Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Greeetings, all!

I just upgraded to Threads after running a busy UBB for 2 years. The install went well, but I'm having lots of trouble importing members, posts, polls, and particularly private forums.

My moderators show up in the "Moderaters" Group, but they aren't assigned to their proper forums. Some of my private forums have all messages present, and some show zero messages.... can't figure this out. All the private forums are created as open to guest viewing. And even though I've wiped the tables and imported several times, the main screen always says the last member to join was in February, even though I've had hundreds of signups since then.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm anxious to get this thing set up and rolling, but can't get past the importing problems.

Thanks in advance for clues.

Helice
http://foolmoon.com

Sponsored Links
Hey Full Moon,

Same deal here.. its not really a big thing.. A couple of little things and your done.

1) Mods Problem

Go to your admin page, go to show/edit users, choose "by group" to search by

And then choose "moderators" in the second catagory

Press Submit

Once you have the list up, you will need to right click and choose open in new window for each username

Then in each one, remove mod privledges for all forums.

Close the screen, and then go back in again and choose "remove mod privledges" (note: this will only be there once you have removed them as mods for all forums)

When thats all done, simply go add them all as mods again in their respective forums.

Seems like alot, but its really only about 20 mins of work.

2) 0 messages in some forums.. I dont really know off hand what could cause this.. Curious.. what kind of private were they set like in UBB? Password, or individual user?

3) All private forums open for guests. You can do two things here. Either create a "users" group and le the people who have access get set in the users group (you can set their groups individually in their user profiles) Or you can set all users to a new group named something other than guests.. and go through all the forums and change it to not allow guests..

4) The timing was off on my forum when it came over as well.. Let someone join, it will reset the timer.

-Bry

(PS: This is just my experience.. lots of helpful folk on here, there should be some more comments)

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your quick answer! []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

I'll give your suggestions a try first thing in the morning, I'm looking forward to introducing my user base to the new format.

Cheers,

Helice
http://foolmoon.com

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Be sure you are using the most recent import script from http://www.ubbcentral.com/downloads/ - philipp put some time into it to make it work better.

The moderators haven't worked right yet, but the advice you already rec'd sounds good []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63