Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 9
#214987 04/10/2002 9:57 AM
Kahuna
Kahuna
Thrilled with the addition of the long list of stats I wanted for 5.1 (I think... forgetting now), I'm now back with more requests for forum stats. As the title suggests... more more more!!! []/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/]

So right now we have some good stats for PM's and users, as well as posts... I'm sure most admins find the stats fairly sufficient for their needs. But, but, but! How about...

Historical data recorded on each day of activity. At, say, 12:00AM count for the previous 24 hours, the number of...

(data from past 24 hours only)

Total posts
Total new user registrations
Total user logins
Total anonymous logins
Top x # of users who logged in the most (trackable?)
Total registered posters
Total anonymous posters
Peak Registered Users Online
Peak Anonymous Users Online
Peak Total Users Online
New Topics
New Replies
PM's Sent
Top x # of posters for the day
Top x # viewers for the day (not sure if tracking the number of views on a per day basis, and beyond that on a per user basis, would be possible?)
Top x # of forums ranked in posts
Top x # of forums ranked in views
Top x # of most active threads by posts
Top x # of most active threads by views (new posts/views for that day only)

And remember, I'm not even asking for filtering (yet) []/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/] []/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/]

This would then be thrown into a new section in the admin stats area, called "daily history" ... just record the numbers, throw them in a big ole' table, and an admin could pull those out and dump them in excel or some other program to analyze, create charts, etc. Ultimately, charts and graphs automatically generated by the forum would be ideal, but investing the time and resources into that might not be high on the priority list.

For the admins who have forums with hundreds of posts a day, these stats are very important... you need to be able to watch the trends of your forum more closely, see when major growth or declines happen, and react to those changes. If you usually have 2 new users a day, and one day you have 20 new users, you should want and need to know that as an admin...

Sure would beat manual tracking of all this!

Muhammad
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Those sound like nice additions []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Lurker
Lurker
Cool! But here's a suggestion: Let the admin choose whether or not if he WANTS it to only show the last 24 hours stats. Or not. Because, for large boards, I would prefer it only showing the last 24 hours stats. But for smaller boards, I'd prefer it showing longer than that.

~Jon

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849