not to take the field out, but to use the instructions you gave in another post to change the name and field length of it. Thanks! Excellent work!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
omega,

in postlist.php, look for
if ( !$cs ) { $cs = 2 ; }

If you change that to

if ( !$cs ) { $cs = 2 ; }

The result will be that by default, you will see calendar boards in their "hide calendar" mode, and you would have to click on "show calendar" on top to see the calendar. So it wouldn't "stare you in the face".

As for blank fields for Bo_Calendar for non-calendar boards, yes, that's OK.

Regards,
Max

Hi Max,

Just noticed something in that the calendar doesn't seem to be operating on the same time offset as the rest of the board.......?

Is this just me and the way I have installed it? I use a 16 hr time offset and the main index page shows the correct time and date but the calendar is a day behind.

I have tried looking in postlist.php to see where the calendar gets the time from with no luck,

lanet #213832 03/13/2002 10:52 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hmmm...

You're right: the offset is not being considered in deciding which box to highlight.

The relevant line is:

$thisDay = date('d');

Perhaps someone could assist with a suggested new syntax for that line?

Max

PS - any other symptoms?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63